The Family, Friends, Fun, Food, Five pounds (well 7 really) and....*UPDATED 12/31*

What an AWESOME picture!

:goodvibes

Cool - you're about on pace with me...our recent trip produced 3700+ as well as about nearly 200 Photopass ones. We were there for 10 nights though, so I had a bit more phototime than you...

Enjoy it while they are still oblivious - my boys are not any longer, and man do they make it hard to get that perfect shot any more. But yes as the Captain said - thank God for digital! My DW would kill me if we came home with so many pics via film to develop :rotfl:

I love it! :thumbsup2

We have done Photopass in the past, we decided against it this year. This year I was really trying to get specific shots that I had in mind. I got some of those and missed out on some, I also got some that I never expected that are the ones that are the most satisfying. (like that picture above):thumbsup2 . I think we develop maybe 10% of our pics, every computer we own has Disney pictures as our screensaver. I have all my disney pics in one folder with sub folders by year and I often just set a slideshow to play my disney folder and we see a ton of great pics from our first trips that have been long forgotten.

Well put "Thank God for digital!" :laughing:

BTW I think Don's on to me.:rotfl:

Ya, the boys loved asking for the cards. I think we got all the boats and buses but they are missing a few Monorail cards. I was told there are 12 monorail, I think they got around 5-6. They are a great keepsake.

Let me know the ones you are missing, I have some extra monorail cards, maybe I can help you out:confused3

There are 3 buses, 3 boats & 12 monorail cards, numbers are on the back.

Did you notice some of the CM's that had the cards, passed them off like they were top secret files or something:lmao:

:I think we develop maybe 10% of our pics, every computer we own has Disney pictures as our screensaver. I have all my disney pics in one folder with sub folders by year and I often just set a slideshow to play my disney folder and we see a ton of great pics from our first trips that have been long forgotten.

BTW I think Don's on to me.

Us too. We have lots of fun images that show up from years past. It's really fun to see all of the Disney trips, mixed in with our trips "home" to California and all of the family shots. Combined they are about 90% of all of our pics - Disney or family visits in CA.

As far as Don goes, he is, but he's not done yet...

Let me know the ones you are missing, I have some extra monorail cards, maybe I can help you out:confused3

Did you notice some of the CM's that had the cards, passed them off like they were top secret files or something:lmao:

I definitely have to get my boys working on this collection next time we're down there.

Thanks for the offer, I think the boys want to collect them again on our next trip. It was funny some would just give you the whole set and others would ask which ones do you still need. I was told by many CM's that they are getting new cards so be on the look out for them.

Us too. We have lots of fun images that show up from years past. It's really fun to see all of the Disney trips, mixed in with our trips "home" to California and all of the family shots. Combined they are about 90% of all of our pics - Disney or family visits in CA.

As far as Don goes, he is, but he's not done yet...

We are hopefully planning a trip to Disneyland one day. When that happens I will be coming to you for info.:thumbsup2

I definitely have to get my boys working on this collection next time we're down there.

It was a lot of fun, it really gave the boys a chance to interact with the CMs.
I definitely think you should get them collecting.

Thanks for the offer, I think the boys want to collect them again on our next trip. It was funny some would just give you the whole set and others would ask which ones do you still need. I was told by many CM's that they are getting new cards so be on the look out for them.

A new set makes sense. The best I can figure the new set being would be:

Bus - Add the Cruise bus, the airport bus & they have 1 new style reg. bus

Boats - They have many smaller styles of boats they use transportation, fireworks etc.

Monorails - they will retire the two from the accident (if they didn't already) add the 1 new color that replaced 1 of them & they are getting a new one sometime soon to bring total back up to 12 again .

It can probably be a 24 card or better set. I'll keep my eyes open for any info and pass it on to the Dads. I do have the current complete set with extra cards, would love to start a new one, Thanks for the heads up:thumbsup2

We are hopefully planning a trip to Disneyland one day. When that happens I will be coming to you for info.:thumbsup2

I DEFINITELY think that that is a MUST-DO for all of our Dad's! After all, it was the ultimate Disney Dad who started this whole crazy thing right there in Anaheim, California, after years of pondering what kind of a place he could take his daughters so that both parents & children could have fun together! If he hadn't purchased those orange groves and had them converted to a turn-of-the-century town; the deepest, darkest jungles of Africa & Asia; a frontier town; a celebration of fantasy and a peek at the amazing future (at that time the amazing world of 1986!) - we never would have gotten the East coast version, or the Japanese, French and now Chinese versions. Let alone all of the other wonderful aspects of the company he started. Going to Walt Disney World is great - but honestly, going to Disneyland is the ultimate Disneyophile pilgrammige! You've just GOT to do it at some point in your life. There you can walk where Walt walked. Eat where he ate, and if you are able to secure a tour, even see where he slept while staying inside the original Magic Kingdom. Walt Disney World has been billed as Walt's ultimate dream - but Disneyland was his ultimate playground!

I'm ready, willing and able to help you and any of our DDC friends whenever you are ready to head to sunny California for a visit!

Now THAT would be an awesome DDC outing ... DIS Dad's to Disneyland! Woo hoo. I'd be there in a heartbeat!

We always pack cereal for the kids and Carrie and I usually don’t eat too much for breakfast so I usually get up early and get our mugs filled with coffee and grab maybe a croissant or a bagel for us and eat in our room while everyone is getting ready for the day. I am the early bird of the clan and normally get up a tour around the resort and grab a coffee and sit somewhere comfortable and people watch or go through my pics on my camera from the day before and delete any that completely out of focus or some ones head is cut off.

The plan today was to hit the Magic Kingdom, we had an ADR at Mama Melrose that night at DHS and figured we could spend some time at the MK before heading over to the Studios for dinner. I’m not sure what was going on that day at MK but it was packed, the area just before the gates was jammed and the park was already open. This seemed unusually busy for this time of year and we thought maybe we would be better off going right to the Studios. We wanted to take our time a little this year and enjoy some things we have never done before so… we jumped on the boat and headed on our way to the Wilderness Lodge.
We have been to WL once but only for a little while, we never really explored it before.
IMG_6561.jpg

IMG_6559.jpg

I captured a few shots on the boat on the way...
You can kind of see in the background how busy MK was...
IMG_6564.jpg

IMG_6575.jpg

IMG_6577.jpg

IMG_6587.jpg

We arrived at the Widerness Lodge and I have to say this place is stunning, I mean just amazing.
IMG_6590.jpg

IMG_6600.jpg

The boys found something to do....
IMG_6612.jpg

I found some Hidden Mickeys...well...maybe not so hidden.
IMG_6615.jpg

IMG_6616.jpg

We had lunch at the CS restaurant here and headed out to catch a bus to DHS.

We are here...
IMG_6625.jpg

IMG_6628.jpg

IMG_6632.jpg

IMG_6635.jpg

I have to say the "Streetmosphere" is one of my favorite parts of DHS, I really enjoy walking around and watching these people perform. I feel this really makes the Studios more than just a theme park full of attractions, you can really spend the day walking around just watching.:thumbsup2

Of course it was time to hit some rides now.....

Nice update! :thumbsup2 We also have not seen WL... we may have to take a little side-trip this year and tour some resorts we haven't seen.

Hi
I have been enjoying your report and I just wanted to tell you I love your pictures!

I can't wait for next update I love DHS!

I am the early bird of the clan and normally get up a tour around the resort and grab a coffee and sit somewhere comfortable and people watch or go through my pics on my camera from the day before and delete any that completely out of focus or some ones head is cut off.

Me too! For a long time I didn't care for being the one up and attem early - but over time I've come to relish that time.

Sounds like a good time exploring the WL! I love it there, and can't wait to go back in 3 weeks.

Nice update! :thumbsup2 We also have not seen WL... we may have to take a little side-trip this year and tour some resorts we haven't seen.

Yes Don, yes you do. It's great fun to see them all - and who knows, you might just find something to rival those hammocks somewhere else if you do...

We love the streetmosphere actors too. Sometimes we just watch and watch then we realize we been standing and watching for 20 minutes.... but there are rides to be conquered!

I like how you saw MK and took a U-turn. :lmao: I would of never done that! I would have pressed through the crowds!

Love your pics of WL. We will be checking it out in March.. we are eating at WCC. I'm sure the pics don't do it justice.

We like to go and see other resorts, its another part of Disney that is done so well, why not enjoy them. I recommend it to anyone.

We may even pool hop one day, but dont post that on these boards anywhere else, you could get strung up for for using a mug at another resort let alone what can happen for this. :lmao::lmao:

Hi
I have been enjoying your report and I just wanted to tell you I love your pictures!

I can't wait for next update I love DHS!

Thanks and :welcome: It may come very soon.:thumbsup2

Me too! For a long time I didn't care for being the one up and attem early - but over time I've come to relish that time.

Sounds like a good time exploring the WL! I love it there, and can't wait to go back in 3 weeks.

Yes Don, yes you do. It's great fun to see them all - and who knows, you might just find something to rival those hammocks somewhere else if you do...

I loved getting up early, it was my time to do whatever I wanted. Sit, walk around, have a coffe, take pictures, whatever. Love it! It was funny, Matthew woke up one morning and wanted to come with me, so we had breakfast together just the two of us, it was really nice to spend time with just one. He still talks about "the morning Daddy and I had breakfast early together" :goodvibes

We love the streetmosphere actors too. Sometimes we just watch and watch then we realize we been standing and watching for 20 minutes.... but there are rides to be conquered!

I like how you saw MK and took a U-turn. :lmao: I would of never done that! I would have pressed through the crowds!

Love your pics of WL. We will be checking it out in March.. we are eating at WCC. I'm sure the pics don't do it justice.

We really like DHS, I hope they take the Pixar area a little further and add the Mosters Inc ride that has been rumored for a while. Maybe add a dining place with the Toy Story characters.:thumbsup2

Our schedule is always changing as you will see, we really got to understand Disney transportation. I guess we have gone a few times now and we are starting to take in more of the little things that we have never done before. We also wanted to see some more of the property not just the parks. We may be a little spoiled, I just don't like the crowds, the next few days lightened up and the waits were very manageable.

I loved getting up early, it was my time to do whatever I wanted. Sit, walk around, have a coffe, take pictures, whatever. Love it! It was funny, Matthew woke up one morning and wanted to come with me, so we had breakfast together just the two of us, it was really nice to spend time with just one. He still talks about "the morning Daddy and I had breakfast early together" :goodvibes

My Matthew (DS11) is my earliest riser too these days. For a long time it was his older brother, but that stopped when he hit 13. Many times Matthew will be downstairs in the morning before I am and we hang out together before I leave for work. Not this last trip, but the one in Fall 2008 when we stayed at the BWV - Matthew and I enjoyed a number of nice early morning walks on the boardwalk together. It's cool to get that one-on-time time. :thumbsup2

My Matthew (DS11) is my earliest riser too these days. For a long time it was his older brother, but that stopped when he hit 13. Many times Matthew will be downstairs in the morning before I am and we hang out together before I leave for work. Not this last trip, but the one in Fall 2008 when we stayed at the BWV - Matthew and I enjoyed a number of nice early morning walks on the boardwalk together. It's cool to get that one-on-time time. :thumbsup2

It's funny how different they are when they don't have their brother with them. We really got a chance to talk about just him and not them as a collective. I know he really enjoyed it. We also went or RnR together as Jonathan didnt want to and it was nice to hear his opinion on the trip and whatever else we chatted about and not what maybe his older brother may have influenced.

It's funny how different they are when they don't have their brother with them. We really got a chance to talk about just him and not them as a collective. I know he really enjoyed it. We also went or RnR together as Jonathan didnt want to and it was nice to hear his opinion on the trip and whatever else we chatted about and not what maybe his older brother may have influenced.

Yeah I love that one-on-one time with they are not together. It's amazing how different they are when they are alone. And having time like that with just one or the other at WDW is even more special! Way to go!

Day 2 Part II
Here are a few more pics that I took while walking around….

IMG_6643.jpg

IMG_6646.jpg

I can't wait for this movie....
IMG_6659.jpg

IMG_6656.jpg

So we decided to go see what the wait was for TSM, we got there and all the fast passes we gone for the day. This wasn’t really a surprise as we got there around 2pm. The wait time was 45 minutes, we thought about it and figured why not. Let me say that when they say 45 minutes it was 45 minutes, some rides have something posted and the wait maybe shorter, not this ride on this day. It did start to get a little old when we got to the area where the stand-by and the fast pass lines meet, it seemed like he was only letting fastpass people through…..I’m sure it was just the wait getting to me.

The wait gave me a chance to get a few shots in...
IMG_6679.jpg

IMG_6681.jpg

IMG_6704.jpg

IMG_6690.jpg

IMG_6669.jpg

IMG_6725.jpg

Finally we were on the ride, we sent the two boys together and Carrie and I rode together.
IMG_6733.jpg

Our final scores....I won BTW :goodvibes
IMG_6743.jpg

Now I realize that my accuracy was only at 25% but I still won that is what counts. :yay:

IMG_6743.jpg

Now I realize that my accuracy was only at 25% but I still won that is what counts. :yay:

Ironic how the Canadians won a beaver as their prize? :rotfl:

Accuracy doesn't matter when you have unlimited shots. I declare you WINNER!

How was Mr. Potato head? I've always used fast passes and haven't had the chance to walk past him.

Next, we decided to jump on the great movie ride, I know its chessy but I really like it, I guess I like cheese.:)
IMG_7886.jpg

Fogetaboutit!! I love the gansters.
IMG_7900.jpg

IMG_7912.jpg

IMG_7914.jpg

I'll get you my pretty!!
IMG_7922.jpg

Follow the yellow brick road?
IMG_6778.jpg

We had a little time to kill before our ADR at Mama Melrose, so we walked around a little.
My absolute favorite thing about Disney is their attention to detail, the little things that may go unnoticed by a lot of people, I tried to really pay attention. Here are some of the things I spotted, that I thought were cool.:thumbsup2
IMG_6783.jpg

IMG_6787.jpg

IMG_6781.jpg

IMG_6790.jpg

IMG_6814.jpg

IMG_6818.jpg

What is a trip to Disney and not visit the Christmas shop...we get the boys to pose like this every year, they are pretending its cold.
IMG_6799.jpg

IMG_6802.jpg

IMG_6807.jpg

Unfortunately I decided to put the camera away and forgot to get pictures of dinner. We really love this restaurant, the kids eat well and its not mac and cheese and we can have a few drinks and relax. The only complaint I had was that they brought our mains so quickly that we had not finished our apps yet. I guess they were trying to get us fed and out of there. For the rest of the trip I ordered my apps first if we were getting any and waiting until they got there before ordering our mains. This way it was timed perfectly.
I would give this restarant a big :thumbsup2, this is a must do for us every trip.

After dinner and walking around a little more we decided to head back to POR and hit the hay a wee bit earlier this day.
This is what we found, the boys got a kick out of the plushes watching TV.
IMG_6826.jpg

IMG_6827.jpg

I took the opportunity to mess around a little with my camera and try my hand at some night photography with my tripod. I have seen some really amazing pictures on this site and thought I would try to see if I could get some long exposure pictures of POR. This is my first attempt at taking pictures fully on manual on my camera and with a tripod, so be kind.:goodvibes

Here are a few that I captured....
IMG_6911.jpg

IMG_6877.jpg

IMG_6895.jpg

Ironic how the Canadians won a beaver as their prize? :rotfl:

Accuracy doesn't matter when you have unlimited shots. I declare you WINNER!

How was Mr. Potato head? I've always used fast passes and haven't had the chance to walk past him.

I never even noticed that!:lmao:

I agree, though I did have a little discussion with Carrie about this when she kept saying my accuracy was better than yours. Unlimited shots, accuracy is out the window.

Potato head is very cool, I have been told he is interactive but it appeared to me that it was standard type recorded jokes he was telling. The animatronics is amazing, he moves, tips his hat, pulls his ear off, tells jokes, very cool stuff. Now mind you after about 1/2 and hour, I think I started hearing the same jokes again. So I would take the fastpass. :lmao::lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter