The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

I got to 3.5 miles of my 4 mile run to easy into it and nope totally down. Right now i am barely able to put weight on it. This means two weeks of no running and because of work no hiking.
Ice and ibuprofen... Lots of both. I know you've been through this before and you have a good feel for it.

It must be something about today. My work was crazy too. We are really busy again and everybody thinks we are post-Covid and they are trying to make up for everything we didn't do over the past year. It will get better. At least I don't do call... Sort of. I'm always on call, but things don't escalate to me unless my team doesn't respond or it requires a "bigger badge" to address. That doesn't happen very often.

Well today was the day. The new owners showed up, we traveled down to the title place, transferred the title and they drove off in Foolish Mortals. So that chapter has come to an end.
Congrats and condolences. I didn't have many sad feelings about trading off the truck of trailer. Both were nice but I knew what we were getting was nicer. On to new adventures.

j

Well today was the day. The new owners showed up, we traveled down to the title place, transferred the title and they drove off in Foolish Mortals. So that chapter has come to an end.

Onto the next chapter with Winnie!

This past weekend was a campout at the track. the 4 of us and the pups went, it was a good intro for Penny who is going to take well to the RV. She was chilling and asking for walks without issue. Ellie, our COVID pup is still adjusting to meeting well anyone. So there is a little more barking to work on with her. I hope that she will calm more with time, I mean she is a minpin and they bark.

Definitely stay off it @garneska, let that sucker heal!

Inaugural camp out with the puppy went well. Penny took to the RV pretty quickly and even started asking to go outside at the door. Ellie still barked more then we would like. Though as our covid puppy we definitely have more work cut out for us to socialize her, we let her meet people all the time and it seems to be helping. However, by morning it was start all over again which was a bit of an annoyance. We have a trainer I found that can come to the house and work with us and I think that will help.

Next up is some work on my truck to install lower work lights which will help when I am backing up. I think in May when the RV is here for the month I am going to work on installing 2 while LED strips to light the axle areas and one at the tail of the RV to help backing up at night.

@Teamubr i decided to take a little extra sleep this morning, sleep heals the body, and skipped the bike this morning. I did do my exercises since those are for my glutes and not weight bearing. I am able to put more weight on it today. Not quite sure it is full weight to walk normal but a lot better than yesterday. It was pretty bad.

I did walk mallory last night but we had to go slow and went short. Hopefully by tomorrow i can walk normal on it again. i am keeping to ice and advil today.

@tiggerdad i seriously was about to turn it into veal. man i was not happy yesterday. Will be a tad happier when i can at least walk.

You all are going to get sick of me crying about stuff. My calf is better still not 100% weight bearing but better. I then had an appointment to go get my new eyeglasses. That meant going for a walk, which I really did not want to walk since i am still limping a little. Trying to stay off it :).

Well my problem was solved. We had another major incident come in so i had to move my appointment to get my glasses till tomorrow. One more day of sitting around, hopefully that will help. However these major incidents are a major pain the butt. I can't fix anything but i am the communication person so i have to stay on the call and send updates.

Trying to stay off it :). Well my problem was solved. We had another major incident come in so i had to move my appointment to get my glasses till tomorrow.

However these major incidents are a major pain the butt. I can't fix anything but i am the communication person so i have to stay on the call and send updates.
Never thought you would be thankful for a "major incident". And the communication person is important during a P1. We lost our corporate contact when they outsourced most of corporate IT support. When I would get texted or called about a major issue, the first thing I would ask for was a status update. I hate flying blind on these things, especially when the phones keep ringing and all we can say is; "We are aware and have tickets entered".

j

Yep that is pretty much it Jim. i will take Mallory for a short walk tonight. I am hoping to be walking normal by tomorrow but it might be Thursday. Man I cannot believe how bad I messed it up. I have had this injury before but it has been at least 10 years ago. It probably hurt just as much then, I am sure I forgot.

@tigger92662 You would think that. However, having done some contracting work with a manufacturing company a few years ago I was surprised to see how from supply chain, through the entire floor automation, and distribution how much they rely on dataflow and network to drive the automation. It was a fun project to work and then to see what you they can do even with asset tracking leveraging wifi triangulation to pinpoint where a a forklift placed pallet X.

So a few good updates. I won't say anything about work because it is only 10:30 am plenty of time for crap to hit the fan.

I rode the incumbent bike today. The benefit is calorie burn with no weight impact on calf. Oh I should start with i slept good last night. Mallory only chirped once and then i moved her and she was good. I then walked to get my glasses. I am probably 99% weight bearing again. I do not walk with a noticeable limp. I do know I am favoring the leg but in general normal gait. I am still on the ice and advil. I think 3 weeks of no running for sure and it might be 4. I am slightly worried about hiking. We will wait and see how it goes in two weeks when we can hike again (not hiking because of work and calf). The big problem is we only have about 3 weekends of hiking for training.

On the glasses front. I had to get new computer glasses. i had reading glasses for the computer but they were not setup for work from home laptop situation. When i went to the eye dr we really dialed in something for my work from home setup with computer. My old computer glasses will be fine possibly better for ipad and reading but these are for the computer being on my lap. O......M......G this is so much better. I was able to put all my settings back to normal and my computer is so clear. I also got new regular glasses. I thought they had the same prescription as my old glasses but they seem a tad stronger. Maybe just less scratched. Needless to say these computer glasses are awesome.

The Alabama football rings for this past season got handed out last week.

Players and staff got 3 rings each: an SEC Championship ring, a Rose Bowl ring (the College Playoff 1st round in Dallas moved from Pasadena), and the National Championship ring. Let's look at just the Nattie ring:

EzX7c0GVcAEuzsP

EzX7c0EUUAAWhqk

EzX7c0CUUAQ6UYq

All this bling is a little embarrassing, honestly, because it's difficult to do anything wearing all three rings.

EzYAlzFVIAEKbOU

But whether you or I think all this bling is a little over-the-top (as I do), we aren't the target audience. The target is the 17 year old five- and four-star recruits who can choose to play for Alabama or somebody else. And athletes like bling.

Oh and thanks to those of you who watched Alabama's Spring Football intra-squad game (A-Day as it's known) this past Saturday:

EzhBgEFXoAACF2r

And honestly, the game wasn't even that good (I was there) and it ran long. But it shure does sound like The Crimson Tide is becoming America's team in college football, right?

Aight?

To wrap up, let me leave you with this little 2.5 minute funny story as told by Nick Saban to an audience of football coaches:

... tiggerdad, this kinda stuff happens everywhere, don't it?

RTR. ED

Last edited:
Rtd. ed? Pray tell. Retired, ready to drink? You would figure you have the time to spell it out for us now?

Forcibly retired, Spence. The honest version of the story is NSFW.

I've said that on here in various places (like post #1 of my Spring Trip thread).

Ready to drink? Yep.

I'm on my 3rd diet Coke already for today. :drinking1

I here ya. Just didnt see it in your signature before, or i missed it. I'm not as quick as i used to be. I'll be joining you soon I suspect. No one whats to pay me what i think I'm worth. Go figure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!