the most expensive Souvenir you bought for.......

the most expensive souvenir I ever came home with from WDW....
my youngest son.:rolleyes1

That's cute! My parents had one of those too on a trip to Cape Cod, Mass in 1978. He's my brother who will be 29 next month!

I honestly don't know what is the most expensive gift I came home with. I haven't paid attention since it's usually a little bit of this and that.

Maybe the most expensive thing was a hockey jersey for DH at around $55.

I bought my DD a Precious Moments figurine two years ago. It cost about $75.00. This time around I spent about $120.00 on a charm bracelet and charms for me!!

Suz

The most expensive thing I got on our trip was a wedding snowglobe...DH bought it for me for our first anniversary...I think it was $65 or so...alot cheaper than what we thought it would be.

On the first day of my Disneymoon, my husband and I made the mistake of walking into the Art of Disney store at DTD. I fell in love with the hand drawn mickey and minie bride sketch and the pin that it was based on. So we planted down $180 bucks for the framed sketch with pin. But everytime I look at it I remember what an amazing time we had on our Disneymoon!!!! Ill have to take a picture and add it to my post when I get it up on the wall( ust moved home)

Mine was a 100 Years of Magic Anniversary Leather Bommer Jacket $350.00, then it would be my Pearl picked from Japan set in 14k rose gold with a rose gold chain at DD $250, and then my rose gold skegan mickey watch.

Now that has been over a bunch of different years. We do 3 trips a year but we save for something we really want and only buy something big on the one out of 3 trips.

We did the Magic Kingdom photo shoot in front of the castle after getting married. It was $800 (and I believe it's even more now). Ridiculous! But those pictures sum up my wedding and each time I see them I'm reminded of being in Disney and being THAT happy.

Warning, stay out of the jewelry shop! My DH bought fossil watches for himself and my DS. For me he purchased a gold wedding ring with Mickey heads around the band! I don't know the prices but it was alot more than we would normally spend!!

That would be my $300 souvenier x-ray photo of my tooth from a dentist while in DisneyWorld.

Not to get off topic, but for those who bought the big figurines, How do you display them? I've always wanted one, but don't know where I would put it.

Thanks

What I wanted on our last trip in October was the $1,500 14kt gold Disney charm bracelet. I'm still hounding my husband to get it for me. If you haven't seen it-it's to die for!!!!!

None of my souviners are overly expensive, but when I was kid there use to be a shop called Disneyana. In there they used to sell Disney rareties. I used to love to go in there and buy some hard to find items. For example, one of my most prized souviners is a large brass token that was handed out to the press corp. on opening day of WDW.

Big figure Ezra and helmsman Jack in Sept.
Don't have anything planned for this trip...maybe the Sword in the Stone snowglobe
6 more days!!!!!

$65 for Mickey cuff links.

The other more expensive stuff came from the World of Disney in NYC.

I got a pearl necklace with three pearls making a Mickey head. Forget how much it cost but it was around $200. DH bought it for my birthday.

The most expensive thing I bought wasn't actually for myself.

A good friend of mine had just gotten married and was honeymooning in WDW at the same time that my fiance and I were vacationing there. I found out what room at which resort he and his new wife were staying in so that I could send something from a store in the parks to his hotel.

He and his wife both love Disney, so I found a beautiful porcelain Mickey and Minnie in a rowboat to send them. I think it cost about $130.

giftshop1234_1986_149905368.jpg

On our last few trips to Europe (Great Britain, France, and Italy including Disneyland Paris 2003, Spain and Italy including Disney Magic Med cruise 2007), my wife has fallen in love with Smart cars. After our most recent trip, we got on the waiting list for one, now that they are going to sell them in the US.

Since she decided that she wanted one while on Disney-related trips and since she has already chosen colors and decided to name it 'Mickey', is it a souvenir?
smartprofile.jpg

SmartCarCabrioRed.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter