The I Love BWV (yes, Hallways and Clown Pool too!) Thread

We had room 3136 Sunday night (before Labor Day) and that is the very last room on the 3rd floor. If we jumped off the balcony we could have ridden a Tower of Terror! We did watch the Star Wars Fireworks from the Hallway Window. Would it have killed them to cut an opening on the balcony!

The bad part of being in the last room is it is the first room they start to clean. Apparently, the housekeeping staff doesn't understand what "Privacy Please" tags means or what the intended purpose.

Oh......one other thing.......how about delivering pizza from the Pizza Window?

Love the 3rd floor, allows us to use the stairs most of the time. Have been wondering if we could see Star Wars Fireworks from any balcony and thinking we may have to request a higher floor in order to see. Had thought that any balcony looking at the Tower of Terror would have good view of fireworks - any thoughts ?

Anyone regret getting boardwalk instead of beach club? Debating between the two.
nope - we own both BWV & BCV (& SSR), & added more BWV points about a year ago. BWV's amazing views & quiet interiors (as well as the BW entertainment, community hall, bakery) are important to us, so use ALL our BWV (& SSR :goodvibes ) points, & rent out the BCV points.

Greetings & Felicitations DISers! We're delighted to have our very first stay at BWV for the Easter/Star Wars Celebration break. By the way, Happy Star Trek Anniversary to the Trekkies out there. pixiedust: (magical transporter beam)

We have two questions for the experienced BWV guests: We plan for our 1 bedroom to be a gathering point for friends to have a refreshing beverage and attend the parks together as a group.
1) Will our friends be able to simply come to the room (i.e.; knock on the door), or is there a gate/key mechanism to permit entry into the hallways?
2) Is the community hall a good place for "hang out" with friends? The hall at Kidani Village seemed too small to relax/hang out.

To preempt the pool-hopping concerns, we're not planning on allowing friends to use the pool. We're just looking to have a central location to gather before/after parks attendance. :lovestruc

Greetings & Felicitations DISers! We're delighted to have our very first stay at BWV for the Easter/Star Wars Celebration break. By the way, Happy Star Trek Anniversary to the Trekkies out there. pixiedust: (magical transporter beam)

We have two questions for the experienced BWV guests: We plan for our 1 bedroom to be a gathering point for friends to have a refreshing beverage and attend the parks together as a group.
1) Will our friends be able to simply come to the room (i.e.; knock on the door), or is there a gate/key mechanism to permit entry into the hallways?
2) Is the community hall a good place for "hang out" with friends? The hall at Kidani Village seemed too small to relax/hang out.

To preempt the pool-hopping concerns, we're not planning on allowing friends to use the pool. We're just looking to have a central location to gather before/after parks attendance. :lovestruc
1) Friends can come and go. If they are driving in they will have to tell the guard the are there to visit you.
2) The community room is nice to hang out with your kids. Belle Vue Lounge is very nice. Atlantic Dance Hall if you have a large group.

Enjoy

It sure seems like it is getting harder and harder each year to book our stays. More people walking dates and forget anything less than 7 months. While mathematically it works out as long as all resorts are 97 percent full, with so many others wanting our home resort, the demand is very high and seems BWV stay 100 percent nearly year round. While we are fortunate to know at least 11 months out for most of our stays, we do occasionally find we can stop on our way through for a few nights here or there, but with only 2 or 3 months notice. Studios are never available and 1 bedroom generally don't have all nights.

Sure wish we didn't like BWV so much so it would not feel like such a let down when we stay at other resorts.

Agreed. It’s become imperative to book 11 months out at Boardwalk. Even so for my upcoming November trip I couldn’t get a studio. That was at 9 months out. Took a one bedroom instead. I miss it when we stay elsewhere, even though AKV is our second fav and our other home resort. We just stayed at SSR in a 3 bedroom grand villa.....took the whole family. Really wanted BW and couldn’t get it. I booked at just under 11 months and the Grand villas were already taken. So for the next two trips I booked as as early as possible and got 1 bedrooms at BW. Just need to be there again.

Is it that bad just for standard view or for all views? I know standard view has been bad for a while.

Is it that bad just for standard view or for all views? I know standard view has been bad for a while.

In my experience the higher point rooms have been the last to go, thereby more availability at less then 11 months. But not the studios. They go fast no matter what the view. I don’t have good luck getting studios at too much less than 11 months. Again, just my experience.

In my experience the higher point rooms have been the last to go, thereby more availability at less then 11 months. But not the studios. They go fast no matter what the view. I don’t have good luck getting studios at too much less than 11 months. Again, just my experience.
I agree.

I'm book at a BWV standard studio. What would be my best request if I don't want to be at the end of a long hall towards the entrance? By the elevator or lobby?

I'm book at a BWV standard studio. What would be my best request if I don't want to be at the end of a long hall towards the entrance? By the elevator or lobby?

Both of those requests would essentially be for the same area since the elevators are just off the lobby so just a toss up for which you want to have them put down. You could ask them to put both down so it's reinforced to keep you in that area if possible.

In almost 19 years, I’ve yet to get a room request met. Good luck with yours. Hope you get it.
I know the feeling, Upper floor near elevator request and I get 1st floor room furthest away from the elevator. Not just once but twice. Also telling them I'm getting there at 7 am but room not ready till 4:30. I know they don't have to be ready and I they can't fill requests. But I have never been disappointed at other DVC resorts.

I have decided not to put any requests on the rooms anymore and just see what happens. Both at BWV or AKV - I rarely get a request met at AKV either.

We requested near elevator once, received a handicap accessible room, won't do that again. It was the second room down the first hallway which was great location for coming and going however the bathroom was pretty beat up, this was after refurb. Our favorite location is 2nd or 3rd floor about 3/4 of the way down the hallway running along the Boardwalk. We use the back stairway to get down to the walkway to HS or Swan/Dolphin and the stairway 1/2 way down the hall to the Boardwalk and walk to EP. That said, we love all rooms at BWV better than being somewhere else. We also never feel like we are walking as far as we seem to have to walk at either AKV.

I know that you don't want to be at the end of a long hallway, but the std. view villas at BWV are very close to the RAC area where luggage is being delivered from DME or sent out via airline check in. I've found those rooms to be very noisy, especially in the morning, to the point where it isn't relaxing to be on the balcony. I've always requested "far from elevator" when I book std. view and I have never been disappointed with the location.

Excited for our first stay at BWV in early May!! (Finally made it off the,wait list!). Traveling with my husband, after a stressful year of medical issues. First year empty nesters. We've never been to Boardwalk area (other than running thru during runDisney races) and have been reading thru this thread and others for ideas. This will be our first time at WDW without kids so we're planning on a more relaxed, less kamikazee-style visit. ADRs, FP reservations made, and 2 evenings left free of dinner plans in case we'd like to wander BW, or Epcot flower festival. Any suggestions for fun things to do? (Note: DH is,a recent amputee and not yet ready for a prosthetic so will have an ECV. So that rules out any water parks for us...). TIA!

Ok, so lets excuse our dozens of pre 2010 trips, however since BWV became home we have still never been to Jellyroll. October before last we had it in our plans and low and behold it was closed the evening we had planned for a private party. This May, no excuses, we will make sure it Si a must do even though the trip came together after BWV was unavailable and we will be spilt elsewhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!