The deer ate my tulips!

bananiem

It's like Annie Bananie only it's just Bananie M.<
:mad:

I had to divide my tulips from the front of my house last fall. I put them in several different beds. This morning I went out and what was there yesterday is no longer there! Only the tell-tale hoof prints remain...
They still left the ones in front of the house alone. Apparently they aren't as tasty there.:rolleyes:

We have terrible deer problems here in PA. Every spring when the tulips and hyacynths first poke out of the ground, I put up fences around my flower beds to keep the deer away. Then we have to deal with the bunnies and the groundhogs. Maybe we need a thread on critter-proof plants. About the only ones the critters don't eat are daffodils and butterfly bushes.

Somebody ate my hollyhock. It was about 4 inches tall yesterday and today it is gone. Must have been a bunny. :mad:

I would not be surprised if some of this munching isn't a woodchuck. These guys will eat a whole yard in a day. Almost every flower and vegetable that grows.

Now I'm wondering this: If they ate all of the greenery will my tulips ever bloom again? Since they need that greenery for the next year...

I've had a woodchuck in my yard now for 2 days munching grass so far. He's edging:) his way toward the house. I'd send out the dog but she's as blind as a bat and prob wouldn't even notice him much less chase him..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter