• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The MAGIC is Back!!! ~ WBTA 2014 ~ Come & join the fun!

What is your favourite name for the cruise?

• The MAGIC is Back! ~ WBTA 2014

• From Sangrias to Pina Colada's ~ WBTA 2014

• Cruisin la Vida Loca ~ WBTA 2014

• WBTA 2014 ~ We're Bringin' the Adventure

• We're Back in the Atlantic 2014 (WBTA)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Roll call is done up to here.

(Please ignore me...i am just talking to myself!) :crazy2:

Roll call is done up to here.

(Please ignore me...i am just talking to myself!) :crazy2:

Hey Claire- let me get you some names for our cabins! I'm listing the kids' ages based on what they will be at the time of the cruise.

1- Ginamarie, Josh (DH), and our children Olivia (8), Salvatore (5) and Owen (3)
2- Rosemarie (my mom), Marie (my grandma), and my siblings Gillian (adult), Giuliette (16) and Grant (11)
3- George (DBro), Dawn-Marie (SIL) and my nephew Salvatore (3)

I have to start researching how we're going to get to Europe, etc. I know that we used Aer Lingus the last time (EBTA) and I liked them as an airline plus the baggage fees weren't bad. I don't think we will have enough time/money to stop in DLP first (though that would be my preference), but will definitely want to get to Barcelona a day or two prior to the cruise, because I have horrible nightmares of missing the ship. For the prior WBTA cruisers, is there a good option for a hotel near the pier? When we did Alaska in 2011, there were a few hotels in walking distance of the pier, which was nice, especially since we are a big group and need several taxis otherwise.

:banana::banana: So Excited:banana::banana:

Claire

We're all booked, can you add us to the roll call

Paul, Michelle (DW) & Finn (DS, who'll be 3 at the time of travel)

Many thanks

Yesterday, within hours of disembarking a cruise ship (14-nt Hawaii), we booked this cruise.

I've read through this cruise thread and recognize many fellow cruisers, particularly from the 2010 WBTA.

Please add us to the roll call: Woody & Anne from Los Angeles.

Woody

:wave: :wave:

Hi everybody, so glad to see the usual suspects are all booked :cool1::cool1:

Thanks Claire for adding us to the roll call.

Just thought I would have a quick peek at the thread and we are at 10 pages already ..... I don't think we are excited at all :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Ha ha - even if I have to book the closet in the engine room, I am going! :rotfl2: Although I am hoping for slightly better than that.

Hope we don't have to wipe the grease from the engine off.

My fantasy would be to fly into Paris, do DL- Paris, then train to Barcelona..
We are looking at this as well. Delayed 25th anniversary plus have to prectice my French it has been so long since I was there in 1986.

I do know, he is a loveable cheeky boy though. :goodvibes

WHat id the closest american phrase equivalent to cheeky? Fresh, smart aleck? It sounds like a positive thing, but I am a bit unsure.

OK, how about a DIS charter/group booking to accomplish this? Would probably work for us:thumbsup2

I could be onboard for this

I have to start researching how we're going to get to Europe, etc. I know that we used Aer Lingus the last time (EBTA) and I liked them as an airline plus the baggage fees weren't bad. I don't think we will have enough time/money to stop in DLP first (though that would be my preference), but will definitely want to get to Barcelona a day or two prior to the cruise, because I have horrible nightmares of missing the ship. For the prior WBTA cruisers, is there a good option for a hotel near the pier? When we did Alaska in 2011, there were a few hotels in walking distance of the pier, which was nice, especially since we are a big group and need several taxis otherwise.

I also have to start the research. SO far it is cheaper to fly to Paris then to Barcelona then just to Barcelona from Seattle. Thankfully we have time to figure it out.

Skye

Hello!!! We just booked the WBTA!!! WE CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Travelling on the Magic will be:

Danielle
Proby - DH
Sabrina - DD - will be 23 months at the time of cruising

Proby and I share the same birthday - September 9th - he is one year older and we can't wait to celebrate on the cruise!!!

Is it too early to start working on fish extender gifts??

Hey Claire- let me get you some names for our cabins! I'm listing the kids' ages based on what they will be at the time of the cruise.

1- Ginamarie, Josh (DH), and our children Olivia (8), Salvatore (5) and Owen (3)
2- Rosemarie (my mom), Marie (my grandma), and my siblings Gillian (adult), Giuliette (16) and Grant (11)
3- George (DBro), Dawn-Marie (SIL) and my nephew Salvatore (3)

I guess it depends on what you consider walking distance. Our hotel was on the train line so we walked from the closest train stop to the port and it was a bit of a hike, I probably wouldn't recommend it for those with young children. The Port is sooo huge that it has its own little bus system to get you to the ships, and the bus was over-crowded, like on a Disney bus when the Parks have just closed. My advice would be to pay for a taxi or hire a mini bus type thing.

WELCOME to all who have booked today, I have added you all to the roll call. :thumbsup2

Thanks! :thumbsup2

:banana::banana: So Excited:banana::banana:

Claire

We're all booked, can you add us to the roll call

Paul, Michelle (DW) & Finn (DS, who'll be 3 at the time of travel)

Many thanks

Great to see you guys back on board, can't wait to see how much Finn will have changed! He is so big in your FB pics now!

I think a few people have already started.....so no! :rotfl:

Late updating our info but we're booked! 6150 (our #7 choice but we're on board!).

So many familiar names on here!

Yesterday, within hours of disembarking a cruise ship (14-nt Hawaii), we booked this cruise.

I've read through this cruise thread and recognize many fellow cruisers, particularly from the 2010 WBTA.

Please add us to the roll call: Woody & Anne from Los Angeles.

Woody

Good to see you and Anne are going to join us again. Would love to do lunch with you both again!

I am booked!!!:cool1::cool1::banana::banana:

Was super super excited when DCL made the announcement. I have wanted to do this cruise for a while. Just got off the Magic almost 3 weeks ago after an amazing cruise, but really excited to see what she will look like after the refurb!!

Starting my countdown now....it's only what, a year and a half. No big deal:rotfl2:

As well, for roll call, can you add me? I'm Jenn. Travelling with just me:goodvibes Got a room on deck 6, #6611

Welcome.....another North Carolina family! We are from Louisburg, NC! Look forward to chatting with you! :goodvibes

Hello!!! We just booked the WBTA!!! WE CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Travelling on the Magic will be:

Danielle
Proby - DH
Sabrina - DD - will be 23 months at the time of cruising

Proby and I share the same birthday - September 9th - he is one year older and we can't wait to celebrate on the cruise!!!

poohluv2u said:
I guess it depends on what you consider walking distance. Our hotel was on the train line so we walked from the closest train stop to the port and it was a bit of a hike, I probably wouldn't recommend it for those with young children. The Port is sooo huge that it has its own little bus system to get you to the ships, and the bus was over-crowded, like on a Disney bus when the Parks have just closed. My advice would be to pay for a taxi or hire a mini bus type thing.

Thanks! I barely remember the Barcelona port since we only saw it briefly before getting on the DCL bus to the airport. Plus we were in a daze for being so sad to go home!

I will need to research for sure. From last time, I remember minibus transportation wasn't easy to find and it cost a small fortune. We did this to gt back and forth from airports in London post-cruise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter