The I Love BWV (yes, Hallways and Clown Pool too!) Thread

I was able to switch our reservations from pool view to standard which was great for adding one more night. But now I am a little nervous about how far from everything we will be. Are we going to be walking forever to get to the lobby or the boardwalk? Silly me thought I had a standard view last time we were there (and got a really good view of the village green I think it is called). Haha! When I went back and looked I realized I had booked preferred. I wouldn't change it since this gave us the extra night at akl, and I am now out of points, I just want to know what to be prepared for. We are not adverse to walking. We are at Disney after all, but our last time there we were spoiled being next to the elevator, so I just want to be mentally prepared for what is coming :)

We love Boardwalk and the kids think the pool has the best slide ever!!!

We have a garden/pool view studio for a few weeks from now. Just wondering about requests. I saw mentioned that Village green view is good to ask for. Should I request a certain floor or high floor? Just trying to avoid super long hallway walks but get something decent to look at. Are any of those rooms renovated yet do we know?

Here on a Sat. Morn I sit, coffee in hand and cant contain the excitement! Countdown is on...47 days until BWV stayparty:

That's exactly the area I want and request! :laughing: More than once it's elicited a chuckle from MS and the comment that they don't get that request too often. :goodvibes
Same here! Does anyone happen to know if that area has been renovated yet? I will gladly take that area either way, just wondering.
Thanks

Love this thread.

We are AKV and VGF owners and have stayed many times on the monorail or AKV but never the EPCOT resorts.

I initially booked BCV for our Easter 2016 trip due to Stormalong bay. But started second guessing myself as I read a lot about the condition of the villas and the need for a refurb and the fact the refurb might actually be happening during our stay. I showed a Youtube video of Stormalong Bay to my 12 year old son and he was a bit Meh but he loved the one of the Clown pool so we have switched to 5 nights in a Boardwalk view 1 bedroom. I'm really looking froward to it. Only downside is Flying fish is closed for our trip.

We stayed in a refurbed 2 bedroom at BWV in June.....5th floor standard view. Occasionally heard workers nearby in other rooms.......hammers etc.

With the refurbishment, has anyone seen or heard of any outside work that would obstruct the view from the balcony? (We have a BW view booked and just got a call from resort ops and we're a little worried now)

With the refurbishment, has anyone seen or heard of any outside work that would obstruct the view from the balcony? (We have a BW view booked and just got a call from resort ops and we're a little worried now)
All info about the refurb has been rooms only, as far as I know, nothing to the grounds like at the Poly!

Thanks psac!

I got the call from Resort Ops about moving me from my beloved Boardwalk View next week.

Does any one have a picture - or explain the drawer space in a renovated BW standard view studio ?

After reading a lot of this thread I am excited! We were originally booked at BCV but I switched us last night after reading how a lot of the rooms are in poor condition. So now I'm trying to research what room requests to make for BWV. We have a 2 BR pool/garden view right now and I think I'm going to wait list a boardwalk view. What requests should I make for each room type, just in case? We like a great view, convenience and not a lot of noise. Thank you!!

Last edited:
We will be staying at BWV for the first time in March 2016. After reading a lot of this thread I am excited! We were originally booked at BCV but I switched us last night after reading how a lot of the rooms are in poor condition. So now I'm trying to research what room requests to make for BWV. We have a 2 BR pool/garden view right now and I think I'm going to wait list a boardwalk view. What requests should I make for each room type, just in case? We like a great view, convenience and not a lot of noise. Thank you!!

High floor near the elevator should cover both bw and pool views :)

Does any one have a picture - or explain the drawer space in a renovated BW standard view studio ?

DVCNews has a picture of the new dresser that was added in the studios:

b_800_600_0_10_images_stories_bwv_BWV_20150604c.jpg

And here's a link to their story and additional pictures:

http://dvcnews.com/index.php/resort...s-99629/2970-closer-look-at-bwv-refurbishment

We'll be checking in to BWV's on Sat for a 12 night stay. Completed online check in with room requests being close to the lobby and elevator. We were in that location last yr and it worked perfect for us. Anyone know what the refurbishment looks like for this area? What floors are completed?

That a whole floor of BW view units is out of service and they made me an offer to switch to garden pool vi
What did they say?

They were taking a whole floor of BW view rooms out of service and that the rehab is a month behind. We took the offer they made us, but will miss our BW view. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter