The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

Kris tell Herb to keep her away from those Teddy Bears if she isn't careful she could take one down the wrong way it could fall on her and crush her

@garneska puppies are so much fun (except potty training)

This is the current status in our house. Ellie tucks into a blanket, Penny comes and pounces. Wrestling ensues till the next attempt to nap.

In other news, I started the process of de-winterizing the RV. Last night we started with filling the tank to sanitize the system. its been sitting overnight and when I get a break later today I will drain out the heavy chlorinated water, install the new filter, and then fill the fresh tank and flush the lines. Friday I should be on the road by 4ish PM on my way to the track for the first use of the season.

I plan to leave the RV at the track for a few weeks while my landscaper does some work around the parking area to add some gravel to the back of the driveway where the RV overhangs, the utility trailer is parked, and make some space for the truck. We are also going to add about 18" on both sides of the 10' driveway. If I drop a wheel off the driveway it causes a huge divot so we think packing the soil and adding some gravel will help.

So far no plans to go to an RV campground for April, but I do have some more races though April so it will get use.

Kris Lucy is telling Mallory , " Come on. Get UP , There are all sorts of adventures for us to have. It will be more fun than I have ever had before.
I wouldn't count on Lucy running out of energy in the near future. When the Savages first adopted us they were locked into High speed for months. They used Wookie Bear as a pillow from day one and followed her everywhere she went. Biggest problem was Katie felt the Daddy and Wookie Bear time was better spent as Daddy Katie Time
We came home from an evening out once after about 2 months to a Brown Fur throughout the kitchen and Living room . Wookie Bear was so afraid to come out of hiding we were sure they tore her apart. Happily it was the stuffing from 2 throw pillows they had played tug of war with and once she was sure I wasn't mad at her and would protect her Wookie Bear came out.

Thanks to rain and work the last two days I did not give the trailer or truck a bath. Maybe tomorrow if the weather and work cooperates. Tonight I am just getting the inside setup plus a short list of things I want to take with me. Tomorrow I will definitely be checking tire pressures and more before I hit the road. I will have a chance to use the new compressor to take the tires up to pressure, they have to go up about just 5-10lbs each.

I have a new item to fix too. My BackRack mounts have seen better days. And at only 5 years old this is in rough shape, but a new one will be here tomorrow!! Should only take 30 minutes to replace them swapped out, but worth it to know the rack is secure.

My last BackRack did not do that. PS the spots are sap if you are wondering.

Gotta love the first trip of the season.

Lol, now thinking about it , it almost look like another fastener would be good there, so there is no stress on that back plate.

Interesting, what kinda weight is on it?

Looks like should be a bolt on both sides.

I think the gap is because it broke, the other side of the gaped metal is flush and screwed in. But who knows.

No washer will fix that, its right past the weld in both locations.

Interesting, what kinda weight is on it?

Looks like should be a bolt on both sides.

There is no hole for a bolt in the bracket or the rack. The rack only has a safety beacon and two work lights. No-one else I know has had this issue so I am going to guess this could be related to too much heat in that weld as both cracks are right by welds.

I am going to guess this could be related to too much heat in that weld as both cracks are right by welds.
I think you're right James. It looks like a flex point, but if that is all the weight you have one it, I would think that gauge of steel should handle the start and stop flexing.

j

It is likely a flex point, but should not be cracking like that unless they really overheated it the steel.

Ok. I know you’re all watching March madness. Can someone tell me who the heck is oral Roberts university and how they beat my buckeyes? Besides the obvious defence problems yesterday. Man that was an intense game. Bama is going to have to save my bracket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter