The Everything Pooh Sized Thread

I wear long-line bras most other days and I know they're not for everyone and they do take a bit of getting used to, but find them very comfortable and they give you a lovely form under clothing. They also help with any friction because it, erm, "lifts and separates" and there's no wire/ band rubbing.

Also, no matter what kind of bra I wear, I always compliment it with a quick swipe of anti-perspirant under the boobs. I never feel sweaty or get a nasty under-rash or anything like that these days. I used to suffer terribly with sore underboobs but not now. Fresh as anything.

This question is ONLY for the ladies. men, you have been warned. This is going to be one of those TMI questions. I'll wait for you to skip to the next post.....

Ladies, I need some bra help. I am pooh sized with boobs the size of my head. I get so damn hot in the parks because I try to wear a cotton bra, etc, but with the bra and the shirt, my body feels like I'm wearing a jacket. Is there such thing as a really large, breathable bra that I won't have to wring out when I get home? I am aware there are bra liners and I use enough powder for 15 baby butts but I am still MISERABLE at the end of the day. I am sweaty and miserable. Help.

I use Gold Bond powder--liberally. It has been a real game changer for me--no more rashes that would turn into sores. It goes on as soon as I am dried off after showering or swimming. Have fun, and good luck!!!!!

I wear long-line bras most other days and I know they're not for everyone and they do take a bit of getting used to, but find them very comfortable and they give you a lovely form under clothing. They also help with any friction because it, erm, "lifts and separates" and there's no wire/ band rubbing.

Also, no matter what kind of bra I wear, I always compliment it with a quick swipe of anti-perspirant under the boobs. I never feel sweaty or get a nasty under-rash or anything like that these days. I used to suffer terribly with sore underboobs but not now. Fresh as anything.

What kind of antiperspirant do you use? Will the Secret gel type work?

I use Gold Bond powder--liberally. It has been a real game changer for me--no more rashes that would turn into sores. It goes on as soon as I am dried off after showering or swimming. Have fun, and good luck!!!!!

Does it keep you from sweating? I have 2 of the little travel size powders, but have never used them. I also have the gold bond anti-chafe, i wonder how a combination of the two would work

@disneyjr77 I usually use a Dove solid anti-perspirant deodorant stick. I’ve got fairly sensitive skin but all Dove products seem to be ok for me. Gel ones would also be okay and I also use them from time to time, but I find the solids leave less residue and there’s less product to transfer onto your clothing. Basically whatever product you use on your underarms, if any, would be fine. I wish I had started doing this years ago and hadn’t endured decades of trying to manage sore skin under my breasts before trying this really simple thing.

@disneyjr77 I usually use a Dove solid anti-perspirant deodorant stick. I’ve got fairly sensitive skin but all Dove products seem to be ok for me. Gel ones would also be okay and I also use them from time to time, but I find the solids leave less residue and there’s less product to transfer onto your clothing. Basically whatever product you use on your underarms, if any, would be fine. I wish I had started doing this years ago and hadn’t endured decades of trying to manage sore skin under my breasts before trying this really simple thing.

Fantastic, thank you!!!! I'll get one of the travel size solid ones before we go. I came to the realization a few weeks ago at the mall of all places (after many trips to orlando in the summer), that the reason my back and shoulders start to hurt when i get hot is because i start sweating and nothing stays in place :scared::rotfl2:then i'm miserable for the rest of the day.

I may have missed it but has anyone said anything about the new rides, like slinky dog dash and the alien swirling saucers? My pooh sized self is a little nervous!

I may have missed it but has anyone said anything about the new rides, like slinky dog dash and the alien swirling saucers? My pooh sized self is a little nervous!
Here now and I can say very confidently that Slinky is quite size friendly. A similar bar to Everest ... individual to each rider, but a simple pull down lap bar without the leg-crunching side bars on 7DMT! Alien Spin has a very large adjustable seatbelt, that more then accommodated two adults (one Pooh and another full grown adult! We rode several times and I saw no one turned away. Slinky is great fun, BTW!

Edited to add... the bar on Slinky does not appear to need to click to a certain level. Just pulls down and locks where it stops.

I'm not sure if we're allowed to post links here but here's a YouTube review of Slinky Dog Dash from a pooh-sized point of view from the brilliant Pammie Plus Parks. She has loads of videos on rides and attractions that address the fears we who wear plus sizes have when visiting WDW, including one on Toy Story Land as a whole.

Quick Pooh/Baloo-sized update from my latest trip: I’m 5-9 (my license says 5-10, but that was before multiple disc injuries over the years), fluctuating in the 350-360 range, 46-inch below-gut waist, closer to 56 around the gut...

I did Slinky Dog on Wednesday with no issues. WAY more comfortable than 7DMT.

Then today, the big one, I finally fit on Flight of Passage. The CM at the test seat said it’d be close, and that the loading CM would have final say. I gave it a shot, and the loading CM needed to give the back restraint a push, but I locked in. It was definitely a tight squeeze, but any discomfort disappeared when the ride began.

Also, on the Disneyland side of things (since I was there last week), I had no issues on Incredicoaster, and was able to get the belt on Grizzly River Run on by sliding it under my gut.

One of the good things about Disney is that there are lots of places to sit down! This helps with the pain of standing too long, which I think is almost worse than walking too much, honestly. Take advantage of that whenever possible, even if it's just for a minute.

I hate to waste times on resort days / rest breaks but by all means, if you need them (for everyone's sake) then use them for sure. I think you have laid out a good plan, although you can always adjust on the fly if you feel up to it, too.

5 weeks training is better than nothing, for sure. You may also want to take flexible (drug store / Amazon) braces for knee / back just in case.

You got this!!

We’re going to MK and Epcot soon and I’m so worried about my endurance and having knee and/or back pain. This is the largest I’ve been at 370 and I’m no longer worried about fitting in the rides, I’m worried about lasting and being pain free. Our plan is:
Day 1- MK rope drop, lunch at noon then back to poly for a few hours to relax (hopefully warm enough to use the pool). Then back to park around 4, dinner at 6, stay until fireworks.

Day 2-Epcot in am, lunch and then back to poly for a few hours. Back to Epcot around 4, dinner at 5, a few rides and then poly.

Day 3- resort day all day

Day 4- MK (same as day 1).

We have a kindergartner and this is our first trip. We kept hearing from other families to have resort days in between and take midday breaks back at the resort. We have all the fast passes we wanted and awesome ADRs. Do you think this is a chill enough schedule that I’ll be able to do it? I definitely don’t want to get an ecv. No judgment ever, but I just don’t want to and I’m praying I can make it work Walking. I have 5 weeks until we go. Do you think if I start walking a little each day now and practice standing more, 5 weeks is enough time to make a difference in my endurance? I plan to also start pt for periodic knee and back pain next week (2/week). I’m so mad at myself for not training sooner like I had planned. We don’t want to put the trip off bc we’ve already had to do that.

I think starting to walk in advance is a smart thing to do. There is also no shame in taking breaks throughout the day. When we first started going to Disney, sometimes I would sit on the bench and rest while my family did a few things. Not fun but sometimes the best choice. There is nothing worse than being deep in the park and in so much pain you can barely make it out to the busses. I have been there before...

We’re going to MK and Epcot soon and I’m so worried about my endurance and having knee and/or back pain.

We have a kindergartner and this is our first trip. We kept hearing from other families to have resort days in between and take midday breaks back at the resort. We have all the fast passes we wanted and awesome ADRs. Do you think this is a chill enough schedule that I’ll be able to do it? I definitely don’t want to get an ecv. No judgment ever, but I just don’t want to and I’m praying I can make it work Walking. I have 5 weeks until we go. Do you think if I start walking a little each day now and practice standing more, 5 weeks is enough time to make a difference in my endurance? I plan to also start pt for periodic knee and back pain next week (2/week). I’m so mad at myself for not training sooner like I had planned. We don’t want to put the trip off bc we’ve already had to do that.

Yes, any walking you can do now will help. Take advantage of attractions that allow you to sit and rest for a while. Looking at your schedule I would guess you will end up walking somewhere in the neighborhood of five miles per day, not counting resort day. If you can get to three miles comfortably before you go, the extra two may tire you a little, but not cause pain. I see a lot of people with knee wraps or braces at WDW. If you are going for PT, ask if something like that would be a good idea for you.

Make sure you have well broken in, comfortable shoes. Having shoes with the right fit and support make a HUGE difference. Carry a few of your favorite pain meds with you, so if you do start to feel bad you can nip it in the bud. I totally understand not wanting to use an ECV if you can manage without one, but don’t rule it out if the situation warrants it. I think if you start walking now, and considering your trip is only four days with one of those as a resort day, you may last better than you think you will.

We’re going to MK and Epcot soon and I’m so worried about my endurance and having knee and/or back pain. This is the largest I’ve been at 370 and I’m no longer worried about fitting in the rides, I’m worried about lasting and being pain free. Our plan is:
Day 1- MK rope drop, lunch at noon then back to poly for a few hours to relax (hopefully warm enough to use the pool). Then back to park around 4, dinner at 6, stay until fireworks.

Day 2-Epcot in am, lunch and then back to poly for a few hours. Back to Epcot around 4, dinner at 5, a few rides and then poly.

I’m very much in the same boat as you. Similar size, always tell myself I’m going to do a walking regimen months in advance of a Disney trip, then wait too long to do it, etc. ...

For me, Aleve is my best friend for dealing with the pain of walking the parks all day. Generally if I take two in the morning then two more at night, I’m good.

One other piece of advice is that if you feel any back pain coming on at all, try to take a break. Take it from someone who has made this mistake: the worst thing you can do is think “I can push through this” on Day 1 of a trip, only to wreck yourself for the next few days.

I'd echo the recommendation for good, supportive shoes, too. My husband is in the same boat and he does much better with his Skechers or his Merrill shoes.

I will echo others, any walking and standing you do now will help. I totally respect not wanting to get an ECV, I didn’t for years. I didn’t want to give in, I didn’t want the (perceived) whispers, snickers, and judgement. I didn’t want to be “that fat, lazy broad.” I limped around, stopped at every bench, skipped things I had really wanted to do. All because I was tired and couldn’t go another step. Then the second trip with my wife, she had hurt her knee (she’s also a Pooh sized lady). We both got ECVs that day, so neither would be alone in their shame. I was stunned at how much difference it made. We ENJOYED ourselves so much! It really changed things for us. When I went back to AK on my own a different day, I went ahead and rented one again. I took so many more pictures, explored parts I had always skipped, and had a fabulous time. By 2017,we had a new, adopted son and were taking him to WDW for his 8th birthday. We rented ECVs nearly the whole trip. It was worth it to us, to give him a better experience. We were able to keep up with him so much better. And I had finally gotten it through my head that most people didn’t care if I was in an ECV or not, they were busy with their own vacation. And the ones who may have commented? Were of no importance in my life.

Just saying, at lest consider being open to the idea of an ECV if your body is getting tired and hurting.

Thank you so much everyone!! Our 30 day mark is tomorrow and I'm excited but that excitement is definitely being overrun by nerves and fear. We tell our daughter in 2 weeks and I want to be 100% excited by that point. I'm actually in tears right now so mad at myself for not losing the weight and training sooner and worried I won't last in the parks. Part of me wants to cancel (today is the last day to do so), but we've already had to reschedule it and I know if we cancel it'll just keep being delayed. Promise me I can do this? I know that sounds silly but I need reassurance so badly. I have one pair of great shoes, plan to buy 1-2 more and break them in, will bring ibuprofen, take breaks that are fun and won't ruin family's enjoyment (character meals, shows, etc), ice at night, stretch, get enough sleep, walk every day and practice standing for longer periods for the next 30 days. I'll try to build up to 3 miles before we leave if possible. I feel like we have a pretty easy, light plan which was our plan all along because we only have time for 3 day park days and scheduled in breaks since we have a little one who we don't want getting overtired. I can do this right?

Thank you so much everyone!! Our 30 day mark is tomorrow and I'm excited but that excitement is definitely being overrun by nerves and fear. We tell our daughter in 2 weeks and I want to be 100% excited by that point. I'm actually in tears right now so mad at myself for not losing the weight and training sooner and worried I won't last in the parks. Part of me wants to cancel (today is the last day to do so), but we've already had to reschedule it and I know if we cancel it'll just keep being delayed. Promise me I can do this? I know that sounds silly but I need reassurance so badly. I have one pair of great shoes, plan to buy 1-2 more and break them in, will bring ibuprofen, take breaks that are fun and won't ruin family's enjoyment (character meals, shows, etc), ice at night, stretch, get enough sleep, walk every day and practice standing for longer periods for the next 30 days. I'll try to build up to 3 miles before we leave if possible. I feel like we have a pretty easy, light plan which was our plan all along because we only have time for 3 day park days and scheduled in breaks since we have a little one who we don't want getting overtired. I can do this right?

You will be fine! I just got back and am only around 15 lbs lighter than you, around 5’4” size 28. I also had planned to start a walking regimen beforehand but couldn’t because I ended up with Tibial Tendonitis. We spent 5 nights in Disney before heading to the beach. We had no rest days. Arrival day we did EPCOT from around 1-8, then MK next day from 8 (ppo bog adr) to 6, then AK from 9:30-6, MK again from 8-6, and then HS from 10-3. That last day ended up being shorter than intended because I twisted my ankle and fell the day prior in MK and was really feeling the pain.

All that said, I have horrible feet issues and I made it! You should be fine with your mid day breaks. My suggestions are 1) Take Aleve instead of ibuprofen (if your Dr says it’s ok for you). It did wonders for me! Dr. told me to take 2 every 12 hours so I took in morning and evening. They lowered the directions to 1 when they made it otc but original prescription was 2 twice a day. Definitely check into that! And if the pain is too severe you can take some Tylenol mid dose time too. I had to do that after I sprained my ankle on our 2nd MK day. 2) If you don’t have orthotics, get some! Even if you have a great pair of walking shoes. I use Powerstep. You can get them from Amazon and they even come in wide. 3) Ice! Take some ziploc bags and fill with ice when you go back to your room, prop your feet/legs up and ice for 20 minutes each hour anywhere you have pain and swelling. 4) Frequent short sit down breaks in the park. It does more than you would guess! Even if it’s just a couple minutes. And if there’s a spare chair, don’t hesitate to put your legs up on it. Try to spread out the sit down show attractions like carousel of progress, philharmagic, peoplemover, country bears, etc. so that you have a built in rest time. 5) If there’s a ride that you don’t necessarily want to do but others in your party do (for me it was Astro orbiters at MK) take that time to sit and prop your legs up while you wait. Since AO was so close to Peoplemover, I hopped on that and propped my legs up on the seat across from me and did 2 laps around (there’s never a wait so they will let you stay on) while DH and DS rode AO. It would also be good with waiting on others to ride the Speedway cars since it’s close. 6) Remember to use the train in MK to get around! We had just ridden Space Mountain and needed to head to Splash, which would have been a long walk! So we took the shorter walk over to the train station in Fantasyland and rode it to the Frontierland stop which lets out right next to SM. There were hardly any people waiting and a train pulled up not long after we arrived. 7) Don’t be afraid to modify your plans if needed! We did this a few times. DS 10 loved when I would say we’re going to wing it for awhile.

Good luck! You’ll be fine! Remember to drink lots of water! Ask for free ice water at the QS places. We took Brita filtered bottles and dumped a couple cups at a time in them. Report back with how you do!

I just wanted to say that the Gold Bond powder body spray is the best! I get rashes under my belly and breasts when I get hot and sweaty, so I sprayed it liberally in those areas each morning and never had a problem in the 5 park days in a row we did. It was in the 90s with index over 100 too! I ordered it from Publix with our instacart order I had delivered to the resort.

You will be fine! I just got back and am only around 15 lbs lighter than you, around 5’4” size 28. I also had planned to start a walking regimen beforehand but couldn’t because I ended up with Tibial Tendonitis. We spent 5 nights in Disney before heading to the beach. We had no rest days. Arrival day we did EPCOT from around 1-8, then MK next day from 8 (ppo bog adr) to 6, then AK from 9:30-6, MK again from 8-6, and then HS from 10-3. That last day ended up being shorter than intended because I twisted my ankle and fell the day prior in MK and was really feeling the pain.

All that said, I have horrible feet issues and I made it! You should be fine with your mid day breaks. My suggestions are 1) Take Aleve instead of ibuprofen (if your Dr says it’s ok for you). It did wonders for me! Dr. told me to take 2 every 12 hours so I took in morning and evening. They lowered the directions to 1 when they made it otc but original prescription was 2 twice a day. Definitely check into that! And if the pain is too severe you can take some Tylenol mid dose time too. I had to do that after I sprained my ankle on our 2nd MK day. 2) If you don’t have orthotics, get some! Even if you have a great pair of walking shoes. I use Powerstep. You can get them from Amazon and they even come in wide. 3) Ice! Take some ziploc bags and fill with ice when you go back to your room, prop your feet/legs up and ice for 20 minutes each hour anywhere you have pain and swelling. 4) Frequent short sit down breaks in the park. It does more than you would guess! Even if it’s just a couple minutes. And if there’s a spare chair, don’t hesitate to put your legs up on it. Try to spread out the sit down show attractions like carousel of progress, philharmagic, peoplemover, country bears, etc. so that you have a built in rest time. 5) If there’s a ride that you don’t necessarily want to do but others in your party do (for me it was Astro orbiters at MK) take that time to sit and prop your legs up while you wait. Since AO was so close to Peoplemover, I hopped on that and propped my legs up on the seat across from me and did 2 laps around (there’s never a wait so they will let you stay on) while DH and DS rode AO. It would also be good with waiting on others to ride the Speedway cars since it’s close. 6) Remember to use the train in MK to get around! We had just ridden Space Mountain and needed to head to Splash, which would have been a long walk! So we took the shorter walk over to the train station in Fantasyland and rode it to the Frontierland stop which lets out right next to SM. There were hardly any people waiting and a train pulled up not long after we arrived. 7) Don’t be afraid to modify your plans if needed! We did this a few times. DS 10 loved when I would say we’re going to wing it for awhile.

Good luck! You’ll be fine! Remember to drink lots of water! Ask for free ice water at the QS places. We took Brita filtered bottles and dumped a couple cups at a time in them. Report back with how you do!

I seriously can’t thank you enough for all of this!! Truly, thank you! If you don’t mind me asking, how is your endurance? That worries me as much (possibly more) than back pain. My endurance is not good right now. Before getting pregnant I was doing hour long cardio kickboxing classes easily. Now, I feel a little winded walking around Target.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter