The Dream Is So Nice, We Did It Twice!

It was so quick. And with the rain, it made day 1 a little different than I had planned, but still REALLY busy. I kept losing track of time. I REALLY want to go back and do it again. There was so much of the ship we never even saw.
You family is beautiful!

Thanks! That's why I'm glad we did the B2B for our first time on the Dream. There still is so much we didn't do, but we did get to do just about everything we wanted between the 4 and 3 day.

Great beginning. I love TR. We will be sailing on the Dream next year so I'll be soaking up all the info I can find. Thanks for taking the time to write all about it. Denise

Beautiful pics & the dessert brunch looks fantastic. We are booked on the Dream for next year's Spring Break and it will be our first Disney cruise, so I am gobbling up all the Dream info I can get. Thanks for posting,

Gerry

You won't regret the brunch, just pack some stretchy clothes.

Great beginning. I love TR. We will be sailing on the Dream next year so I'll be soaking up all the info I can find. Thanks for taking the time to write all about it. Denise

Thanks for reading it!

Your family is so cute! Looking forward to more!

Thanks! And they are all Disney nuts, even DH.

Great photos! Cant' wait for our trip in 4 days

Wish I was going with you. :banana:

Apparently, no one.

Day 2 -

After a late night out (around midnight, late for us), we woke up late (9:30!) We slept so well on the comfy beds. I loved the bed, pillows, and comforter so much I wanted to use them to wrap up our room steward Nyooman and take them all home with us. But I worried Nyooman would suffocate in the fluffiness, so we decided against it.

We were in port at Nassau but figured we've been there, done that, let's stay on board. Apparently, so did everyone else. We ran up stairs (just a quick 3 flights up)to Cabanas for breakfast and ran right into a rare "HEY! This isn't magic!" moment. I thought Cabanas would be like the buffets on the Wonder and Magic. I was very wrong. When you walk in, you are seated like at a table service restaurant. They explain that it is similar to a buffet in that you go up and grab your food, but everything is at a station. So instead of waiting in one long line, you just go to the station you want to get food at. Well, that's not how the lines were. Some people waited in lines, others just jumped in at stations, others just tried to grab and go. It was mass chaos. I grabbed what I could but the Mickey Waffles just weren't worth the fight.

On a nice note, I really liked the theming at Cabanas. Here's a cool kite light.

IMG_1593.jpg

After scrounging up enough for a meal, DH headed to the kids club to drop DD5 off. DD11 took off with her compadres, as usual. DH and I had big plans. A couples massage at the spa. :love: One of my friends went with me to the spa to check in, but she wasn't up for the splurge. So she sat and waited with me for my DH. We got to sit in and listen to a nutrition expert talk about how horrible just about every type of food is, mostly the stuff we'd be eating on the cruise. I tried to go to my happy food place and block his healthy advice out. I'm still trying to get over the bad things he said about my beloved coffee. :surfweb:

Finally, my friend takes off and DH arrives. It's spa time! After changing into our robes, we head with our masseurs to one of the couples villas. We didn't get that package, I just think they like to dangle in your face what you could be getting for a mere few hundred dollars more. Our massages were relaxing and therapeutic at the same time. Those women can really wail on your muscles if you want it. :scared1: After an hour of pure pampering, it was time to go. We did ask the ladies about the villa. They said it included the massage, plus you'd get some sort of foot scrub on the balcony, time in the hot tub, fruit and something else. Since it didn't sound like we'd get "alone" time, DH said it wasn't worth the extra. :lmao:

Next we checked out the Rainforest room. But unlike on the Magic and Wonder, spa services on the Dream don't automatically come with time in the Rain Forest room, which was a disappointment. We could get a day pass for just $16, which we considered for later in the cruise. The Rainforest room has hot tubs on the balcony overlooking the water, saunas, showers, and those hot ceramic chairs.

The regular pool was out because it was way too crowded. Don't these people know we are in port and they should check out Nassau? The adult pool wasn't too bad, but it's mostly a place to sit not swim.

It was late, but we needed to grab a small bite to eat because we had big plans for dinner. It's Remy's night. :banana::banana::banana: We grabbed a few of the wraps from Flo's then picked up DD5 to spend some time with her.

Coming up next. Lots and lots of pictures from Remy's. Because I finally remembered to bring my darn camera somewhere!

Where did you get the Mickey Pirate heads for your shirts? Very cute.

I am truly enjoying reading your TR! I was also wondering the same thing about the shirts. They are too cool! Could you share, please? ;)

we are going in July...I can't wait. I'm enjoying reading about your adventures. Why did you pick Remy's instead of Palo?

Keep it up! :thumbsup2

I'm still trying to get over the bad things he said about my beloved coffee.
Drinking black coffee helps your metabolism...

Forget the crazy health nut. He probably tried to convince you that cardboard was high in fiber... :rolleyes:

P.S. - Bring on the photos!

Loving your trip report!! I'll be cruising on the Dream in October so I'm reading lots of trip reports. I love the new shower! Is that in all the rooms or just in the higher categories (we are in an inside stateroom)?

Kind of weird. I am so used to cruising on the Wonder and Magic (they feel like home) and am a little apprehensive about cruising on the Dream.

Where did you get the Mickey Pirate heads for your shirts? Very cute.

I am truly enjoying reading your TR! I was also wondering the same thing about the shirts. They are too cool! Could you share, please? ;)

I got a lot of compliments on those shirts from CM's and even Mickey himself. I had found them on Cafe Press, but when I went back to order some for my kids I couldn't find that design any more. But it wouldn't hurt to check there.

we are going in July...I can't wait. I'm enjoying reading about your adventures. Why did you pick Remy's instead of Palo?

Keep it up! :thumbsup2

We didn't have to choose. We did Remy's for dinner and Palo's for brunch on the 4 day. Then we did Palo's for dinner when we got back on for our 3 day.

Loving your trip report!! I'll be cruising on the Dream in October so I'm reading lots of trip reports. I love the new shower! Is that in all the rooms or just in the higher categories (we are in an inside stateroom)?

Kind of weird. I am so used to cruising on the Wonder and Magic (they feel like home) and am a little apprehensive about cruising on the Dream.

Those showers are not in the inside rooms. One family we traveled with had 5 people, so they got 2 inside cabins. The bathroom was just one room, rather than the split plan, with a regular type shower. I really loved the new one, it had a rain shower head straight above, a hand held shower head, or the bath faucet.

They had Mickey Waffles??/ I never saw them! Man!!!! :headache:
I never had a problem at Cabanas, but I went very early in the morning usually. I did see some would go in a line, but that buffet was so long, I would just dodge in and out. But again, it was never busy when I went either.

They had Mickey Waffles??/ I never saw them! Man!!!! :headache:
I never had a problem at Cabanas, but I went very early in the morning usually. I did see some would go in a line, but that buffet was so long, I would just dodge in and out. But again, it was never busy when I went either.

The waffles went fast. Maybe that's why the line was so long, there were actual waffles available.

Thanks SO much for your trip report! I love reading it! My family will be traveling on our first Disney cruise on the Dream in May...I'm SO excited!! It really helps to read the trip reports and the threads on this board. Keep up the great work...can't wait to hear about the rest of it!

When we packed for the cruise, I had read on the DIS that Remy's just required a dress shirt and tie. That was wrong. Luckily, DH called to double check. Apparently this is a common problem so they had some loaner jackets. He wasn't a fan of the idea, but he really wanted to go so he sucked it up. Our original reservations were for DH, me and my two girlfriends. But when he went to get the jacket they told him that all 6 of us could get in. Sounds great, right? Wrong. One family we were traveling with is in the middle of a divorce. Fun, fun, fun. Plus, my friends (hopefully soon to be ex) H is a vegetarian and would not enjoy anything at Remy's and would make comments to make it unenjoyable for all of us.

Our reservations at Remy's weren't until 7:30, so we decided to go to our regular dinner at Enchanted Garden to be with the kids. Let's just say, we realized we had made the right decision to not invite the H. At least we thought.

DD11 and her friends run off. We take DD5 to the club and my DH and I run up to the Meridian bar for a few pre-dinner drinks. This is where we met one of our favorite bartenders, Adriana. She was very sweet, from Brazil, and made a mean martini. Our other friends showed up and all we were waiting for was the one friend. Unfortunately, she was having a bad night and called us at the hostess stand to cancel. :sad2: She didn't want to be a fifth wheel. We were all very sad she wasn't coming, especially since she was the one who got us the reservation in the first place.

Finally we go in and get seated. We felt like little kids playing dress up because it was just so fancy.

IMG_1479.jpg

IMG_1478.jpg

IMG_1480.jpg

See the hidden Remy's?

IMG_1484.jpg

The menu is a chef's tasting menu. There were two different choices, Saveur or Gout. (Flavor or Taste.) Jerry, our wonderful waiter, explained all the courses and how the dinner worked. There are also some items a la carte. We decided to as couples try one of each and share. But we also added one of the a la carte items.

First, a waiter made a champagne cocktail tableside. It was very nice and refreshing. Then they came by where we got to choose a piece of bread. We were told not to worry, they would stop by often with more bread. The French rolls were of course amazing.

Next came the first course for everyone, ratatouille with an olive oil ice cream. Yummy!

IMG_1485.jpg

Next up was the official first course from our meals. I had the Langoustine Royal from the Saveur menu. It's a small baby lobster (think shrimp) in a creamy Caesar type sauce. Very good. Very small.
IMG_1488.jpg

DH had the smoked bison. He liked it, I didn't get to try it.

IMG_1487.jpg

2nd course Saveur - Declinaison Tomate or Tomato 4 Ways
Uh oh, I don't like tomatoes. And I was about to get it 4 ways.

Gazpacho with a red pepper thing in the middle
IMG_1490.jpg

Tomato Water - actually refreshing, like a V8 minus the thickness. Plus, Parmesan Foam with tomato sauce. Also very tasty.
IMG_1491.jpg

A tart with cherry tomatoes and some other stuff, eggplant maybe?
IMG_1492.jpg

DH likes tomatoes so he took most of that course from me and gave me his. I lucked out.
Lobster with vanilla bean foam

IMG_1489.jpg

Next up I had the Turbot Cotier. It was a lightly pan fried fish in a very good sauce.
IMG_1494.jpg

DH had a winner also with the Wild Loups De Mer or Sea Bass.
IMG_1493.jpg

In between all of these courses, we were also enjoying plenty of fresh bread. We also noticed a large cheese cart rolling around. Which we tracked for quite a while wondering when it would come to our table. I think we may have creeped the cheese guy out just a little. So I decided against photographing him for fear he would never bring those cheeses over. Also to note, we are about 2 hours into the meal about now.

We talked to Jerry about the restaurant. He said they only serve about 70 people a night and they do not turn over tables. Unlike other servers, the Remy crew doesn't have to work elsewhere on the ship either.

The next course was our fill in course we all ordered, the Alaskan King Crab. It was served in a crepe with caviar on top, some pretty flowers, and a white sauce. We all loved it. We were glad we added it to our courses.

IMG_1495.jpg

After this, it was time for the "main" course. I had the Pigeonneau. It was breast of pigeon baked in a puff pastry with foie gras and ham. Very interesting. It was a little bit gamey for my tastes, but an interesting experience.

IMG_1496.jpg

DH had Australian Wagyu beef. He loved it so much he didn't share. Nor did he even want me to take a picture, thus it is very blurry. I also quit using my flash because I was worried it was annoying the other patrons.

IMG_1497.jpg

Finally, the cheese table comes around. There were many different choices some looked and smelled amazing, one smelled and tasted like dirty feet. Not that I've tasted dirty feet, but I bet this is what it tasted like.

We are now entering hour 3. I knew it was too good to last. We got a call from DD11 saying she got a message on her wave phone that DD5 wanted to be picked up. :scared1: DH said he would go get her, missing out on dessert. Now here is the one thing that made me not so happy. They wouldn't pack up his dessert to go, even though we had just paid $75 a person for the meal. I hope they change that policy because I'm sure a lot of parents have trouble staying for the whole meal.

Dessert did come and I ended up with both DH's and mine.

His was Poached Pears.

Pretty and tasty but....

IMG_1498.jpg

Mine was better. It was a chocolate fondant cake with edible gold leaf and a spicy chocolate mousse.

IMG_1499.jpg

At the end of the meal, Jerry gave us a nice package to take back to our kids with homemade lollipops, some chocolates, and marshmallows. There was also a nice card and a box of chocolate from Remy's waiting back at our room when we got done to thank us for visiting. Overall, it was an amazing meal. I do think I'd try it again if the menu changes, because I would like to try new stuff. Maybe I'd do the a la carte instead. It was just a very nice experience and fun to be adventurous with my food.

IMG_1483.jpg

Next - Castaway Cay Day!

Your TR pics are making me hungry and we haven't had breakfast yet! You guys look amazing! :cheer2:

What a crazy meal experience!

All that plating and work... no wonder they only serve 70 tables! That's insane. As a former server, I don't think I'd like to work there and not have a turn-over!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter