The Music of Disney May Exercise Challenge

Lazy weekend
according to my watch
5/10 2 minutes
5/11 16 minutes
5/12 11 minutes

We took my girls for their interview for global entry. We are going to England and France in June. My girls convinced my husband we have to go to disneyland Paris during our trip.

How exciting! We did global entry for all of us a few months ago since we're heading to London this fall. I'd love to hear all about your trip when you return. Disneyland Paris would be so much fun. Too bad I couldn't convince the rest of my family to take the train to Paris while we're there.

Wow! Three color changes today! Congrats to MikeNamez and Oneanne for reaching Ovation Orange and to sophy1996 for being the first to reach Pat on the Back Purple!!!! :figment::tigger::figment::tigger:

Here's a song from Moana that always makes me feel like I can accomplish anything I set my mind to. I hope it inspires you, as well:

And this is a great article about Lin-Manuel Miranda's process of creating How Far I'll Go.

Last edited:

View attachment 400272

Let’s throw on 250 minutes for the weekend.

840/1600

Saturday: DisneySea first thing. It was so fun to have totally different rides like Sinbad, Journey to the Center of the Earth, 20,000 Leagues, Aquatopia boats, and Nemo Searider!

Snacks: blueberry vanilla mousse, some buns from a bakery, and stumbled over honey popcorn with no line.

Near noon we left the park and went to visit a new Tokyo museum, teamLab Borderless digital art museum. Digital projections on walls and floor, LED lights, all kinds of stuff. (Picture above)

We had lunch at a well-known ramen chain Ippudo and then rested in the room for a bit.

Early evening back to DisneySea (much less crowded than earlier) and closed the park out.

Sunday morning we were back for Happy 15. We only had a couple of hours but we were the first riders on Raging Spirits coaster and the steamer boat that morning (had our own private boat!). Also did one last spin on Journey.

And we got a gyoza bun (line had been way too long before).

Then it was time to leave TDR and head to the port for the cruise we’re taking (trans-Pacific to Alaska).

A most excellent visit. If you get the chance, go! Any veteran of the US parks will have no problems handling TDR.

TDR and a trans-Pacific cruise?! You guys sure know how to plan incredible vacations. That sounds like the way to do this! So much better than a long, sad flight home.

60 minutes at the gym on this lousy day (435/1000).
@Twilight Sparkle and @ljcrochet, sounds like great trips! We did global entry a couple of years ago and can’t say enough how great it it! Pre-check is good, but kind of hit or miss at our airport. We often start on a shorter line, but then merge with the regular line at the actual screening. It’s good not to have to take off your shoes, though. But, when you get off the plane coming home, so tired from the long trip, and see the loooooong lines, it’s a good pick-me-up to find the blue flag and literally sail through!

How Far I’ll Go is one of my absolute favorite songs! Love Moana!

60 minutes at the gym on this lousy day (435/1000).
@Twilight Sparkle and @ljcrochet, sounds like great trips! We did global entry a couple of years ago and can’t say enough how great it it! Pre-check is good, but kind of hit or miss at our airport. We often start on a shorter line, but then merge with the regular line at the actual screening. It’s good not to have to take off your shoes, though. But, when you get off the plane coming home, so tired from the long trip, and see the loooooong lines, it’s a good pick-me-up to find the blue flag and literally sail through!

How Far I’ll Go is one of my absolute favorite songs! Love Moana!

I'm sorry today was a lousy day! :sad1: Hopefully it's just the weather and nothing else going wrong in your life.

Thanks for the insight into global entry. It sounds like it will be worth the time and the $.

@Twilight Sparkle - just the weather! It’s been so cold and rainy yesterday and today, and they’re saying tomorrow, too. We’d planned to go to brunch yesterday in a restaurant that’s on the boardwalk in a beach town. But the place is seasonal and has mostly roll down plastic walls and it was 45 degrees with 30 mile an hour winds. Yes, we canceled! I’m just tired of all the rain over the last month. I don’t know how people in Seattle survive!

@Twilight Sparkle - just the weather! It’s been so cold and rainy yesterday and today, and they’re saying tomorrow, too. We’d planned to go to brunch yesterday in a restaurant that’s on the boardwalk in a beach town. But the place is seasonal and has mostly roll down plastic walls and it was 45 degrees with 30 mile an hour winds. Yes, we canceled! I’m just tired of all the rain over the last month. I don’t know how people in Seattle survive!

Bummer about brunch. Hope you found a nice alternative. Too much rain - especially cold rain - is never fun.

@sophy1996 Sounds like an amazing time in TDR! I hope to get out there some day, glad to see that you believe that any US park veteran will be able to survive. :P

Adding 175 minutes since Thursday. I took a 15 minute walk on Thursday, a 20 minute walk on Friday, and a 20 minute walk today. Over the weekend, I visited my family in Cincy for mothers day and got a King's Island season pass. I spent about 6 hours in the park this weekend, so I'm counting a third of it for minutes, so +120 for walking this weekend.

390/880

110 minute hike yesterday evening ending with a fantastic unexpected viewing of a nighthawk feeding frenzy over the lake at dusk. Our daughter wasn't with us, but since she's our bird lover, I'm taking her tonight to hopefully give her a chance to see them. My husband counted at least 50 nighthawks last night. I was too mesmerized to count them.

940/1860

3 more color changes today: piglet1979 and Elizabeth Smith move to Ovation Orange, and Twilight Sparkle (me) is now at Pat on the Back Purple. Congrats to our newest color changers! :rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

Our TEAM has jumped up to 44% which is not too bad for almost halfway through the month. We need 613 minutes to reach our next color change.

Since sophy1996 is cruising across the ocean, I think it's time we sing along to Under the Sea:

This song was released in 1989 as part of the soundtrack for The Little Mermaid and has remained popular ever since. Here's a bit of trivia related to Under the Sea:

• The song is based on the song "The Beautiful Briny Sea" from the 1971 film Bedknobs and Broomsticks.
  • The track won the Academy Award for Best Original Song in 1989.
  • The song is present throughout all the Walt Disney Parks and Resorts around the world as well as the Disney Cruise Line.
  • The music is briefly heard during Aladdin just before Genie turns Aladdin into a prince. During this segment, the Genie opens a recipe book to find a supposed recipe for a prince and comes upon "Alaskan king crab", a snippet of "Under the Sea" playing as he pulls Sebastian from his finger.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter