The Everything Victoria & Albert's Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's unfortunate. None of us have been there this year (too many good places opening in Tampa), but last year when we went it was still 4-5 oz.
I was absolutely not impressed with Remy, we'll skip it next cruise

JenKatt didn't believe the Beerman:sad: Hey the Beerman knows his wine too!

Hey guys, quick question... Chef's Table vs Queen Victoria's Room. Which would YOU choose and why, for a party of 2. Also, what is the 'recommended' method to securing a reservation at the Chef's Table? Is it 180 day maximum window? Any 'tips'?

DH and I are doing the chef's table for our 1 yr. we wanted to do it on our honeymoon but it was closed. We got online as soon as 180 days and booked it first thing. I heard it books up fast.

Hi. I have MDR booked for two for December 26. I don't understand how you are listing the prices. Is it fixed pricing? I have $500 put aside for our dinner and we want wine or drinks with dinner so thinking I need $600 for tip. Is this about right? Trying to do with cash. Thanks.
Based on the new price of $150/person in the main room your dinner will be $300 if you add the wine pairing for each of you that's $65/person so $130 for $430 total plus tax and tip. I think tax is 6% so including that and an 18% grat you're looking at about $540 (I rounded up a little from $537.84 tipping on top of the tax)

HTH!

Edited to add: this is all assuming there isn't an additional cost because of the time of year but since you're not on one of the two big holidays I think you'll be fine... I'm not even sure if V&A ups the price on the holidays like other locations do come to think of it.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

DW and I just returned from our trip to WDW. We visited V&A on Friday, 10/10/14 and ate in the main dining room. This was our 2nd visit to V&A but it has been almost 4 years since the last one. For those asking about pricing, it was $150ea for us plus one wine pairing for $65. We were able to split the wine pairing between us with short pours for each course. We would not be able to walk if we each had 7 or 8 full glasses of adult beverages! We added an extra item for $15. The tax was 6.5% so for the entire meal, the total, before tip, was $404.70 (150+150+65+15+24.70tx). With a 20% tip, the total came to $480.00.

Oh yeah...and it was worth every penny!! What a fantastic place! There's a reason they are 1 of only 47 AAA five-diamond restaurants in the US and 1 of the top 5 in the entire US according to TripAdvisor.

DW and I just returned from our trip to WDW. We visited V&A on Friday, 10/10/14 and ate in the main dining room. This was our 2nd visit to V&A but it has been almost 4 years since the last one.

Oh yeah...and it was worth every penny!! What a fantastic place! There's a reason they are 1 of only 47 AAA five-diamond restaurants in the US and 1 of the top 5 in the entire US according to TripAdvisor.

We return tomorrow night to V&A and our favorite table.

A shared wine pairing is the way to go for us due to past experiences we had when we each had a wine pairing. ;)

All the best. :thumbsup2

My 180 day mark was last week. I wanted the chef's table so badly, so it was the first thing I checked for when I signed on at 6am. I saw 3 tables for the times I'm there, but the crappy system kept refusing to let me book. I gave up and called them at 9am. The CT times were all taken so I asked for QVR and to be on a waitlist. No less than two hours later, I got a call saying someone cancelled the CT and it was all mine! I'm so excited to have this experience.

At the CT, do we get a pre-printed menu with a set course, or does the chef come out and talk to us and form a meal plan right on the spot? If it's the latter, do we then get a menu with what we decided on (as a souvenir) or no?

Wine pairing talk: following the thread it seems that the amounts were varying from person to person. Any recent estimates on the volume of each pour (for one person)?

Wine pairing talk: following the thread it seems that the amounts were varying from person to person. Any recent estimates on the volume of each pour (for one person)?

In August, we were receiving about 5 ounces per glass. I'll compare and contrast tomorrow night.

Hi!

We will be a party of 6 going to V & A in January. Four of us have been before and can't wait to go back (with my son and his wife - their first time). My 92-year old father is going with us, and he just doesn't eat as much as he once did. He enjoys the good food and good company, but he will never be able to eat more than a couple of courses. Can he just tell the server at some point that he is done? He will be happy to just sit and talk with us as we eat. (And this is not about the money - he will be paying full price, of course). Should we discuss it with the restaurant or server in advance? Thanks for any suggestions.

In August, we were receiving about 5 ounces per glass. I'll compare and contrast tomorrow night.

Thanks! Please do pass it on.

Hi!

We will be a party of 6 going to V & A in January. Four of us have been before and can't wait to go back (with my son and his wife - their first time). My 92-year old father is going with us, and he just doesn't eat as much as he once did. He enjoys the good food and good company, but he will never be able to eat more than a couple of courses. Can he just tell the server at some point that he is done? He will be happy to just sit and talk with us as we eat. (And this is not about the money - he will be paying full price, of course). Should we discuss it with the restaurant or server in advance? Thanks for any suggestions.

I recall someone posting earlier that they had stomach surgery and couldn't eat as much and they just asked for smaller portions. They were able to sample almost everything.

For a first time at Victoria and Albert'ss and a younger couple (25 and 24), which table/room would you opt for? I'm torn between the Queen Victoria's room and the Chef's Table. My girlfriend is worried about the QV's room being 'too formal' for her and she's worrying about utensils lol, so she's more open to the main room or Chef's Table.

Any opinions? I figure Chef's Table would be the most relaxed.

For a first time at Victoria and Albert'ss and a younger couple (25 and 24), which table/room would you opt for? I'm torn between the Queen Victoria's room and the Chef's Table. My girlfriend is worried about the QV's room being 'too formal' for her and she's worrying about utensils lol, so she's more open to the main room or Chef's Table.

I have only eaten in the main dining room but tell her not to worry about utensils. The staff has always changed the utensils out for each course so you aren't overwhelmed with cutlery for the entire meal.

HTH

Jill in CO

As we anticipate our V&A dinner tonight, we recommend the main dining room. The formality of V&A extends to all of its dining areas.

Now then...the QV room provides fewer tables but more food and drink because of the expanded course menu (and a bit more illumination). The main dining room (where we have dined eight of our previous ten times) is an ideal area for both first timers and regulars. Enjoy!

I'm 25 and I opted for the Chef's Table, but I was motivated by the experience. It does seem that the CT will be much more informal as you're secluded and can relax a bit more. From the pictures I've seen, you won't have a formal dinner table setting where she'll have to know the difference between which fork is for fish and which is for salad (but if that does happen, just remember that you start with the outer utensils and work your way in as the courses progress).

V&A dinner #11 completed. To be sure, an extraordinary lineup of superb courses, each filled with an explosion of multi-flavors and presented in a manner worthy of the restaurant's highly regarded status.

We had our favorite table in the main dining room and our favorite serving team. [No chef's table for us since that area is a bit too noisy and too bright; it also lack the harpist's music which adds much to the overall dining atmosphere.]

We split the wine paring again: two glasses each of Piper Heidsick Cuvee 1785 NV Brut champagne; a 3-4 ounce pour of Paul Hobbs "Crossbarn" Chardonnay, Sonoma Coast 2013; a 3-4 ounce pour of Highflyer Centerlline Syrah blend, Napa 2010, with a courtesy refill.

I'm 25 and I opted for the Chef's Table, but I was motivated by the experience. It does seem that the CT will be much more informal as you're secluded and can relax a bit more. From the pictures I've seen, you won't have a formal dinner table setting where she'll have to know the difference between which fork is for fish and which is for salad (but if that does happen, just remember that you start with the outer utensils and work your way in as the courses progress).

That's what I was interested in, the unique experience and seeing the kitchen staff operate and the chefs/head chef. I'm torn between the QV's room and CT :badpc:

That's what I was interested in, the unique experience and seeing the kitchen staff operate and the chefs/head chef. I'm torn between the QV's room and CT :badpc:

As I understand it, the meal in the CT is slightly different as the QVR has menus planned before you arrive and the CT has the chef talk with you to make changes right there, so there is some difference in food options. Maybe an extra course sometime?

What it came down to was preference. I described both options to my girlfriend (she's 35) and she said that QVR sounds too stuffy for her, so we settled on the CT (which was my preference all along, but I knew better than to not ask).

We've dined in all 3 rooms. DH favorite is the QVR but I prefer the regular dining room. We both felt the Chef's Table was a bit overrated. We had a much better experience at the Chef's Counter at Napa Rose in Disneyland. I prefer the regular dining room because of it being a little more intimate between the 2 of you. In the QVR it's 4 tables so I found it hard to have private conversation. I enjoyed the room but not at the expense of being overheard, if that makes sense.

We've dined in all 3 rooms. DH favorite is the QVR but I prefer the regular dining room. We both felt the Chef's Table was a bit overrated. We had a much better experience at the Chef's Counter at Napa Rose in Disneyland. I prefer the regular dining room because of it being a little more intimate between the 2 of you. In the QVR it's 4 tables so I found it hard to have private conversation. I enjoyed the room but not at the expense of being overheard, if that makes sense.

Watcha guys talking about at dinner hmm? :bitelip::hyper:

Just kidding :p

Thanks for the input! I guess in the long run I'm going to have to try all three lol.

Indeed...particularly your comments on Napa Rose and the awkward privacy in the QV room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter