• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Disneymoon of My Dreams! **UPDATED 8/30/08!**

ahh, you go away for a week and you miss so much!!
I'm so glad you are now a water park lover :goodvibes The Crush 'N Gusher is sooo much fun, it's definitely a favorite of DH and myself, and Castaway Creek, I could just stay there all day:lovestruc Did you try the wave pool, that is our favorite part of Typhoon Lagoon, we get in the pool and scream along with all the crazy kids, so much fun!!
I'm really enjoying your trip report, can't wait for more. Thanks for writing it!!!:goodvibes

I've been a very bad DISer! But I have a good excuse - I was working a lot of hours before going on vacation and on vacation we went to...Disneyland Hong Kong!! I took a ton of pictures and will include those here as a mini-trip report at the end, so I hope you will all forgive me for being so MIA.

I hope to have the next installment up this week!! :goodvibes

I've been a very bad DISer! But I have a good excuse - I was working a lot of hours before going on vacation and on vacation we went to...Disneyland Hong Kong!! I took a ton of pictures and will include those here as a mini-trip report at the end, so I hope you will all forgive me for being so MIA.

I hope to have the next installment up this week!! :goodvibes

I've been wondering where you went!! Disneyland Hong Kong?? That sounds really exciting! I can't wait to see the pictures :thumbsup2

I just found your trip report and so enjoyed reading it so far!!!
You are such a cutie patootie and you and your DH make such a charming couple!!
Your pictures are fantastic!!
You go girl! I am so glad you asked for a different room!! The second one is SO much nicer!!
Enjoying your reviews and can't wait to read more!!

YAY...That you got over your fear for your husband!! I am so happy for you two! It looks like you had a lot of fun!1

Boy was he happy that I conquered my water park fear! We'll definitely go back next time we're at WDW. I just can't believe how clean and well-kept the water parks are!?!

I just found your TR report yesterday and I subscribed. I shared it with my husband last night who seemed to enjoy it too...although maybe not as much as me. I may live to regret sharing it because I have always wanted to stay at GR but after seeing the room pictures he commented that they were girly.

We just got married last year as well. We didn't go to Disney for our honeymoon we have been there many times together and love it. In fact, we were just there a couple of weeks ago, and I miss it already. We stayed at Poly, it is wonderful. I would recommend it for your next trip.

Can't wait to hear more.

:lmao: I'm not surprised that your DH wasn't as excited about the rooms at the GF - it also took a bit of persuading to get my DH to agree after he saw pictures! :rotfl: But he did think it was very nice once we got there! Congrats on your wedding as well!!:goodvibes Ooo...I can't wait to stay at Poly. I'm not sure when that'll be, but I know that DH insists that the first time we ever go to WDW with kids, we have to stay at the Poly because that's where he stayed the first time he went. Awww...boys do have sentimental sides to them after all :lovestruc

LOVE your photopass pictures!!!

Thanks! :goodvibes I was happy to have at least some photos of the two of us together that weren't taken at arm's length! :lmao:

What a great TR so far!! The pics are wonderful...
Patiently :rolleyes1 waiting for more popcorn:: !!!

Thanks for reading along!! :goodvibes But I'm guessing you're not quite so patient anymore! :eek: I'm working on the next installment, I promise! And I'm going to post my Disneyland Hong Kong pictures in the meantime, so check back!

Ok, so your neck was burned by the curling iron and now your butt was scraped from C&G. Hopefully these are the only injuries you encountered. LOL!! Your photopass pictures turned out great. So, did you carry your pass around all day or do they do it differently in the water parks?

I know, it was quite the dangerous trip! So many injuries!! :rotfl: I was really happy with the photopass pictures and I'm glad they offer it as an option - after the first photo, we received a card that they used to scan for each photo afterwards. At the water parks, it works a little differently because they just throw you a waterproof pass on a bracelet after they've taken a photo of you. They don't always take a photo of you, but if they manage to catch a photo of you, they'll toss the photopass bracelet to you. I thought that was a pretty cool feature of the water parks!

Awww, I loved the shark reef!! My DD loved it and she was only 6 and we went twice. I think ur DH would've liked it. There's always next time!:LOL:

I think next time we won't be so rushed going through the parks that maybe we'll have time! Thanks for the recommendation!

Yay! I just found your trip report, and love it!! I just read the whole thing in one sitting! :surfweb:

I love your cute bag - and I love your baggy pants on your arrival day, too! They look like great traveling pants!

Also, I love that your spelling and punctuation is absolutely perfect! I'm a teacher, so I notice these things! I don't mean to, but I do! :rolleyes1

Anyway, can't wait to hear about the rest of your honeymoon adventures! :banana:

Thanks for reading along! I loved my bag too - it worked absolutely perfectly for the trip! I could carry everything in it, but it was never too heavy or too big. And those pants are my favorite! They're linen and sooo comfy without being too unkempt :) Oh, and thank you for the compliment about my spelling and punctuation! :goodvibes I guess those grammar lessons my mom insisted on when I was in middle school really paid off! Stay tuned for the next installment!

Lovin' your reports, can't wait for more!:thumbsup2

Thanks for reading along!!

ahh, you go away for a week and you miss so much!!
I'm so glad you are now a water park lover :goodvibes The Crush 'N Gusher is sooo much fun, it's definitely a favorite of DH and myself, and Castaway Creek, I could just stay there all day:lovestruc Did you try the wave pool, that is our favorite part of Typhoon Lagoon, we get in the pool and scream along with all the crazy kids, so much fun!!
I'm really enjoying your trip report, can't wait for more. Thanks for writing it!!!:goodvibes

I was bummed that we didn't make time to try the wave pool, but it's a good excuse to go back! :lmao: And I guess while we're there, we'll just have to ride the Crush 'n Gusher again! :thumbsup2 Thanks for reading along and check back soon!

I've been wondering where you went!! Disneyland Hong Kong?? That sounds really exciting! I can't wait to see the pictures :thumbsup2

Your wish is my command! I'm going to post the Disneyland HK pictures tonight while I work on my next installment. Thanks for sticking with me! :goodvibes

I just found your trip report and so enjoyed reading it so far!!!
You are such a cutie patootie and you and your DH make such a charming couple!!
Your pictures are fantastic!!
You go girl! I am so glad you asked for a different room!! The second one is SO much nicer!!
Enjoying your reviews and can't wait to read more!!

Thanks for reading along!! And I'm so glad I asked for a different room too - it was totally worth it to wake up to that magnificient view every morning! :thumbsup2

So I'll post some photos from our recent trip to Disneyland Hong Kong while I work on my next installment. :) I'm going to put up a bunch of pictures with not too much narrative if that's alright!

A brief intro to the cast of characters -
You know me and DH already, and then there's my DSis (34) and my DMom. We were on vacation in Hong Kong and of course I insisted we visit Disneyland! We went on a Monday (6/2) and since the park is so small, we arrived in the early afternoon, around 1:00pm.

It's so easy to get to HK Disneyland. You can buy the tickets at the subway station in central Hong Kong, and then you just take the subway out and change lines to a special Disneyland line.

Here's my DSis (making mouse ears!) and my DMom buying their tickets:

IMG_3438.jpg

And here's DH getting excited to get on the train:

IMG_3439.jpg

Here's the special Disneyland line train you switch to:

IMG_3440.jpg

IMG_3441.jpg

Notice the "peace" sign? We decided to go along with the local fashion of flashing the peace sign in a lot of our photos...it gave us a good laugh! :lmao:

More photos of the train:

IMG_3442.jpg

IMG_3443.jpg

IMG_3444.jpg

And in about 20 minutes, you arrive at the special Disneyland station which is absolutely beautiful!

IMG_3445.jpg

IMG_3446.jpg

You take the escalator up and are greeted by this:

IMG_3447.jpg

I spotted this lady with a Stitch umbrella walking by and thought it was really cute!

IMG_3448.jpg

As you get closer to the main entrance, there's a cute fountain with Mickey surfing with the water going up and down. Here's DH trying to surf like Mickey!

IMG_3449.jpg

Soon you're greeted with this!

IMG_3452.jpg

IMG_3453.jpg

IMG_3454.jpg

IMG_3455.jpg

IMG_3456.jpg

Yipee! To be continued in the next post...

Awww! Wow! I'm so speechless! I can't believe you got to go to DL HK. That is so awesome!

Please update some more!! I've always wanted to go there. I love how they have the same quote up front in both languages! It looks so pretty.

Can't wait for mmore!!!popcorn::

I've been missing you! Love the Disney train with Mickey windows!

Awww...it feels good to be missed! :goodvibes Hopefully I'm back in full swing now! And I have to say, the Disney train was really neat - Disney really knows how to transport you away from the everyday! As soon as we got on the train, I started bouncing around like a little kid :yay:

Awww! Wow! I'm so speechless! I can't believe you got to go to DL HK. That is so awesome!

Please update some more!! I've always wanted to go there. I love how they have the same quote up front in both languages! It looks so pretty.

Can't wait for mmore!!!popcorn::

It was really just lucky that we were able to fit in DL HK and I'm so happy we could! DH was pretty tired of traveling by this point (we had been traveling in southeast Asia for over a week already) and would've been happy to skip it, but I'm glad we made it!! Oh, and I made it a point to snap that sign with the saying because I thought it was so neat that it was in both English and Chinese - haven't seen that before! :lmao:

I'm posting more pics in a few, but may not get through all of them tonight - turns out I took a lot for such a short jaunt! :laughing:

So we entered the land of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy and saw this:

IMG_3457.jpg

IMG_3459.jpg

IMG_3460.jpg

I have to point out at this time that DH was NOT happy with me that I had purchased a lavendar umbrella earlier in the trip and then proceeded to make him carry it the whole time - he felt it was not quite manly enough :rotfl2: He was a good sport about it, though, and eventually even broke into a little purple umbrella dance to make light of his unfortunate situation! :rotfl:

More shots walking down Main Street:

IMG_3464.jpg

IMG_3468.jpg

I should add here that DH went to dental school (although he isn't a practicing dentist), so he asked for these shots!

IMG_3466.jpg

IMG_3467.jpg

We got to the hub and decided to take a right into Tomorrowland where DH was dying to play some Buzz Lightyear!

IMG_3469.jpg

IMG_3470.jpg

IMG_3472.jpg

To infinity and beyond!

IMG_3471.jpg

After Buzz Lightyear, we happened to see this!

IMG_3473.jpg

Here are some other shots from Tomorrowland:

IMG_3475.jpg

IMG_3474.jpg

IMG_3476.jpg

We went on Space Mountain after Buzz Lightyear and that was, I have to say, pretty awesome! :thumbsup2 Maybe because it's so new, but it was fast and intense and smooth compared to Space Mountain in WDW! Unfortunately, DMom didn't handle Space Mountain so well, so we had to sit for a while until she felt better :(

Luckily, the afternoon parade started right around then and it was a really "cool" parade unlike any I've seen before! I'll post pics of the parade in the next post...

I have to say how jealous I am of you going to Hong Kong Disneyland! It looks so fun and I am glad that you two had a great time. Can't wait to see more.

I have to say how jealous I am of you going to Hong Kong Disneyland! It looks so fun and I am glad that you two had a great time. Can't wait to see more.

It was fun to get a little dose of Disney since I don't have any WDW trips planned in the near future, but don't be too jealous because it really doesn't compare to WDW! :goodvibes I'm going to try and post more tonight, so stay tuned!

The parade began and boy were we surprised when we started feeling drops of water! The parade route was lined with banners stating that "you will get wet"! The various figures in the parade all shot out water. Take a look:

IMG_3482.jpg

IMG_3483.jpg

IMG_3485.jpg

IMG_3486.jpg

IMG_3487.jpg

IMG_3489.jpg

IMG_3491.jpg

This is how DSis and DH had to watch the parade!

IMG_3492.jpg

After the parade, DMom was feeling better so we headed over toward Adventureland.

IMG_3496.jpg

We saw Tarzan's House, but didn't go visit because you have to take a raft across the water to reach it:

IMG_3497.jpg

IMG_3498.jpg

IMG_3499.jpg

Next, we went to ride Jungle Cruise and there were three different lines, which was an interesting twist: Cantonese, Mandarin, and English. We got in the English line and had to wait the longest of all the lines! The narrative is nothing like what you get in WDW - no jokes, just a straightforward sort of narration. Some shots from Jungle Cruise:

IMG_3501.jpg

IMG_3502.jpg

IMG_3503.jpg

The coolest part is toward the end where there's actually fire that erupts out of a skull-like cave!

IMG_3504.jpg

IMG_3505.jpg

Next up: Fantasyland!

Oy, I'm just an inconsistent poster, aren't I? :sad2: Work has just been killing me this month, so I won't promise to be more consistent, but I'll try!! :goodvibes

So last I left off, we were on our way to Fantasyland:

IMG_3507.jpg

IMG_3508.jpg

By this point, it was time for some Mickey bars!!

IMG_3510.jpg

Then it was time for some Philharmagic - the building was soo different with this very Snow White-cottage look, but it was absolutely adorable!

IMG_3511.jpg

IMG_3512.jpg

IMG_3513.jpg

IMG_3514.jpg

IMG_3518.jpg

After Philharmagic, we walked across Fantasyland toward Small World and saw this:

IMG_3519.jpg

Then we got to Small World:

IMG_3521.jpg

IMG_3522.jpg

IMG_3527.jpg

IMG_3528.jpg

IMG_3529.jpg

IMG_3531.jpg

We left Small World and it was starting to pour rain, so DH and I ran toward Adventures of Pooh while DMom and DSis ran for cover in one of the stores.

To be continued in next post...

Here's a drenched DH getting on Pooh:

IMG_3534.jpg

When we came out, the scene was wet and dreary:

IMG_3535.jpg

IMG_3536.jpg

IMG_3539.jpg

We popped into a store on Main Street where I bought some candy and DSis found some cookies:

IMG_3540.jpg

IMG_3541.jpg

We also saw Mickey and Minnie decked out in traditional Chinese wedding outfits!

IMG_3542.jpg

We left the store to go toward the Starlight Diner in Tomorrowland:

IMG_3543.jpg

DSis and I both got the hamburgers which were just *awful* while DMom and DH were smart and shared the fried chicken basket:

IMG_3547.jpg

This was over the counter area at the diner:

IMG_3549.jpg

After dinner, it was still pouring rain so we headed toward Buzz Lightyear:

IMG_3538.jpg

IMG_3548.jpg

By this point, we were pretty tired of all the rain and figured there may not be fireworks, so we headed toward the exit. I got a few shots of the station on the way out:

IMG_3550.jpg

IMG_3554.jpg

IMG_3556.jpg

IMG_3557.jpg

And finally, exhausted but happy on our way home:

IMG_3560.jpg

Up next: I'm back on with the Disneymoon TR which I hope to have finished before our one-year anniversary!! I can't believe it's taken me so long!! :eek:

Wow your trip looked fantastic, how long did you go to Hong Kong for?

Thanks for posting all the pics!! It's so nice to see how the other parks look:goodvibes I too LOVE the disney train!!!

Too bad it rained and you missed the fireworks, but at least you had a good day. You seemed to be able to do a lot of the attractions, is Hong Kong not busy??

Your anniversary will be here so soon!!:lovestruc Happy early anniversary, in case I forget;) Any special plans, I vote for an anniversary trip to WDW!!! DH and i went for our first anniversary and had a better time than we did on our honeymoon, we weren't exhausted from all the wedding planning, I think that made a big difference!!

Can't wait for another post, I hope your work calms down!

Wow your trip looked fantastic, how long did you go to Hong Kong for?

Thanks for posting all the pics!! It's so nice to see how the other parks look:goodvibes I too LOVE the disney train!!!

Too bad it rained and you missed the fireworks, but at least you had a good day. You seemed to be able to do a lot of the attractions, is Hong Kong not busy??

Your anniversary will be here so soon!!:lovestruc Happy early anniversary, in case I forget;) Any special plans, I vote for an anniversary trip to WDW!!! DH and i went for our first anniversary and had a better time than we did on our honeymoon, we weren't exhausted from all the wedding planning, I think that made a big difference!!

Can't wait for another post, I hope your work calms down!

We were in Hong Kong for a week after a week in Laos and Cambodia - it was an amazing fun trip!! :thumbsup2 HK Disneyland is definitely not very busy and not very big, so we were able to accomplish a lot in a very short amount of time. I was definitely sad we missed the fireworks, but my sister (who was in her first trimester at that time) was pretty tired by the time we left, so it worked out fine in the end!

Thanks for the anniversary wishes! :lovestruc We didn't do anything special, just a nice dinner - we didn't want to start out too big on the first anniversary or else where do we go from there? :laughing: Okay, so I would have loved to go to WDW for our anniversary, but no vacation time :sad2: That's awesome that you got to go for your anniversary!! :cool1: I can see how that might be better than the honeymoon since, if I recall, the first day of our Disneymoon, we were really exhausted from all the wedding stuff.

Work finally calmed down a little this weekend, so I'm hoping to get another post up. Thanks for sticking with me! :goodvibes

And now, back to our regularly scheduled programming...the Disneymoon!!!

Day 5, Part II, August 16, 2007:

So after our Typhoon Lagoon fun, we went back to the hotel, relaxed for a bit, and then got ready for dinner at Artist Point. After our first night's dinner at Jiko which was so yummy, DH loved the idea of going out for as many nice dinners as we could instead of just eating and running back to the parks in a rush! So I made this ADR for Artist Point after we got to WDW and boy am I glad we did!! :thumbsup2

Here's DH upon arrival at Wilderness Lodge:

IMG_0355.jpg

What's funny is that when I was planning the honeymoon and trying to pick a hotel for us to stay at, I showed DH all the hotels and he was very adamant that he didn't want to travel to Florida only to stay at a hotel that reminded him of the Rocky Mountains or something, so Wilderness Lodge was out of contention. Well...wouldn't you know it, when we got to the Wilderness Lodge, DH was like, "Wow, this is really nice! We could totally stay here!" :confused3 Geesh, he just must like to make my life difficult! :rotfl: We had a little time to wander around:

IMG_0357.jpg

IMG_0362.jpg

IMG_0364.jpg

IMG_0365.jpg

Finally, it was time for dinner!

IMG_0366.jpg

IMG_0378.jpg

DH got the buffalo and I got the salmon - delish!!

IMG_0370.jpg

IMG_0371.jpg

IMG_0372.jpg

And then the fresh berry cobbler and I got a peach dessert of some sort which was really good:

IMG_0373.jpg

IMG_0374.jpg

Our waiter was hilarious and he made it such a fun night, we loved him!

IMG_0376.jpg

Dinner was sooo goooood and this was how we felt at the end :lmao:

IMG_0379.jpg

After dinner, we rolled ourselves out and made our way toward Downtown Disney.

IMG_0381.jpg

First stop was Goofy's:

IMG_0383.jpg

IMG_0384.jpg

IMG_0385.jpg

IMG_0382.jpg

to be continued in the next post...

Day 5, Part III, August 16, 2007:

Next stop was the pet store to find some goodies for our doggie, Albie:

IMG_0386.jpg

IMG_0392.jpg

I tried to get DH to buy this, but he wouldn't, go figure! :lmao:

IMG_0388.jpg

There was a connected store where we found some other cute things:

IMG_0389.jpg

I loved the light fixtures!!

IMG_0390.jpg

IMG_0391.jpg

Next up was the World of Disney store!

IMG_0400.jpg

Scary...

IMG_0393.jpg

and busy!

IMG_0395.jpg

Oooo, can I put this in my foyer some day?!? :lmao:

IMG_0396.jpg

Oh, and I snapped a picture of the BBB - I hope someday I'll have a daughter I can bring here to get the royal treatment! :goodvibes

IMG_0409.jpg

I had to peek my head into the girly section :rotfl:

IMG_0410.jpg

I really wanted to go here this trip, but we were just so full that we couldn't fathom eating even one more bite!

IMG_0399.jpg

We meandered over toward the Lego store, where we saw this. I thought this was just amazing!

IMG_0406.jpg

We poked around the store:

IMG_0411.jpg

IMG_0413.jpg

IMG_0414.jpg

IMG_0415.jpg

At this point, I'm not sure if it was just a long day or if it was the food coma, but we were exhausted, so we headed back to the hotel:

IMG_0416.jpg

IMG_0417.jpg

Next up: Animal Kingdom!!! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter