The Genie Usage, Tips and Strategy ONLY Thread

Sorry my question is confusing. If I am on site and want to buy a single day of Genie+ can I buy it the morning of at say 6:00 AM or do I have to wait until 7:00 AM to purchase? I know I can't use until theme park opening. But I didn't want to waste the beginning of my booking window on making the purchase.
You can buy G+ starting at midnight any day you want to use it.

Sorry my question is confusing. If I am on site and want to buy a single day of Genie+ can I buy it the morning of at say 6:00 AM or do I have to wait until 7:00 AM to purchase? I know I can't use until theme park opening. But I didn't want to waste the beginning of my booking window on making the purchase.
Yes, you can buy it before 7 am.

I know Rise times go quickly but I don’t think it has yet sold out before park open. Someone feel free to correct me.

I know Rise times go quickly but I don’t think it has yet sold out before park open. Someone feel free to correct me.

I don't think so either. I think it has sold out very close to park open though, like maybe 15-30 minutes after 9am.

Has anyone seen any evidence of them holding/not holding Rise ILL until the park opens? I know holding was seen first day and not holding was seen 2nd day (I think).

You can also book your first Genie+ pass at 9 am (ride by 9:15 am, book 915; ride by 9:30 and book next one etc) and keep rolling it until 11 am. At 11 am you get your first 2-3 pm pass. then no riding 11 am -1 pm (2 hour cooling period-eat lunch/snacks/parades/ride standby). At 1 pm book second pass 2:30-4 pm (2nd cool off period is not a full 2 hours because you have a pass 2-3pm, but will loose stacking).

Personally I would book my first evening pass when I leave the park for a mid day break. So at 1 pm book 4-5pm and then head out the park; if I look again at 3 pm (2 hr cooling can start at 1, 1:30 whenever you book the evening pass) I may book another 4:30 or 5 pm pass.
This is exactly our plan. We make out better this way than by starting a stack with the first ride of the day (based on what we’re seeing for return times). I fiddled with it both ways and doing the 2 hour cool down over lunch nets more ride and more g+

If you mean have they been holding back more entries to make available at 9AM for non-resort guests, the answer is they appear to have stopped doing that after the first day or two and are no longer doing that.

For the person inquiring about trying to get SDD and Rise before morning, if you don't have two separate people going in I would prioritize SDD first and then Rise. SDD slots move out faster. Rise tends to have more available in the morning longer because people can select their return times throughout the day while people trying to get SDD are all going to start in the AM and then push out from there.

Based on what we've seen, you should still be able to get a morning Rise after you have procured your SDD. Of course, things may always change depending on crowd levels and adoption. I suspect the major touring plan and wait time sites will start publishing some heat map type info for return times and priorities as they gather more info. I would monitor them as you get closer to your trip.

I think that is exactly why so many people settled on it. Its probably more accurate to be IALL (Individual Attraction Lightning Lane) but everyone decided ILL was better.
Disney actually calls it Individual Lightning Lane which is why people latched on to the ILL abbreviation. Even in the app they are referred to as Individual Lightning Lane.

If anyone could help with my question I would be very grateful. We are taking a last minute trip, just one night at Beach Club and two park days, this Sunday (Halloween) and Monday. We are annual passholders but I was not expecting the trip and as such am overwhelmed by trying to figure things out.

Day 1 we plan on rope dropping with the 30 minutes early arrival at Hollywood Studios, long break at Beach Club, then Epcot in the evening. We would ideally get a Lighting Lane for RotR and Genie+.

My question is how hard will it be if we are on promptly at 7AM to get a RotR LL before noon then a SDD Genie+ before noon? Is that basically impossible to get both? I can't seem to figure out a way to purchase Genie+ in advance, it says we have to do it later. The RotR LL is higher priority to us than SDD.

Day 2 we are going to Animal Kingdom and we are iffy on using Genie+ there.
I would book your SDD Genie+ first (pay $15 before 7 am competing against on-site+offsite ) as ROTR has availability for a few hours (offsite can’t book until park opens)

If I were a betting man (which I am) id put money on Tron being the 3rd ILL and there not being a drop of Space...

If I were a betting man (which I'm not) I'd have to agree with you. While we complain and complain about G+ and ILL$, when it's all said and done we will continue to pay and pay and pay and pay. Disney will see us minions spending away and will just keep on adding more and more ILLS with time. Not until they see the revenue stream diminish, they have no reason not to continue finding new ways to extract the $$$$$ from our wallets and purses.

I’ve been paying attention to this as I prepare for a trip in a couple,of weeks. Rise and Slinky both go quickly but they haven‘t been completely gone before 9 on any of the days I’ve looked.

if you just want something at any time you should be able to get something, but if you want something in the morning you have to have pretty quick fingers at 7 AM.

I’ve been paying attention to this as I prepare for a trip in a couple,of weeks. Rise and Slinky both go quickly but they haven‘t been completely gone before 9 on any of the days I’ve looked.

if you just want something at any time you should be able to get something, but if you want something in the morning you have to have pretty quick fingers at 7 AM.
It has. I saw a video where ROTR sold out at 8:59

Edit: Just learned this: Disney changed the procedure 3 days in so there are different buckets because there was nothing left for offsite guests

On Day 3 of Genie, Disney Changes Protocol for Rise of the Resistance Lightning Lane Availability

https://blogmickey.com/2021/10/on-d...f-the-resistance-lightning-lane-availability/

Last edited:
If anyone could help with my question I would be very grateful. We are taking a last minute trip, just one night at Beach Club and two park days, this Sunday (Halloween) and Monday. We are annual passholders but I was not expecting the trip and as such am overwhelmed by trying to figure things out.

Day 1 we plan on rope dropping with the 30 minutes early arrival at Hollywood Studios, long break at Beach Club, then Epcot in the evening. We would ideally get a Lighting Lane for RotR and Genie+.

My question is how hard will it be if we are on promptly at 7AM to get a RotR LL before noon then a SDD Genie+ before noon? Is that basically impossible to get both? I can't seem to figure out a way to purchase Genie+ in advance, it says we have to do it later. The RotR LL is higher priority to us than SDD.

Day 2 we are going to Animal Kingdom and we are iffy on using Genie+ there.

Jumping on your question as I asked this yesterday and it got lost in the shuffle.

Does anyone know if multiple phones with same account can book simultaneously? EX: at 7am I’m on my phone getting SDD, husband on his phone snagging RoTR.

We are park hopping too and want to get both of these before 2pm.

Jumping on your question as I ask this yesterday and it got lost in the shuffle.

Does anyone know if multiple phones with same account can book simultaneously? EX: at 7am I’m on my phone getting SDD, husband on his phone snagging RoTR.

We are park hopping too and want to get both of these before 2pm.
In theory yes. It probably isn't necessary since you can grab the SDD at 7AM and the Rise slots should still be available in the AM but it should work.

In theory yes. It probably isn't necessary since you can grab the SDD at 7AM and the Rise slots should still be available in the AM but it should work.

My plan was SDD first, then Rise if only I could do it.

But having us both on is our game plan, especially if one of our phones glitches.

ROTR sells out within minutes but there may be inventory dropped later?

View attachment 616656
I believe this is trying to show just the opposite. Resort guests can start reserving at 7AM and no inventory is added at 9Am when non-resort guests can start reserving. Because of that , it is sold out quickly or potentially even before 9AM. All times are available from 7AM onward and if resort guests take them all then non-resort guests are SOL.

When they used to add inventory at 9AM,you would see a screen with availability throughout the day, since they held back some slots to save them for the non-resort guests (and late to the party resort guests).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter