The I Love BWV (yes, Hallways and Clown Pool too!) Thread

The main issue for an ECV is distance to an elevator. There is only one set of elevators for BWV, somewhat close to the lobby, and thus the further the room is from the lobby the longer the distance to an elevator and that can be quite a long distance for many rooms.
Actually an ECV or power wheelchair makes the distance a non-issue. Issues with walking or manual wheelchairs or even strollers it can be an issue depending on the situation.

Headed back to BWV’s next week! :yay: Haven’t stayed there for a while. I am sure the drip coffee makers are still standard, but has anyone successfully requested a Keurig from mousekeeping? I have a single Keurig in our owners locker, but there is almost always an issue with it lol.

Headed back to BWV’s next week! :yay: Haven’t stayed there for a while. I am sure the drip coffee makers are still standard, but has anyone successfully requested a Keurig from mousekeeping? I have a single Keurig in our owners locker, but there is almost always an issue with it lol.
Have a great time!

Thanks for all the help everyone! We are only there two days so I think I would rather ask for the fun people-watching Village Green view, than the quiet view. I will ask for a high floor and maybe that will help with the noise a little. If I want a normal open balcony, is there anything I should include in my request, or is that not necessary in that area?

Thanks for all the help everyone! We are only there two days so I think I would rather ask for the fun people-watching Village Green view, than the quiet view. I will ask for a high floor and maybe that will help with the noise a little. If I want a normal open balcony, is there anything I should include in my request, or is that not necessary in that area?
It is the request for high floor that is important. Avoiding second floor (the first floor that has rooms in the Village Green area) Is key. The Village Green area studios all have open balconies, but from the ones on the second floor over Wyland Galaries, you get no view and no sun because in the front part of Galaries, arches over the Galaries rise up over the second floor and block the views from those rooms.

Thank you, drusba! I requested a room in the area of 5053 to 5061 or 4053 to 4061, high floor. Do you think I should call back and add that I definitely do not want 2nd floor?

Thank you, drusba! I requested a room in the area of 5053 to 5061 or 4053 to 4061, high floor. Do you think I should call back and add that I definitely do not want 2nd floor?
I would not put in what you do not want because of the risk of the person who is assigning rooms and looking at requests may check it too quickly and believe you are actually requesting such a room

For someone that is there now or just returned, what kiosks are left on the Boardwalk? There used to be one that had simple meals available (hotdogs, chicken fingers etc).

For someone that is there now or just returned, what kiosks are left on the Boardwalk? There used to be one that had simple meals available (hotdogs, chicken fingers etc).
I think that was Boardwalk To Go. But alas I'm not there so I can't tell you if it's open.

I think that was Boardwalk To Go. But alas I'm not there so I can't tell you if it's open.
That was closed down when we were there in late Jan/early Feb. I think it had closed not too long before that.

I'm here now. That kiosk is closed. The only kiosk is the margarita one. They have pretzels and nachos. Have to walk to Yacht or Beach club for a simple meal now

I'm here now. That kiosk is closed. The only kiosk is the margarita one. They have pretzels and nachos. Have to walk to Yacht or Beach club for a simple meal now
Sad that the fast food kiosk is gone. We did think that the deli (former bakery) food was okay for a quick bite.

Yes, but they close at 10pm. There is window is open until 11 on weekends, but they often run out of time slots way before that. After 10, your only option is to go to the other side of the lake... 😔

Any particular reason rooms are so scare at BWVs at the moment? I know it’s always a popular resort, but usually I can always find something. Is it because of the refurb (shortage of available rooms) or just overall scarcity within DVC at the moment. Apologies if it’s something obvious and I just missed it.

Any particular reason rooms are so scare at BWVs at the moment? I know it’s always a popular resort, but usually I can always find something. Is it because of the refurb (shortage of available rooms) or just overall scarcity within DVC at the moment. Apologies if it’s something obvious and I just missed it.
Are you talking scarcity for today, the fall or 2024?

It has been speculated that many rooms are being pulled from inventory for refurbishment starting in September I think

Are you talking scarcity for today, the fall or 2024?

It has been speculated that many rooms are being pulled from inventory for refurbishment starting in September I think

Just looking in the next several months. Usually there are a handful of dates here and there. As of now, there is practically nothing.

We have returned from our two-night Boardwalk stay (rest of trip was cash stay at CBR since we just bought DVC a few months ago but were extremely lucky to score our first two nights at BWV). Thank you so much to everyone who helped me make a room request! We got kind of what we asked for (Village Green view, high floor) and got Village Green 3rd floor with the massive balcony and we LOVED it! The view was wonderful, and we have fallen in love with the resort!

We have returned from our two-night Boardwalk stay (rest of trip was cash stay at CBR since we just bought DVC a few months ago but were extremely lucky to score our first two nights at BWV). Thank you so much to everyone who helped me make a room request! We got kind of what we asked for (Village Green view, high floor) and got Village Green 3rd floor with the massive balcony and we LOVED it! The view was wonderful, and we have fallen in love with the resort!
Those village green rooms are awesome. And happy that your new DVCer stay was a good one. Welcome Home!

facebook twitter