The Internalized Cheeseburger... by Dr. Atkins

Robinrs

DIS Veteran
I just saw the last recorded interview with Dr. Atkins on the Today show and he made a joke about what he calls the "internalized cheeseburger". He described it as a cheeseburger cut in half with the cheese in the middle.

The funny thing is I posted my George Forman recipe which was just like that!!

I would say GMTA but I'm hardly in his ballpark!

BTW, he did NOT look obese and this interview was only a couple of weeks before his death.

Somehow between the day he fell weighing 195 and the day Dr. Atkins was autopsied supposedly weighing 258, he gained over 60 pounds? I think the whole story about that is hogwash.

I saw your recipe for a cheeseburger and it sounded yummy!

I don't know how well a Breakfast Jack would work on the George but when we're in Texas or Arizona (why don't they have Jack in the Box in Michigan?) we order the Breakfast Jack and ask them to put the cheese between the egg and ham, that way it doesn't stick to the bun.

You could try this at home for Michael. Fry an egg hard, top with slice of cheese and then top with a hot, thin slice of ham. It is really yummy.

Somehow between the day he fell weighing 195 and the day Dr. Atkins was autopsied supposedly weighing 258, he gained over 60 pounds? I think the whole story about that is hogwash.

It is very common to gain water weight as the body's organs are shutting down. I'm sure he was on an IV, and as his kidneys shut down they could not remove the fluid from his body. It was also this excess fluid on his heart along with damage to the heart from a virus that caused his heart attack. I can't get that through peoples heads. Many keep telling me "oh that diet is so dangerous that Dr Atkins died of a heart attack"

I really think as long as this diet is a major hit on the credibility of the USDA and the medical profession, not to mention a ratings bonanza for any news show that features it, there will be a way to discredit it.

There was some good info on how he gained this water weight ,while in the hospital, on the Atkins web site. His wife wrote a few articles. They were interesting.

My aunt who's been trying to get me to buy this weight loss product she's been selling called me last week to inform me of how Dr. Atkins died of heart disease and was obese.:rolleyes: Frankly I'm getting pretty sick of people who are misinformed try to convince me to get off Atkins. I politely smile and tell them my doctor fully supports me with this lifestyle change and knows all about the program. In fact, he gave the green light for the manager of our onsite restaurant at work to offer low carb meals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter