The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

Ok. I know you’re all watching March madness. Can someone tell me who the heck is oral Roberts university and how they beat my buckeyes? Bama is going to have to save my bracket.

Was wondering same thing. I'm hoping Bama has good showing. They haven't been too good in basketball for several years, then all of sudden this year they look really good.

@4077 just wondering if you (or anybody else) has been to Bayley’s Camping Resort in Scarborough ME. We have a reservation there next month and was wondering what you thought of it and things to do in the area.

@4077 just wondering if you (or anybody else) has been to Bayley’s Camping Resort in Scarborough ME. We have a reservation there next month and was wondering what you thought of it and things to do in the area.
I have not been to Maine since I was a kid (other than on an airport passing through)....will be Interested to see what anyone says...

It sure looks nice in the video drone tour...

Last edited:

It was a long drive home almost as bad as the drive up, but the taxes are done. Mallory is currently killing me with chirping. Is she secretly telling me she wants a Lucy full time. Glass to be home, Mallory has a vet appointment tomorrow.

Went to the vet today. I had been a little worried about Mallory for the last month. She was drinking a lot more and peeing more. She has also been less engaged, but after a week with the puppy I felt better about her engagement. She really enjoyed Lucy and no I am nit getting her a puppy.

Blood work for kidneys turned out to be same as last year. Kidneys are not great but definitely not kidney failure. Managed to get some urine and she has a different UTI than she normally gets. Back on antibiotics but that is hopefully the cause of all the drinking. a little more excited that she should be with us in June. So @tigger92662 we will be waiting for the menagerie.

So glad Mallory kidneys are about the same & not worse. I had Missy's teeth cleaned last week. Her blood work indicated her liver level was 3 times higher than it should be. She is taking a pill 1st thing in the morning. I tell her it's a treat so she will take it better. Missy is feeling so much better. I thought she wasn't feeling good & asked the vet to check her out B4 the teeth cleaning.

@friendofeeyore i think Mom always knows when the children or fur kids are not feeling well. I knew something was off. I am glad Missy only needs a pill as well. I did laugh our vet only said antibiotics for 2 weeks. Mallory almost never gets off them in two weeks. It tends to take 2 rounds of antibiotics. I questioned her but she said lets see after the first round.

In the mean time we have more mallory care to do in the evenings besides bandage changes. It will be fun, i won't go into details, you don't want to know. For bandage changes Bert does the work and i am gopher. For this new cleanings, I will be on point and bert gets to be gopher.

Well it is Monday evening, DW is gone this week for work. She left yesterday, and should be home on Wednesday. Tomorrow is a trip to the eye doctor, then wings and pizza for dinner. Tonight was simple dinner, just macaroni.
Reba has been looking over the couch and out the window looking for her mommy to come home.
Still need to get the air filter on the motorcoach, most likely this weekend. We had the nephews this past weekend. Also need to dewinterize and sanitize the water system.

We haven't had the camper out since April 2019. We pulled it out of the "barn" Saturday cleaned, organized. added a nice tool box, greased the bearings, greased the electric hitch, new cotter pins, air in tires and new antenna. All the stuff we took out has a new home in the closet under the stairs in the garage. Retirement is GOOD! Plan is to camp each month the weather is good. April and June are planned out.

That great!!! I did my first use of the RV at the racetrack last weekend. It was nice to get out of the house. First camping trip right now is Mothers Day weekend. Though there are a few April racing events, but the month is pretty busy as it stands.

@bama_ed, has the Bama football team moved on to basketball for March Madness:confused3

We're trying to squeeze both on our plates, tigger92662.

Football spring practice has started and the Pro Day (on-campus tryouts for seniors to perform for scouts, coaches, etc.) was today actually. The Spring game is Saturday April 17 (qb battle this year) and I'm wondering if there is going to be any kind of National Championship recognitions/parades/trophy ceremony this year.

Basketball team is doing well, yes. Sweet 16 for the first time in a long time.

Having a consistently high performing football program creates a large number of bandwagon fans who then easily migrate their support to men's basketball as well.

And in fact, our gymnastics team won the SEC recently (our ladies kick butt and take names) and women's basketball made it to the NCAA's for the first time in something like 20 years and won their first round game already and play their round 2 game Wednesday to try to get to their Sweet 16.

Honestly, to squeeze all this in I need a bigger plate. :scared: It's a great problem to have. :banana:

Bama Ed

Michigan back in the Sweet 16 again after taking out LSU.

Alabama beat LSU 3X this season, Chris (home, away, SEC tournament). (105-75, 78-60, 80-79). The margin kept getting smaller - wouldn't want to play them a 4th time.

The LSU Head Coach is a verified crook who should be in jail. But like the football program, the LSU Athletic Administration has sold out and looked the other way and will continue to reap the benefits of their decisions. And the Athletic Administration doesn't make a move without checking with the LSU President's Office (and the athletic boosters). The rest of the conference is happy to watch them sink below the water level in all sports .....

Welcome to Politix on de Bayeaux.

But as the last <vaunted> B1G team standing (out of 9 teams, is it?), I wish Michigan good luck against Florida State on Saturday.

Bama Ed

PS - heck at least it's us and Arkansas (who came on strong late in the season) from the SEC going into the Sweet 16.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter