The Disneymoon of My Dreams! **UPDATED 8/30/08!**

Great update!! You got so many wonderful surprises for your honeymoon. I wish I would have made it clearer that it was our honeymoon, but it's a little late for that now. :sad2:

That picture of you sleeping is just too cute! I'm glad y'all liked Fantasmic and those strawberries look GOOOOOOOD. I love chocolate covered strawberries.

Looks like it was a good day at HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS!! ;) I guess you can technically still say MGM, since it was MGM while you were there :thumbsup2 I won't tell on you :rolleyes1

Can't wait for the next upate!

Phew!
Managed to catch up on everything before work starts - REALLY enjoying your trip report and can't wait to read more!!!!!!!!!!

Joo xxx

I am soooo loving your trip report. You are doing an excellent job! can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip and all the pixie dust you experienced! You really are having a magical trip!

Congratualtions on your marriage!!

On a side note: Isn't it fun wearing the bridal ears! :goodvibes DH and I honeymooned at WDW as well and I loved wearing my ears!! We only wore our ears at night though since we went in August and it was way too hot to wear them during the day!!

Thanks for joining in! And another Disneymooner to boo! I love hearing that other people also went to WDW for their honeymoons so I don't feel like such a weirdo for dragging us there Where did you stay when you went? And I want to hear about your upcoming trip - what's the plan, Stan? Congrats on becoming DVC members!! I have a feeling that might be something we consider very seriously in the future if I continue on the Disney trend It would be lovely to think of WDW as a home away from home and to be able to give our kids experiences like your grandparents were able to give you! And how sweet that you get to take them there with you now!

We stayed at CBR when we went. (As young musicians, deluxe accomadations were not in the financial cards for us - especially since we got married right after I finished my master's at a very expensive conservatory.) But we absolutely LOVED our disneymoon - such a great time. Then, when we went for our fifth anniversary, we were both pretty much hooked on wanting to take regular trips, but weren't sure yet about DVC (financially speaking). But thanks to our very successful Christmas caroling business, DVC became a very real possibility - so we went for it!

I think I just might be motivated to do my own trip report now! We won't be going until July, though, so it's still a bit early! I'll have to start reading pre-trip reports to see how that all works! :laughing:

I'll be looking forward to your next update!

Subscribing!! You guys are so cute, and your wedding looked beautiful!

YAY for disneymooners!!! I didn't realize there were so many of us, but judging from your readers WOW!!!

And all I can say is WOW! about your view. That is AMAZING. I'm totally jealous.

I love this TR, I kinda skimmed through it quickly but it is awesome and I can't wait to read more!!

Great update!! You got so many wonderful surprises for your honeymoon. I wish I would have made it clearer that it was our honeymoon, but it's a little late for that now. :sad2:

That picture of you sleeping is just too cute! I'm glad y'all liked Fantasmic and those strawberries look GOOOOOOOD. I love chocolate covered strawberries.

Looks like it was a good day at HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS!! ;) I guess you can technically still say MGM, since it was MGM while you were there :thumbsup2 I won't tell on you :rolleyes1

Can't wait for the next upate!

It really was so Disney and magical that they added those little bits of pixie dust to make our honeymoon feel truly special! :goodvibes But I guess there's no better way for everyone to know it's your honeymoon than by wearing huge bridal Minne ears and a pin! :lmao: Maybe you should wear the bridal ears for an anniversary trip! :thumbsup2 Oh, and somehow Disney really has the most amaaaazing strawberries - so often those big strawberries aren't sweet, but all the strawberries we had all week were super sweet and tasty! Yummy, I'm drooling just remembering! And thanks for turning a blind eye to my MGM use ;) I guess I'll just have to go back again now to see how Hollywood Studios differs from Disney-MGM! :laughing:

Phew!
Managed to catch up on everything before work starts - REALLY enjoying your trip report and can't wait to read more!!!!!!!!!!

Joo xxx

Thanks for reading along! Stick around, I'm working on the next installment! :thumbsup2

I am soooo loving your trip report. You are doing an excellent job! can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip and all the pixie dust you experienced! You really are having a magical trip!

Congratualtions on your marriage!!

On a side note: Isn't it fun wearing the bridal ears! :goodvibes DH and I honeymooned at WDW as well and I loved wearing my ears!! We only wore our ears at night though since we went in August and it was way too hot to wear them during the day!!

Thanks for the props! :thumbsup2 It's just so much fun to share all these great memories and even better that others can enjoy along with me! :goodvibes And the ears really are fantastic, but I agree that it's tough wearing them during the days in August - I tried my best to keep them on, but when I succeeded, it was at the expense of looking good as I dripped sweat everywhere and looked super-shiny!! :lmao: And congratulations to you too, fellow Disneymooner! :)

Loving your report so far, looking foward to reading more!!

Thanks for stopping by! Keep reading - I'm hoping to post the next segment soon!

We stayed at CBR when we went. (As young musicians, deluxe accomadations were not in the financial cards for us - especially since we got married right after I finished my master's at a very expensive conservatory.) But we absolutely LOVED our disneymoon - such a great time. Then, when we went for our fifth anniversary, we were both pretty much hooked on wanting to take regular trips, but weren't sure yet about DVC (financially speaking). But thanks to our very successful Christmas caroling business, DVC became a very real possibility - so we went for it!

I think I just might be motivated to do my own trip report now! We won't be going until July, though, so it's still a bit early! I'll have to start reading pre-trip reports to see how that all works! :laughing:

I'll be looking forward to your next update!

Ooo, I'm thinking of CBR for our next trip (whenever that may be!). I think after our honeymoon splurge and trying to save up for a house and kids over the next few years, deluxe will be out of our range for a while too! :laughing: Maybe someday we'll be DVC too...what is this caroling business and how does one go about it?? ;)

You should do a pre-trippie! Okay, maybe it's a *little* too early right now, but I regret not doing a pre-trippie to share all the excitement and anticipation that builds up to the trip - that's some of the best part of the trip! :rotfl:

Subscribing!! You guys are so cute, and your wedding looked beautiful!

YAY for disneymooners!!! I didn't realize there were so many of us, but judging from your readers WOW!!!

And all I can say is WOW! about your view. That is AMAZING. I'm totally jealous.

I love this TR, I kinda skimmed through it quickly but it is awesome and I can't wait to read more!!

Thanks for subbing!:goodvibes I know, it's crazy how many Disneymooners there are, no? Who would've thought so many other people were smart like us! :rotfl: And the view really was everything I dreamed it would be - for months while I dreamed of and imagined what our wedding and honeymoon would be like, I had this image of sitting up in bed in the morning and seeing Cinderella's castle, and it really was like that! :cloud9: Who knows when I'll ever have another view like that, but I definitely recommend it as a once in a lifetime experience :goodvibes

Please tell us you sat and watched Wishes at least once from that gorgeous balcony!

Oh, don't worry! More than once!! :thumbsup2

Stick around - next installment should be up before the weekend!

It really was so Disney and magical that they added those little bits of pixie dust to make our honeymoon feel truly special! :goodvibes But I guess there's no better way for everyone to know it's your honeymoon than by wearing huge bridal Minne ears and a pin! :lmao: Maybe you should wear the bridal ears for an anniversary trip! :thumbsup2 Oh, and somehow Disney really has the most amaaaazing strawberries - so often those big strawberries aren't sweet, but all the strawberries we had all week were super sweet and tasty! Yummy, I'm drooling just remembering! And thanks for turning a blind eye to my MGM use ;) I guess I'll just have to go back again now to see how Hollywood Studios differs from Disney-MGM! :laughing:

You're making me want chocolate covered strawberries SO bad! It's crazy that they can have them so sweet when they're not even in season.
Can't wait for the next update. How many days do you have left? I haven't been keeping count lol.
Check out my pre-TR if you ever get time!

You're making me want chocolate covered strawberries SO bad! It's crazy that they can have them so sweet when they're not even in season.
Can't wait for the next update. How many days do you have left? I haven't been keeping count lol.
Check out my pre-TR if you ever get time!

Let's see...MGM (ahem, Hollywood Studios!) was Day 3 and in total there are 9 days, so that leaves 6 more days! :cool1: Well, that last day is a travel day, so really 5 more days.

I stopped by your pre-trippie and it's great! I'll go back and "leave my mark" though :rotfl:

I'm loving your trip report so far!! Sounds like you had a great time...my parents just went in Oct. for their 25th wedding anniversary (they didn't go for their honeymoon though) and had a fantastic time.

As for the college-age kids you saw, they were interns from one of the big accounting firms (a few of my friends were lucky enough to get to go!)

Just found your trip report. I am really enjoying it so far! Back to reading...I'm on page 4!

Just found your trip report. Loving it so far. DH and I got married Aug 14 2004. DH and I had the opposite Honeymoon dilemas as you and your DH. I REALLY wanted to have a disneymoon. DH not soo much. So we decided between hawaii and St lucia..ended up choosing ST Lucia...because we wanted to relax on our honeymoon and just lay on the beach and we felt that if we went to hawaii that we would want to do a lot of tourist stuff since neither one of us has been there. Let me tell you we :love: ST lucia...it was soo tropical...relaxing and very romantic.
But now reading your trip report...staying at GF...I had to go and do a week cost for GF castle view with DPP for a week...and it matches about what we paid for one week in ST lucia....so I am thinking maybe 10 year anniversary at GF...but by then we will probably have kids...probably hard to go on an anniversary trip to WDW and not take your kids.
Though we just went in Sept to celebrate our third anniversary. Maybe you and your DH should go to St Lucia for your 3rd...hahahah

I'm not sure if anybody's still following along, but I promise to get the next installment out sometime this week! My computer at home died so I've only had a work computer for internet access, hence no updates :( But we ordered a new computer this weekend and it's set to arrive tomorrow! :woohoo: I've got the pictures loaded already so I just need to get inspired with some narrative, but that should be okay as I'm never at a loss for words :laughing: Sorry for the delay and I hope you'll all stay with me!

I'm loving your trip report so far!! Sounds like you had a great time...my parents just went in Oct. for their 25th wedding anniversary (they didn't go for their honeymoon though) and had a fantastic time.

As for the college-age kids you saw, they were interns from one of the big accounting firms (a few of my friends were lucky enough to get to go!)

Thanks!! :goodvibes Lucky parents! :thumbsup2

And you're right, it was definitely some accounting firm like Ernst&Young or soemthing...and I remember thinking I wish I had taken a summer job like that when I was in college!! :rotfl:

Just found your trip report. I am really enjoying it so far! Back to reading...I'm on page 4!

Thanks for reading! :goodvibes I'm hoping to have more posted this week!

Just found your trip report. Loving it so far. DH and I got married Aug 14 2004. DH and I had the opposite Honeymoon dilemas as you and your DH. I REALLY wanted to have a disneymoon. DH not soo much. So we decided between hawaii and St lucia..ended up choosing ST Lucia...because we wanted to relax on our honeymoon and just lay on the beach and we felt that if we went to hawaii that we would want to do a lot of tourist stuff since neither one of us has been there. Let me tell you we :love: ST lucia...it was soo tropical...relaxing and very romantic.
But now reading your trip report...staying at GF...I had to go and do a week cost for GF castle view with DPP for a week...and it matches about what we paid for one week in ST lucia....so I am thinking maybe 10 year anniversary at GF...but by then we will probably have kids...probably hard to go on an anniversary trip to WDW and not take your kids.
Though we just went in Sept to celebrate our third anniversary. Maybe you and your DH should go to St Lucia for your 3rd...hahahah

I'm sure I won't have a problem selling St. Lucia to DH for a 10th anniversary trip since that's where he wanted to go in the first place :rotfl: I think in the end, your honeymoon is your honeymoon so it's amazing no matter where you go! But that doesn't mean you can't use an anniversary as an excuse to go where you didn't go for your honeymoon :lmao:

Hope you got your computer fixed, or maybe bought a new one, looking forward to the rest of your TR.

I am working on the next installment right now! I just need to get a couple pictures off the other computer and I'll be ready to post later today, I promise! :thumbsup2

Hope there's still at least one person out there who's interested!:goodvibes

I'm still here as well - can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip!

Just found your thread. Im taking my fiance on his first trip in hopefully september, and i've greatly enjoyed reading about your couples only trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter