The Makeup Clique Thread - Wanna talk makeup? Wanna share tips? Wanna ask ?'s?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drive by posting.... since I'm still tipsy. :rolleyes1

The Jimmy BUffet concert was seriously AWESOME! I had the best time, ever!!!

If you havent gone - and have the chance - GO!!!

I had so much fun!!! :cool1:

See you ladies tomorrow.....after coffee and asprin!!! :laughing:

Saw him twice in June - still amazing every time!

Oh, CathrynRose......look what I found for you. :rolleyes1
0018127200080_LG.jpg

I was looking at a cool message board site that someone else posted here last week and came across a post about storage and finding something similar to this at Sam's Club. When I saw it I immediately thought of you. :goodvibes They have a whole bunch of these type things in pink. I think someone has been doing their homework. :thumbsup2

Oh, CathrynRose......look what I found for you. :rolleyes1
0018127200080_LG.jpg

I was looking at a cool message board site that someone else posted here last week and came across a post about storage and finding something similar to this at Sam's Club. When I saw it I immediately thought of you. :goodvibes They have a whole bunch of these type things in pink. I think someone has been doing their homework. :thumbsup2

LOVE!! :lovestruc (even though I'm not CR)

I don't understand the point of the felt?

Have Ijust not had enough coffee this morning? (that's possible :laughing: )

You can use felt or you can use index cards or you can use tape. YOu put it from under your eye to the eyebrow and it gives you a clean line to be sure your shadow is even and straight.

I'm going to another hair show. I don't really wanna go to this one, but my g/f needed someone to go with.

The participants. (much smaller show)

American Crew® | Aquage® | Ardell® | Arius Eickert
Beauty Systems Group Salon and Spa Equipment
Betty Dain Creations | China Glaze® | Clean + Easy®
The Cricket Company | Dennis Bernard® Inc.
Fake Bake® | GIGI® | Goldwell/KMS California
Helen of Troy® | Hempz™ | Joico®/ISO™ | Jatai®/Fuji
Kenra® | Malibu Wellness | NailTek™ | OPI®
Oster® Professional Products | Pravana® | Repêchage® Spilo® Worldwide/Mehaz | Satin Smooth® | Scruples® Supre® | Trionics® | Wahl® Clipper and Many More!

OMG sounds like heaven.

You can use felt or you can use index cards or you can use tape. YOu put it from under your eye to the eyebrow and it gives you a clean line to be sure your shadow is even and straight.

Do you find the felt works better?

I've just been using an index card (cheap and easy to use). I don't even bother cutting it into a triangle shape (talk about lazy, lol)... not really sure why that's necessary :confused3

I have been having SO MUCH FUN playing around with make-up!

I ended up keeping those two "wrong" eye shadow colors that I purchased at Sephora. I tried them on the next morning and they looked beautiful on my eyes, so I decided not to exchange them. I'll just go back in another couple of weeks and buy the two shadows I *intended* to buy in the first place... Suppose after that, I should look into buying a pallette to store them in for ease of use?

Well...this is bad.

I have another addiction. I found out Jimmy Buffett is playing up al Alpine Valley - which is only an hour and a half or so, from here....and I wanna go again. :lmao:

I (somehow) talked my long hair'd, tattoo'ed, eyebrow pierced husband into going. He'd prefer I find someone else, but is willing to go. I'll let you know if I end up with tickets. :rolleyes1

I've gone overboard. I'm going again. Makeup is gonna have to be put on hold when Jimmy is in town.....

5450_1198323592794_1069637892_636651_5422152_n.jpg

Thankfully I have 98 eyeshadows to hold me over. :laughing:

I've gone overboard. I'm going again. Makeup is gonna have to be put on hold when Jimmy is in town.....

Thankfully I have 98 eyeshadows to hold me over. :laughing:

I told you, didn't I??? Tell your DH I'm not a Jimmy Buffet fan at all and went along reluctantly, but I had so much fun. I want to go again!!

I've been on a sort of make-up hiatus over the summer. My usual routine is to kick off the weekend with some shopping on Friday and Saturday but we've been going to the lake instead so my makeup supply has been horribly neglected. But I think I'm going to remedy that today although I have no idea what I'm going to get. Maybe some new eyshadows, I've been in an eyeshadow rut lately. 98 eyeshadows???? I'm jealous!

Oh, and I have to give an update on my lashes. I've been using Latisse now and my previously thin, skimpy, barely-there lashes are beautiful!! The first month or so I saw a definite increase in length but not much difference in fullness. They even started looking straggly there for awhile because they were getting long, but not thickening up. I was a bit concerned that all I was going to get was the additional length. However, within the past month or so they have really filled out and now they are so long, thick, and glamorous. I cannot sing the praises of this product enough. Mascara application is so quick and easy now, maybe 5 mintues top and bottom vs ahem....well...a looonnng time. I no longer need to apply primer and mascaras that I'd previously put in my discard drawer as useless work wonderfully now. LOVE IT!!!

Who was talking about Too Faced mascara from beautycrunch??? I have to say that I was noticing I was getting "Panda Eyes" later on in the day and so, just for kicks, opened up my new Too Faced Layering kit that I picked up at ULTA. I put a sticker (OK a band aid) on my old mascara so I would know the difference...

It is like a totally different formula! There is no going back. The new Lash Injection is soooo much better. And I have to practically soak them in eye makeup remover to get it off. The "old" mascara just flaked off with water. I am so disappointed in the beautycrunch lash injection, that I don't think I'll be ordering from them again.

OH, and FYI, if anyone is interested in what I looked like in Florida. I posted a picture in my profile. I'm the one in the blue shirt. Aren't we a "strapping" family? ;) Seriously, we could have put some of that stuff at our feet for the picture. Anyway, you can see how deep set my eyes are. Sometimes I wonder why I bother with eyeshadow at all. Oh and it was blazingly hot that day. A more talented person probably would have looked better, but I felt presentable enough to have my picture taken.

I told you, didn't I??? Tell your DH I'm not a Jimmy Buffet fan at all and went along reluctantly, but I had so much fun. I want to go again!!

!

I dumped the hubby. My g/f is going instead. She even suggested becoming groupies. Hahahaha! And we're taking a Party Bus up there with a bus full of strangers. :laughing::laughing:

My son goes "Why are you taking a bus??" I told him, Danny - it's safer! And he goes "A bus full of drunks....yeah, sounds much safer!" :lmao::lmao::lmao:

My g/f picked up some Latisse. She's super excited to try it out. So glad to hear it worked well for you!!! :thumbsup2

happy birthday cat!!!

How on earth did I miss my Rainbowey Birthday wishes?!?!? Thank you Xena!!!! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Who was talking about Too Faced mascara from beautycrunch??? I have to say that I was noticing I was getting "Panda Eyes" later on in the day and so, just for kicks, opened up my new Too Faced Layering kit that I picked up at ULTA. I put a sticker (OK a band aid) on my old mascara so I would know the difference...

It is like a totally different formula! There is no going back. The new Lash Injection is soooo much better. And I have to practically soak them in eye makeup remover to get it off. The "old" mascara just flaked off with water. I am so disappointed in the beautycrunch lash injection, that I don't think I'll be ordering from them again.

OH, and FYI, if anyone is interested in what I looked like in Florida. I posted a picture in my profile. I'm the one in the blue shirt. Aren't we a "strapping" family? ;) Seriously, we could have put some of that stuff at our feet for the picture. Anyway, you can see how deep set my eyes are. Sometimes I wonder why I bother with eyeshadow at all. Oh and it was blazingly hot that day. A more talented person probably would have looked better, but I felt presentable enough to have my picture taken.

I'm really ticked to find out that some of you got crappy Lash Injection. I was wondering why some of you hated it. :mad: No mas Beauty Crunch.

Yes - such a strapping family! :cutie:

MISSPA - Who's with you with the little red wrist purse? I love that little purse. Cute!!

MISSPA - Who's with you with the little red wrist purse? I love that little purse. Cute!!

That's my sister :cutie: It was an old fashioned family vacay from years gone by, before grandkids and husbands (and ex-husbands). My sis and I joked in the car, "She's looking at me! She's touching me!" :laughing:

I don't know where she got the wristlet. I'll have to ask her.

I tried the Garnier Skin Renew Anti-Puff Eye Roller yesterday and I LOVE it! :love: It was the perfect time to try it. I had worked a double for two days, plus got no sleep and ate a salty bag of chips. My eyes were pufferoos. :scared1:

They had been puffy for a while and I've been wanting to get something. Walgreens had a Garnier sale last week. I actually forgot to check the MakeupAlley.com reviews and I'm glad I did. I actually like the Garnier moisturizers. So it didn't occur to me to check the reviews. The Skin Renew is my normal moisturizer as it really does even out my skin tone and minimize my sunspots. It's the ONLY moisturizer that is not too thick, and does not make me break out or get all those tiny white milia bumps the way Oil of Olay or Loreal products do.

I also use a tiny dab of the Garnier anti-wrinkle moisturizer as an under eye cream as it has an SPF sunblock, whereas most eye creams/lotions don't. Not sure why not, since that's such an important area. :confused3 It's also not as thick as real eye creams and lotions are. Again, I get white milia bumps if something is too thick.

So I tried the Anti-puff Roller. There is a learning curve and some experimenting to be done. According to the MakeupAlley.com reviews, it worked best when people rolled it on quite a few times and did multiple applications.

So I did that. I applied it to clean skin. Instead of the 1-2 swipes the directions say, I literally painted it on about 6-7 times. I really saturated the under-eye area with the gel. What I found that is really important is to follow the directions to take my finger and PAT IT INTO THE SKIN. I strongly suspect that the majority of the bad reviews were because people just rolled it on a couple times and that was it.

It has to be PATTED into the skin until it's absorbed deeply into the puffy layers. (I strongly suspect that what ever is in it is actually an anti-inflammatory ingredient that shrinks down puffy cells.) I let it sit for about 15 minutes while I had my morning coffee. I could see it had already firmed my under-eye area a bit, so I rolled on some more and patted it in. I also did a little bit on the upper eye area. That had started getting hooded over the last year as my skin started to sag and the corners of my eyes have started to droop.

I had the day off and was home. About an hour later, I noticed it really seemed to work. :eek: The puffiness really went down. But the under-eye area was getting dried out now. So I rinsed of the anti-puff and applied some of the Garnier anti-wrinkle moisturizer to get rid of the drying wrinkles.

I also applied the Anti-puff to my puffy checks right above my frown lines. The salty chips had really made that area puffy. So I figured it couldn't hurt to try.

After about another 45 minutes, since the wrinkles went down and seemed sufficiently moisturized, I rinsed that off and decided to play with the Anti-puff roller again. I applied a thick coat again and patted it in. Top and bottom. And also more above the frown lines.

4 hours later: The puffiness was almost completely gone. :eek: What was really incredible to me was that the hooding I was getting over my eyes that I thought was sagging & droopy skin was actually PUFFY skin. For the first time in ages that puffy/saggy top upper eye area was GONE!!! :dance3: I actually looked awake and a bit younger, for the first time in ages. The droopy corner was tightened up quite a bit. :thumbsup2 The frown lines were less noticable. :cool1: :woohoo:

It's not a cure all. There still is a bit of puff under the eye (maybe a wrinkle :( ) that won't go completely away. But, the area is so much flatter and better than before. Doing it again on Day Two and I'm still looking great. :thumbsup2

I have NOT tried putting moisturizer on top of it. It is sticky, since I put a lot on. I'm also too afraid my skin would break out. So I've been alternating the anti-puff for a few hours, washing it off, then moisturizer alone.

For my cheeks, I'm thinking of getting the Garnier Ultra-Lift Pro Wrinkle Roller for the frown lines the next time there is a sale at Rite Aid. Walgreens doesn't have the 100% makeup guarantee that Rite Aid has, so I would have been screwed if the Anti-puff Roller didn't work. At least, at Rite Aid, if I don't like a product I can return any item and get my money back. :thumbsup2

I tried the Garnier Skin Renew Anti-Puff Eye Roller yesterday and I LOVE it! :love: It was the perfect time to try it. I had worked a double for two days, plus got no sleep and ate a salty bag of chips. My eyes were pufferoos. :scared1:

They had been puffy for a while and I've been wanting to get something. Walgreens had a Garnier sale last week. I actually forgot to check the MakeupAlley.com reviews and I'm glad I did. I actually like the Garnier moisturizers. So it didn't occur to me to check the reviews. The Skin Renew is my normal moisturizer as it really does even out my skin tone and minimize my sunspots. It's the ONLY moisturizer that is not too thick, and does not make me break out or get all those tiny white milia bumps the way Oil of Olay or Loreal products do.

I also use a tiny dab of the Garnier anti-wrinkle moisturizer as an under eye cream as it has an SPF sunblock, whereas most eye creams/lotions don't. Not sure why not, since that's such an important area. :confused3 It's also not as thick as real eye creams and lotions are. Again, I get white milia bumps if something is too thick.

So I tried the Anti-puff Roller. There is a learning curve and some experimenting to be done. According to the MakeupAlley.com reviews, it worked best when people rolled it on quite a few times and did multiple applications.

So I did that. I applied it to clean skin. Instead of the 1-2 swipes the directions say, I literally painted it on about 6-7 times. I really saturated the under-eye area with the gel. What I found that is really important is to follow the directions to take my finger and PAT IT INTO THE SKIN. I strongly suspect that the majority of the bad reviews were because people just rolled it on a couple times and that was it.

It has to be PATTED into the skin until it's absorbed deeply into the puffy layers. (I strongly suspect that what ever is in it is actually an anti-inflammatory ingredient that shrinks down puffy cells.) I let it sit for about 15 minutes while I had my morning coffee. I could see it had already firmed my under-eye area a bit, so I rolled on some more and patted it in. I also did a little bit on the upper eye area. That had started getting hooded over the last year as my skin started to sag and the corners of my eyes have started to droop.

I had the day off and was home. About an hour later, I noticed it really seemed to work. :eek: The puffiness really went down. But the under-eye area was getting dried out now. So I rinsed of the anti-puff and applied some of the Garnier anti-wrinkle moisturizer to get rid of the drying wrinkles.

I also applied it to my puffy checks right above my frown lines. The salty chips had really made that area puffy. So I figured it couldn't hurt to try.

After about another 45 minutes, since the wrinkles went down and seemed sufficiently moisturized, I rinsed that off and decided to play with the anti-puff roller again. I applied a thick coat again and patted it in. Top and bottom. And also more on the frown lines.

4 hours later: The puffiness was almost completely gone. :eek: What was really incredible to me was that the hooding I was getting over my eyes that I thought was sagging & droopy skin was actually PUFFY skin. For the first time in ages that puffy/saggy top upper eye area was GONE!!! :dance3: I actually looked awake and a bit younger, for the first time in ages. The droopy corner was tightened up quite a bit. :thumbsup2 The frown lines were less noticable. :cool1: :woohoo:

It's not a cure all. There still is a bit of puff under the eye (maybe a wrinkle :( ) that won't go completely away. But, the area is so much flatter and better than before. Doing it again on Day Two and I'm still looking great. :thumbsup2

I have NOT tried putting moisturizer on top of it. It is sticky, since I put a lot on. I'm also too afraid my skin would break out. So I've been alternating the anti-puff for a few hours, washing it off, then moisturizer alone.

For my cheeks, I'm thinking of getting the Garnier Ultra-Lift Pro Wrinkle Roller for the frown lines the next time there is a sale at Rite Aid. Walgreens doesn't have the 100% makeup guarantee that Rite Aid has, so I would have been screwed if the Anti-puff Roller didn't work. At least, at Rite Aid, if I don't like a product I can return any item and get my money back. :thumbsup2

Awesome - thank you for the review. :thumbsup2 I've been eyeballing that thing.

I think it's funny (sad) that salty food will now puff us up. Just a few years ago, I was fine... now if I eat - let's say Chinese food - the next morning I wake up looking like Rocky Balboa after a fight. It's weird.

I've been on a sort of make-up hiatus over the summer. My usual routine is to kick off the weekend with some shopping on Friday and Saturday but we've been going to the lake instead so my makeup supply has been horribly neglected. But I think I'm going to remedy that today although I have no idea what I'm going to get. Maybe some new eyshadows, I've been in an eyeshadow rut lately. 98 eyeshadows???? I'm jealous!

Oh, and I have to give an update on my lashes. I've been using Latisse now and my previously thin, skimpy, barely-there lashes are beautiful!! The first month or so I saw a definite increase in length but not much difference in fullness. They even started looking straggly there for awhile because they were getting long, but not thickening up. I was a bit concerned that all I was going to get was the additional length. However, within the past month or so they have really filled out and now they are so long, thick, and glamorous. I cannot sing the praises of this product enough. Mascara application is so quick and easy now, maybe 5 mintues top and bottom vs ahem....well...a looonnng time. I no longer need to apply primer and mascaras that I'd previously put in my discard drawer as useless work wonderfully now. LOVE IT!!!

Dumb question and one I wish I had asked my dermatologist...why can't Latisse be used on the hair on your head? It sounds so good I just figure it should work on that too. Has anyone tried LiLash? That is supposed to work too with not prescription.

I also applied the Anti-puff to my puffy checks right above my frown lines. The salty chips had really made that area puffy. So I figured it couldn't hurt to try.

After about another 45 minutes, since the wrinkles went down and seemed sufficiently moisturized, I rinsed that off and decided to play with the Anti-puff roller again. I applied a thick coat again and patted it in. Top and bottom. And also more above the frown lines.

Damn, I went on a cleaning binge and threw mine away because I did not think it worked! Figures the one thing I dump and I should have kept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter