The Family, Friends, Fun, Food, Five pounds (well 7 really) and....*UPDATED 12/31*

Kids are ready for the pool, our luggage was not there yet but we have done this before and we always bring the kids swim trunks in the carry-on just in case.

That's a veteran move. Nice job. :thumbsup2

- another security check, remove shoes, belts, cell phones, empty pockets, have another stranger touch me in strange places, joke to the wife about this being the most action I’ve had in weeks.

:lmao: I think you left out the part where she takes a swing at you.

So I assume you enjoyed POR? We were really surprised how much we enjoyed it when we stayed there. I wasn't expecting much going in, but it's a beautiful place to stay.

- remove shoes, belts, cell phones, empty pockets, have a stranger touch me in strange places….
- another security check, remove shoes, belts, cell phones, empty pockets, have another stranger touch me in strange places, joke to the wife about this being the most action I’ve had in weeks.

Should change the title too...
Family, Friends, Fun, Food, Five pounds, Frisking, Felt-up, and...... Fotoprafy

Love your sense of humor! I can't wait for our trip in November to see that sign at the airport - the one that points you to your bus for your hotel (ours will be Boardwalk Villas with boardwalk view - I can hardly wait!!) Looks like the boys had a blast in the pool.

IMG_6344.jpg

There must have been other Canadians there - I see other people in the pool!

Just joining in... Enjoying the trip report so far. Fascinating- Canadians look strikingly similar to Americans! Who knew?:confused3
Yes, it can be difficult to tell the difference. But please try to avoid eye contact - they might get spooked. :scared1: :rotfl2:

Just joining in... Enjoying the trip report so far. Fascinating- Canadians look strikingly similar to Americans! Who knew?:confused3

If it wasn't for the Eh's and the please and thank-you's you would never be able to tell us apart

That's a veteran move. Nice job. :thumbsup2
:thumbsup2

:lmao: I think you left out the part where she takes a swing at you.

We have been married for 12 years, I have learned to anticipate these things.:rotfl2:

So I assume you enjoyed POR? We were really surprised how much we enjoyed it when we stayed there. I wasn't expecting much going in, but it's a beautiful place to stay.

This was our third stay at POR and we have continue to find new things there. We absolutely love this resort, it truly feels like home.

Should change the title too...
Family, Friends, Fun, Food, Five pounds, Frisking, Felt-up, and...... Fotoprafy

:lmao: Adds another layer to the FUN part of the title.

Love your sense of humor! I can't wait for our trip in November to see that sign at the airport - the one that points you to your bus for your hotel (ours will be Boardwalk Villas with boardwalk view - I can hardly wait!!) Looks like the boys had a blast in the pool.

Thanks, when you get to that point, it just feels like the stress just melts away. Love it! We love POR, but I have to say over the last few years I have really grown to enjoy the Boardwalk area. We were to ever buy DVC that is where it would be.:thumbsup2

There must have been other Canadians there - I see other people in the pool!

::yes:: or Americans from the Northeast, we consider them Canadians too.

Yes, it can be difficult to tell the difference. But please try to avoid eye contact - they might get spooked. :scared1: :rotfl2:

:magnify:

THERE IT IS......The inFAMOUS Maple Leafs Hat and Roots Shirt...(Worn by every Canadian I saw at POR:lmao::lmao::lmao:)

Just joshin' ya man, love it so far:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

THERE IT IS......The inFAMOUS Maple Leafs Hat and Roots Shirt...(Worn by every Canadian I saw at POR:lmao::lmao::lmao:)

Just joshin' ya man, love it so far:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

We were a big hit in LeCellier in the Canadian pavillion.:thumbsup2

GO LEAFS GO!!!!!!!:lmao:

I'm subscribing to your trip report! So far by now you got me laughing so hard:rotfl2: can't wait for more!

You stayed at the airport so you can get up at 3? :worship:

All our snow melted 2 weeks ago, my grass was pretty green. It puts that FL grass to shame. I think it is green because it is frozen solid.

The kids love those slides huh?

Great job so far!

I'm subscribing to your trip report! So far by now you got me laughing so hard:rotfl2: can't wait for more!

Thanks and :welcome:

I will try my best to keep you laughing. :thumbsup2

You stayed at the airport so you can get up at 3? :worship:

All our snow melted 2 weeks ago, my grass was pretty green. It puts that FL grass to shame. I think it is green because it is frozen solid.

The kids love those slides huh?

Great job so far!

Imagine what time I would of had to get up if I didnt stay 5 minutes from the airport. We live about an hour and a half from the airport. :eek:
I can't wait until the day comes when I can just to this :teleport:

Then I can just :tiptoe: out for lunch and hit Space mountain. Now that would be cool.

Ya, the kids loved those slides, my oldest made a deal with me to go down it with him, I said he had to go on EE and I would go down the slide. Thankfully Mommy-O is not as quick as me on the camera trigger and there is no photographic evidence of the horror in the other kids faces as I rumbled down the slide.:lmao:

After a dip in the pool we got ourselves together for a night on the town. We had some time before our ADR and thought we could go for a ride on the monorail.

IMG_6378.jpg

We took the long way to our dining location, but it gave me the opportunity to get some pictures of Epcot.

IMG_6368.jpg

The kids started collecting transportation cards this year. Very neat! For those of you not familiar with this, it’s a free, yes that’s right a FREE thing kids can do. Disney has not started charging kids for autographs and transportation cards yet….but give them time. Simply ask the Bus Drivers, Monorail Pilots or Boat Captains if they have any transportation cards and they will give some to you. The cards are a picture of that form of transportation and then on the back it has a little info about it and Disney.

I learned very quickly that not all CM’s are created equal, some were amazing, took the time to really engage the boys and us in conversation, others…well…not so much. I would have to say the bus drivers were the worst of all. Some were even down right nasty. I thought to myself, if you decided to drive a bus for a living, what better place to drive one than Disney! We got short rude answers from a few drivers which set me aback a little but I told my boys that not all the CM’s were happy all the time and to just focus on the ones that were really nice. I don’t want to make this sound like all the bus drivers were bad, but enough to really leave a bad taste in my mouth about it. Enough said about that!!
All in all the activity of collecting these cards was very fun, this gave the kids another opportunity to interact with CM’s and they had another memory to bring home with them.

The boys were started to get a little tired.
IMG_6364.jpg

IMG_6371.jpg

IMG_6374.jpg

Of course we hit the shops a little after we got off the Monorail. I took a few pictures in the store, here is one that I really liked.
IMG_6379.jpg

Matthew looking at the pins, they started trading about 3 years ago and really love it.
IMG_6383.jpg

If you haven’t guessed where dinner was…. here it is!!
IMG_6386.jpg

The boys spotted someone...

IMG_6393.jpg

Funny how all of our old friends just showed up! We haven’t seen them for a while and it was nice to get reacquainted.

IMG_6394.jpg

IMG_6440.jpg

IMG_6404.jpg

Of course Daddy-O had to get in on the action…..
IMG_6419.jpg

con't on next post....

con't from previous....

Matthew was pretty excited to see Pluto and accidently knocked his chair over when he was trying to get up....

IMG_6425.jpg

Pluto gave him this look....
IMG_6426.jpg

But he still signed his book...
IMG_6433.jpg

It was pretty funny...

The whole gang with the Big Cheese himself!!

IMG_6451.jpg

Party Time!!!
IMG_6422.jpg

Okay on to more important topics……FOOD. Okay…dinner was…..meh. I really found the food somewhat disappointing, I definitely ate but it was not as good as I hoped for. This is our second time at Chef Mickey’s but our first time for dinner. On to the brighter spot of the meal……dessert!

This was what I started my dessert with……yes started…..what?….YUM.
IMG_6445.jpg

Of course nothing consumed on Disney property actually has calories….it just jumps on you as you leave the gates of Disney property on your last day, all these calories just floating around outside of the gate just waiting to pounce on somebody. Thinking about what I consumed and what I gained, I think some poor soul at home is saying…. “I don’t get it....all I ate were salads!” Sucker!! The boys started saying don’t worry Daddy-O it doesn’t count, we are in Disney!! They really are good boys!!

So after we finished partying with our pals, we were on to our next stop…. waiting to catch the monrail.
IMG_6462.jpg

At this point I felt like Pooh bear and all stuffed with fluff and felt like if I decided to touch my toes I could tear something!!

You know you are singing the song in your head right now….

Winnie the pooh, Winnie the pooh…
Tubby little cubby all stuffed with fluff
He's Winnie the Pooh
Winnie the Pooh
Willy nilly silly old bear

Try and get rid of that for the rest of the day…

So I loosened my belt and we were on our way to the Poly to watch wishes on the beach.
I heard that the coffee at Kona was good so I went upstairs and asked if I could buy some coffee to take with me to the beach for the fireworks, the CM said sure and went to the back, came out and handed me two cups of coffee. I asked how much and she said don’t worry about it. Sweet!!

We have been wanting to do this for a while and Mark on the Dad’s thread had some pics on his TR and said it was a nice place to watch sooooo…….

IMG_6474.jpg

IMG_6499.jpg

IMG_6511.jpg

I think I see a Hidden Mickey!
IMG_6526.jpg

Sorry some are a little blurry, I didn't have my tripod with me on this night and really didn't have a ton of success shooting fireworks this year.

Thanks Mark!!!

A full day at Disney and not one park ticket….yet….believe me we make up for it!

Try and get rid of that for the rest of the day…

Ok, but if you pull this trick again with "It's a Small World" we're gonna have words...:rotfl:

What a great day
We are going to the beach at the Poly to watch Wishes in March, we are really excited :banana:
Thanks for the calorie information by the way, I will make sure that when I leave the World I wear a disguise :rotfl2:

So I'm a wee bit late joining the party Nick, but hey, you've had a great start to it all! Love the pics so far, and yes, you've had me laughing along too...

Thanks and :welcome:

I will try my best to keep you laughing. :thumbsup2
I can't wait until the day comes when I can just to this :teleport:

Then I can just :tiptoe: out for lunch and hit Space mountain. Now that would be cool.

Back in the mid-90's, when DL turned 40 - they were marking the occasion by giving away 40 unique trading cards celebrating something unique from each year of the park's operations, only one year per day for 40 days, in year order. My office was just about 7 min from DL, and a couple of buddies and I took on the challenge of going and collecting each of those cards at lunch time... so then once it was all done, we realized, sure we could slip into the park and enjoy a ride or even two, grab a bite to eat and then get back all in our lunch hour. That was a blast!

Can't wait to read/see more of your adventures!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter