The *New* Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa Frequently Asked Questions (FEB2004) Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Conch, Sago, Boca Chica, and Big Pine all have park views. The best are supposed to be in Conch and Sago. I stayed in a MK view room that was in Boca and it was great! The castle was a little to the left but you could see it plainly while sitting on the balcony. Heaven!:cloud9: I still scratch my head over how Big Pine could have MK views.:confused: I would hope for one of the other 3 lodges.

Tinks, sorry you had a less than stellar stay.

We had a MK view in Big Pine Key. I posted pics a while back. Though the main part of the building wouldn't have a MK viw, the very end of the building, clostest to Boca Chica, is angled the same way as Boca Chice, opposite the rest of big Pine Key, so those rooms can have a MK view. Does that make sense?

This may be a silly question, but does anyone who knows a CM that works for the GF know if they exchange out the robes between guest stays?

It would be nice to lounge around in the robes, :love: but I'd like to be sure that that they are freshly laundered. ;)

Doing the one month dance today. :cool1:

I don't know a CM, but we just returned from the GF, and when we were leaving our room for the last time, I saw the linen basket they place by the doors for the housekeepers. It included two clean robes, and as I looked down the hallway, I noticed other baskets with clean robes in them as well. I hope that is reassuring.

I think you also asked about Citrico's; we ate there for the first time a couple nights ago, and everything was delicious. We really enjoyed it, though I thought the menu was shorter than that of Narcoossee's, and personally prefer Narcoossee's overall. But, not because of lesser quality food, just the selection and we can never choose which of our favorites at Narcoossee's to order.

Have a wonderful stay at the Grand!

I agree about the shorter menus at Citricos. With six of us there are times some of us don't see anything on the menu that appeals to us. But what they do, they do well.

Do GV rooms have body wash and conditioner or do I need to bring my own?

Eight days to go and counting.:cool1: Surprise birthday present for my DD. Not telling them to Nov 2.:dance3:

DW and I are leaning towards white top, with either black pants or shorts...anyone else have sample pics of the GF photopass shoot?

Sharing pics from our photopass shoot....

image27.jpg

image66.jpg

image49.jpg

image39.jpg

image76.jpg

image51.jpg

Conch, Sago, Boca Chica, and Big Pine all have park views. The best are supposed to be in Conch and Sago. I stayed in a MK view room that was in Boca and it was great! The castle was a little to the left but you could see it plainly while sitting on the balcony. Heaven!:cloud9: I still scratch my head over how Big Pine could have MK views.:confused: I would hope for one of the other 3 lodges.

One of the "side" ends of Big Pine has MK views- we've had them twice in Big Pine! Hope that makes sense! If you look at a GF map, it's easier to tell!:)

We didn't do the Photopass Picture Shoot through Disney, but we did just have pictures done at Grand Floridian when we had our DD's 16th birthday party there.

We all wore shades of pink, blue, yellow, white, or khaki..we had a large group..and I LOVE the way the pictures turned out!!

I just wish I would've left my white pants on! I started the afternoon in them, but it was just SOOOOOO hot out, and they were really heavy..lined and everything, so when DD changed her outfit, I changed too.

Wish I hadn't of!

Anyway..if anyone wants to check out the pics they are at..chapmanphotography.com

Go to Menu..then My Photos..and look for Heather's 16th..10/17/07

I peeked at Brier Roses' pics and of course looked at ek's family pics. Both sets of photos are beautiful! How special for your daughter Brier Rose, to have her B-day at GF! princess:

:goodvibes

I have a few Questions about our trip in 26 days!:rotfl:

We contacted IPO and made our room requests. Do you think I should E mail them the same requests? I can't remember how many days before the arrival can you call to see what room you got? We are so hoping for MK view from the main building.

Has anyone ever shipped some of their items from home?

Thanks for helping us. And anything you found helpful that I should pack.:wizard:

Wonderful pictures of past posts!
Heather

AP holders, can you please check ASAP on the Passholder website to see if the GF is available (or CR) for Feb 2-9? Currently we have CR Tower MK view Feb 2-6 and RPC at the GF Feb 6-9.

Thanks!

We contacted IPO and made our room requests. Do you think I should E mail them the same requests? I can't remember how many days before the arrival can you call to see what room you got? We are so hoping for MK view from the main building.
If you've already spoken to them about your requests, then there's not much more that can be done. You could followup with an e-mail, just to ensure that they have them on record, but that's about it. Even if they do pre-assign the room, they will not give out that information until you arrive. Too many things that could change your assignment between now and then.

Have a great trip.

AP holders, can you please check ASAP on the Passholder website to see if the GF is available (or CR) for Feb 2-9? Currently we have CR Tower MK view Feb 2-6 and RPC at the GF Feb 6-9.

Thanks!

Just checked showing nothing at either resorts straight through.

02/02 - 02/06 - GF SL Standard Room $2,104
02/06 - 02/09 - CR Garden Wing $968

I have a bit more of a play around and let you know if I can find anymore. Looks like theres plenty of availability at YC & BC

Just checked showing nothing at either resorts straight through.

02/02 - 02/06 - GF SL Standard Room $2,104
02/06 - 02/09 - CR Garden Wing $968

I have a bit more of a play around and let you know if I can find anymore. Looks like theres plenty of availability at YC & BC

They do have

GF RPC - 02/02 - 02/04 $1440
02/08 - 02/09 $749

CR Theme Park View - 02/05 - 02/06 $406
02/08 - 02/09 $462

There seems to be availability at the GF & CR in non concierge rooms on most days but not all. HTH :)

How boring of me to be thinking about doing laundry while on vacation, but I was wondering where the laundry rooms are located?

How boring of me to be thinking about doing laundry while on vacation, but I was wondering where the laundry rooms are located?

Most of the buildings have laundry on the first floor. Usually its 2 washers and 2 dryers so I go early in the morning or late in the night.

Anyone know what order the buildings were renovated?

I know Sago? isn't yet started...

Anyone know the first to be completed?:confused3

Does anyone have any pics of the rooms that have the MK view? Have they been remodeled yet???

Im so excited to be staying there for Xmas! :santa: Any pics of the building that has the MK view would be appreciated!

Oh, has anyone paid for a MK view room and they werent happy with the view of the castle???

The only buildings with straight-on views of the MK are Sago and Conch, and some of the rooms in the main building in RPC. Sago is supposed to be closed for refurbishment over Christmas. Conch has already been done.

Here's a photo of the MK I took from our room in Sago Key.
PICT0018.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter