• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Disneymoon of My Dreams! **UPDATED 8/30/08!**

I just found your trip report! You look like you are having so much fun! Awesome view upgrade too! I am so glad you got it! :goodvibes

I just found your trip report, and I'm hooked! I can't wait for the next installment! It's getting me so excited about my own disneymoon this summer. :)

I am definitely subscribing to this! I have sat here reading this and am so caught up in the magic of your honeymoon!! I look forward to reading more!!

Great TR. I am a lot like Tigger. The main thing I remember from my first trip is Figment. I recently found my Figment piggy bank that says "EPCOT Center" on it.

It's funny, I vaguely remember Figment from growing up, but always thought he was sort of a weird character and didn't understand what he was or anything...But I can totally relate to the feelings associated with that first character interaction. One of my first memories of Disney World was meeting Donald Duck when I was 4 and being totally fascinated (I love the pictures of it, they're so funny!). Anyways, keep that Figment piggy bank safe - it's probably a collectible now! :rotfl:

Oh my goodness....I love that dinner picture. That is too funny and yes, very romantic! :rotfl: You guys remind me of our friends back home in Atlanta. I'm just loving your trip report. Can't wait to read about TL and Artist Pointe (they are both on our list of to-do's for our upcoming trip).

Yeah, we're not exactly the most dainty eaters! :lmao: But what's the point of going somewhere fun like that and not enjoying ourselves, right? :) Thanks for reading along, I love getting all the feedback :goodvibes I'm going to load the pictures tonight and hopefully write up the next installment this weekend, so check back!

I just found your trip report! You look like you are having so much fun! Awesome view upgrade too! I am so glad you got it! :goodvibes

Thanks for stopping by! :goodvibes The room really was amaaaazing and exactly what I had dreamed about for months and months! It was like a dream come true to wake up in the mornings, sit up, and just see Cinderella's castle right away :cloud9:

Awe I hope my DIS HM is as fun as yours was!

Honestly, a honeymoon is such an exciting and happy moment in your life that I think it's a fun time no matter what happens :lovestruc Not everything went according to our plans (not by a longshot!), but I think we were just so happy that we approached everything with a positive attitude and things worked themselves out just fine :) So trust that you will have an amazing and fabulous time! :hug:

I just found your trip report, and I'm hooked! I can't wait for the next installment! It's getting me so excited about my own disneymoon this summer. :)

Thanks for reading along! You'll have such a great time on your Disneymoon - I mean, how could you not have a spectacular time at the happiest place on earth with the one you love most?!? :rotfl: When are you going? Do you have everything planned out already? :yay:

I am definitely subscribing to this! I have sat here reading this and am so caught up in the magic of your honeymoon!! I look forward to reading more!!

Aww, thanks! :goodvibes It really did feel like a magical week to us even though I'm sure we just looked spectacularly silly to the rest of the world :rotfl: DH and I were just sitting here talking about it as I was showing him the TR so far and we agree it really was the most blissful and happy week of our lives :cloud9: I'm hoping to get the next installment up this weekend, so check back!

Thanks for reading along! You'll have such a great time on your Disneymoon - I mean, how could you not have a spectacular time at the happiest place on earth with the one you love most?!? :rotfl: When are you going? Do you have everything planned out already? :yay:

We're going July 31-August 7, which includes a Disney cruise. I think there's a link to my lonely :-)rotfl: ) PTR in my siggy. We've got so much planned, all ADR's already made, basic itinerary laid out... and nowhere near enough time to just relax!

I really enjoyed seeing your photos! We just made an unplanned visit to Disney World in February, and I already miss it!!
Jan
pirate:

Ok; so I grabbed my glass of wine hoping to see more TR to read. Where'd ya go? :confused3 Can't wait to read more.

We're going July 31-August 7, which includes a Disney cruise. I think there's a link to my lonely :-)rotfl: ) PTR in my siggy. We've got so much planned, all ADR's already made, basic itinerary laid out... and nowhere near enough time to just relax!

I know - planning everything is half the fun so we end up planning everything to the minute, but then realize all those plans might actually get a little stressful! :lmao: But, at the end of the day, it's DISNEY, so it's always fun no matter what :)

Loving it.

Thanks! :goodvibes

I just found your TR and am hooked. I've been reading for the last hour.:thumbsup2

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for reading! :thumbsup2 It's a lot of fun to write and it's an added bonus if other people can enjoy too! :goodvibes

I really enjoyed seeing your photos! We just made an unplanned visit to Disney World in February, and I already miss it!!
Jan
pirate:

Oooo, I'm so envious you got an unplanned trip in! Sometimes, I can't decide if I'd like a last-minute trip or not - I really enjoying the anticipation that leads up to a trip, but there would also be something so fun about just deciding to go and then going! Oh well, but here's to hoping you have another trip soon! :wizard:

Ok; so I grabbed my glass of wine hoping to see more TR to read. Where'd ya go? :confused3 Can't wait to read more.

I'm still here! :rolleyes1 I'm working on the next day right now so it should be up tonight! Stick with me! :hug:

Extra Installment!

I forgot I got the Photopass CD so I just loaded it up and I’ll add in some photos from the first few days here!

image01.jpg

image30.jpg

image45.jpg

image43.jpg

image65.jpg

image76.jpg

image82.jpg

image84.jpg

image86.jpg

image89.jpg

image96.jpg

Day 5, Part I – August 16, 2007

The morning dawned bright, sunny and *hot*, but that wasn’t any worry to us because we were off to Typhoon Lagoon this morning! I should perhaps preface this day by saying that it was really DH that wanted to go to the water parks on this trip – I was not really onboard with the water park plan at all, but I figured since it was his honeymoon as well, I’d let him pick a few things to do too! :lmao:

Anyhow, by way of explanation, I have never been that big a fan of water parks because growing up, my mother always said the kids all peed in the water so the parks were really dirty. Eeww! :eek:

As if that weren’t unpleasant enough to think about, I had a really traumatic experience one of the few times we went. We went to Action Park in Pennsylvania when I was maybe 7 or 8 and I was going down one of the slides, but the person at the top told the folks behind me to go too soon, so they caught up to me toward the end of the slide. They were this really really large couple and when we got to the pool at the bottom, they both landed on top of me and pinned me down to the bottom of the pool. I got pretty frantic but the people just kept laughing and wouldn’t get up and I really thought I was going to drown! Finally they got up, but the damage was pretty much done – no more water parks for me! :sad2: Not to mention I had a huge gash in my leg and was black and blue all over my legs from the force of the impact when they slammed me into the bottom of the pool. Even worse, they didn't even acknowledge that they had totally crushed me underneath them and not even the lifeguards seemed to notice that I had been underwater for maybe thirty seconds thrashing around. It was really awful and totally scared me to death! :eek: Soooo, this is all to explain that I was not a very big fan of water parks, but I agreed to give Typhoon Lagoon a shot for Tigger’s sake! :hug:

So we got there and headed straight for the lockers. Unfortunately, we put pretty much everything in storage, including our camera, so I didn’t get any pictures except for the photopass ones. After looking at the map and figuring out which rides we wanted to ride, we headed first for Crush ‘N Gusher. I was so impressed with the layout of the park, how clean it was, and how amazing the assortment of foliage was!!! :lovestruc I also loved all the pools around with the sand beaches and lounge chairs – it really felt like we were on a tropical island somewhere!

Anyways, we got to Crush ‘N Gusher and it was…AWESOME!!! :thumbsup2 I was pretty nervous waiting in line because some of the drops looked pretty steep and I’m a bit of a scaredy cat, but after we went once, I was hooked! We loved it so much that we decided we had to try each of the three different runs. So much fun!!! Here are the photopass results from one of the trips down:

image169.jpg

image174.jpg

image170.jpg

image173.jpg

My only word of warning is that my butt went through the hole in the tube a few times and got scraped up a little on a few of the downhill runs, so try and keep your butt up if you can! :lmao:

After the Crush ‘N Gusher action, we opted for a slow ride on Castaway Creek to get around to the other side where some of the other rides were. I looooved floating along on the river, it was so relaxing and we could just chat away while enjoying the cool water, the tropical foliage, and the warmth of the sun. :cloud9:

But soon it was time to disembark and make our way over to the raft rides. I have to say, the lines for these were *ridiculously* long and it got pretty unbearable standing under the beating sun with no shade and nowhere to hide. At some points, they provided misting water which helped, but I could feel the sunburn creeping up! Luckily we had slathered on the sunscreen in the locker rooms and made it through without any noticeable burning! :woohoo: Anyways, after all the waiting, the raft rides were pretty fun, but waaaay too short. I was so disappointed that they didn’t go on longer – I think Gang Plank Falls was the greatest disappointment because it felt like it was over in two seconds and it wasn’t even that much fun! Oh well…overall, still tons of fun!

So after the raft rides, we jumped back into the creek and floated along over toward the Shark Reef to take a peek – it looked a little bit gross though and it smelled sort of bad in the area of the “shipwreck,” so DH and I opted to just settle for the peek and then meandered away to find some lunch. We found Typhoon Tilly’s and ordered some burgers and fries with our dining plan points, and they even let us go back afterward to get our dessert so that it didn’t melt while we ate! :cool1: By this point, all the sun and fun had us a little beat, so we decided to just swing by Crush ‘N Gusher one more time before heading out. We really really loved Crush ‘N Gusher, can you tell? :rotfl:

Anyways, so we headed back toward the lockers and rinsed and dried off with the rental towels and headed out of the park. All in all, I have to say I did a 180 degree turn-around on water parks after Typhoon Lagoon! I loved it and was so happy we were able to experience it. It was so relaxing and fun, yet still so Disney…I should have trusted that Disney would do a great job in all of its parks, even the water parks!

Up next: Dinner at Artist Point and an evening at Downtown Disney!

I just found your TR report yesterday and I subscribed. I shared it with my husband last night who seemed to enjoy it too...although maybe not as much as me. I may live to regret sharing it because I have always wanted to stay at GR but after seeing the room pictures he commented that they were girly.

We just got married last year as well. We didn't go to Disney for our honeymoon we have been there many times together and love it. In fact, we were just there a couple of weeks ago, and I miss it already. We stayed at Poly, it is wonderful. I would recommend it for your next trip.

Can't wait to hear more.

Ok, so your neck was burned by the curling iron and now your butt was scraped from C&G. Hopefully these are the only injuries you encountered. LOL!! Your photopass pictures turned out great. So, did you carry your pass around all day or do they do it differently in the water parks?

Awww, I loved the shark reef!! My DD loved it and she was only 6 and we went twice. I think ur DH would've liked it. There's always next time!:LOL:

Yay! I just found your trip report, and love it!! I just read the whole thing in one sitting! :surfweb:

I love your cute bag - and I love your baggy pants on your arrival day, too! They look like great traveling pants!

Also, I love that your spelling and punctuation is absolutely perfect! I'm a teacher, so I notice these things! I don't mean to, but I do! :rolleyes1

Anyway, can't wait to hear about the rest of your honeymoon adventures! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter