The Genie Usage, Tips and Strategy ONLY Thread

That's a really good question. One clarification, though. You can only purchase the paid LL at 7AM if you are a resort guest. But I've not seen anything yet stating you can't purchase 2 at the same time.
Yes you can purchase both LLiA$ rides and make your first Genie+ and they can overlap

eg SDMT 9-10; Space Mtbn 9:15-10:15; Buzz 9:30-10:30

Just trying to make sure I understand. Will this possible scenario work for a 9am park opening?

7am - Book G+ for Ride A (11:15am-12:15pm)
11am - Book G+ for Ride B (11:30am - 12:30pm)
11:15am - Use Ride A G+ (can I now book another G+ or do I need to use my Ride B G+ first?) If I use my Ride B G+ before I use my Ride A G+, can I immediately book another?
Yes, the first ride’s G+ LL being used will allow you to book another. But you will restart the 2 hour counter for you next stack when you use ride A’s LL. So when you ride B, your G+ time counter will be tied to when ride C’s booking time +2 hours (which is related to when you released ride A).

I traveled with 10 adults a year ago, trust me, split the ADRs and meet up after you eat. It was a nice little break from one another and so much easier. Also just because you have an adr for 15 at 6pm doesn’t mean you won’t be waiting for ages for it. Have a great vacation!
I appreciate that!! Trying to get 16 people to sit down and eat a meal is just not something I look forward to doing.

We don't do ADR's anyways to be honest. We're a "bring a lot of snacks and finger food pick up window" kind of people.

I have a couple of questions. In these examples my reservation will be for MK and hopping to HS.
Q1 - Do I have to be in my reservation park to make a LL reservation? For example can I stay at my offsite resort and book LL at 7am, 11am and 1pm for HS after 2pm?
Q2 - Do I have to enter my reservation park of MK before I can park hop to HS...or can I just enter HS after 2pm.

I have a couple of questions. In these examples my reservation will be for MK and hopping to HS.
Q1 - Do I have to be in my reservation park to make a LL reservation?
No.
For example can I stay at my offsite resort and book LL at 7am, 11am and 1pm for HS after 2pm?
Yes.

Q2 - Do I have to enter my reservation park of MK before I can park hop to HS
Yes.

...or can I just enter HS after 2pm.
No.

Edit: Although if park reservations are still available for HS that day you can always switch your park reservation after doing all of the above.

"Edit: Although if park reservations are still available for HS that day you can always switch your park reservation after doing all of the above."

Do we know for a fact that if you change you park reservation your G+ reservations will remain? If so, that is wonderful news for me.

"Edit: Although if park reservations are still available for HS that day you can always switch your park reservation after doing all of the above."

Do we know for a fact that if you change you park reservation your G+ reservations will remain? If so, that is wonderful news for me.
I think somebody reported that was the case but I am not positive.

If anyone could help with my question I would be very grateful. We are taking a last minute trip, just one night at Beach Club and two park days, this Sunday (Halloween) and Monday. We are annual passholders but I was not expecting the trip and as such am overwhelmed by trying to figure things out.

Day 1 we plan on rope dropping with the 30 minutes early arrival at Hollywood Studios, long break at Beach Club, then Epcot in the evening. We would ideally get a Lighting Lane for RotR and Genie+.

My question is how hard will it be if we are on promptly at 7AM to get a RotR LL before noon then a SDD Genie+ before noon? Is that basically impossible to get both? I can't seem to figure out a way to purchase Genie+ in advance, it says we have to do it later. The RotR LL is higher priority to us than SDD.

Day 2 we are going to Animal Kingdom and we are iffy on using Genie+ there.

If anyone could help with my question I would be very grateful. We are taking a last minute trip, just one night at Beach Club and two park days, this Sunday (Halloween) and Monday. We are annual passholders but I was not expecting the trip and as such am overwhelmed by trying to figure things out.

Day 1 we plan on rope dropping with the 30 minutes early arrival at Hollywood Studios, long break at Beach Club, then Epcot in the evening. We would ideally get a Lighting Lane for RotR and Genie+.

My question is how hard will it be if we are on promptly at 7AM to get a RotR LL before noon then a SDD Genie+ before noon? Is that basically impossible to get both? I can't seem to figure out a way to purchase Genie+ in advance, it says we have to do it later. The RotR LL is higher priority to us than SDD.

I would say, buy the G+ BEFORE 7 am like at 6:45 or something then have two people on phones at 7 with one trying for ROTR and one trying for SDD. The reports have been that Slinky has been going to afternoon times very quickly. Good luck and have fun!

Last edited:
Has anyone seen a good YouTube video of the stacking? I have searched every way I can think of and the vloggers seem to know way less than even I do. One even said you had to be tapped in to use Genie+ unless you stayed onsite.
Has anyone seen a video from someone who “gets it”?

Just to be clear, you can book both at 7 am. LLIA$ for ROTR and Genie+ are separate systems and the passes can overlap

Has anyone seen a good YouTube video of the stacking? I have searched every way I can think of and the vloggers seem to know way less than even I do. One even said you had to be tapped in to use Genie+ unless you stayed onsite.
Has anyone seen a video from someone who “gets it”?
The best was allears (the more recent video), although I think we know more at this point.

Here is the video:

I think somebody reported that was the case but I am not positive.
The next question I would have is does the Genie system "know" or care whether I actually have park hopper capability when deciding to offer me return times at the park I don't have park reservations for, the presumed hopping park? I have an AP and am planning to try this for our arrival day in November, but some of our traveling group only have one-park tickets.

The next question I would have is does the Genie system "know" or care whether I actually have park hopper capability when deciding to offer me return times at the park I don't have park reservations for, the presumed hopping park? I have an AP and am planning to try this for our arrival day in November, but some of our traveling group only have one-park tickets.
I think it would have to know to give you times accordingly (although there is a screen where you set what time you will be at which park). I'm not sure if there is a check that you have park hoppers. Other people had issues if someone was offsite vs onsite (7 am vs 9 am booking ability), so I suppose it could have a check for your ticket type as well.

Allears: what is park hopping like now with Disney genie:

https://allears.net/2021/10/21/what-is-park-hopping-like-now-with-disney-genie/

Oh ok thank you so much! So you can buy Genie+ the morning of, before 7:00, and then can start using at 7:00? (we will be on site)
No you can start booking at 7 am, but you don't use it until you get in the park. so you book something for 9-10 am, scan MB at the second turnstile and imediately book 9:15-10:15..... Genie+ can be booked by both onsite and offsite at 7 am

The offsite guests have restrictions for the top 2 LLIA$ rides, so they can only book those at park opening, whereas onsite guests can book at 7 am, so there have been days that ROTR sold out at 8:59 am and so offsite had no availability.

The next question I would have is does the Genie system "know" or care whether I actually have park hopper capability when deciding to offer me return times at the park I don't have park reservations for.
Yes. If a guest doesn't have a Park Hopper or AP it won't let them book a LL at a park they don't have a reservation for. You could book a LL for yourself, but you would need to remove the folks without hopping capability from the party list when you book a LL in a park you don't have a reservation for.

No you can start booking at 7 am, but you don't use it until you get in the park. so you book something for 9-10 am, scan MB at the second turnstile and imediately book 9:15-10:15..... Genie+ can be booked by both onsite and offsite at 7 am

The offsite guests have restrictions for the top 2 LLIA$ rides, so they can only book those at park opening, whereas onsite guests can book at 7 am, so there have been days that ROTR sold out at 8:59 am and so offsite had no availability.

Sorry my question is confusing. If I am on site and want to buy a single day of Genie+ can I buy it the morning of at say 6:00 AM or do I have to wait until 7:00 AM to purchase? I know I can't use until theme park opening. But I didn't want to waste the beginning of my booking window on making the purchase.

Sorry my question is confusing. If I am on site and want to buy a single day of Genie+ can I buy it the morning of at say 6:00 AM or do I have to wait until 7:00 AM to purchase? I know I can't use until theme park opening. But I didn't want to waste the beginning of my booking window on making the purchase.

You can purchase Genie+ anytime after midnight of the day you wish to utilize it. You cannot reserve LL or IAL$ (RoTR) until 7:00 a.m. the morning of. Since you are on site, you can book your IAL$ (RoTR) at 7:00 a.m.--those off site are not able to book the paid IAL$ until 9:00 a.m.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter