The Daily Grind 4/20/2012

JJ&JHsmom

DIS Veteran
Good Morning!

TGIF!!!

We are headed to Newport, RI to visit the mansions today.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Cassey

Have fun CAssey!! You will have to post pics

work for me ;(
at least it is Friday - less than 3 weeks of work left this semester (it was 3 weeks yesterday) - I only have one more Friday to go

Cassy, have a great time!!

Well, today is the day I found out what my new position at Michaels will be. I'm so nervous! Keep your fingers crossed that I get the CEM job!

Today:
Laundry
Make list of what we still need to get DS for the cruise
Bills
Work on swaps
call for hair cut appt - hopefully go get hair cut
grocery shopping
get things together for class tonight
teach Cricut class

Have a wonderful day!

Fingers crossed Stephanie... I will keep checking in tonight and early tomorrow to find out!!!

Cassey, enjoy the mansion tours... I love older homes.. I loved the one we grew up in...

Reddy, yay for 3 more weeks....

Today:

zoo day w/ the kiddos
scrapbook
enjoy family time
await phone call from mom re: Dad's dr. appt (fingers crossed for good news)

Good luck, Stephanie!

I haven't been to the mansions in ages. We had a dance at one when I was a senior in college. Ah, good times, good times! Have fun, Cassey.

Enjoy the zoo, Nan.

I'm at work. Tired tired tired. Morgan is coughing up a storm at night. The Zyrtec hasn't kicked in yet, hoping it does today (but she's sleeping at my sister's so at least I'll have a good night's sleep) and she's feeling better.

DH and I are going out to dinner and to get some new fans. Ours are getting old and it's time to replace them.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Cassey, enjoy Newport....that's one of Jim and mine favorite places...we went there the winter we got engaged :lovestruc and about 4 times more after that!

Nan have fun at the zoo!

hope everyone has a great Friday!

today:

groceries
bank
PO
scrap - might finished up HI cruise today:thumbsup2
try again to post update on TR - lost 2 this week :badpc::furious:

dinner - maybe steak and potatoes

have a wonderful day!

Happy Friday :)

Sounds like everyone has fun things planned for today!

Fingers crossed Stephanie ;)

My list:
Prom is tomorrow night so I need to go pick up a couple last minute items
Science Olypiad is also tomorrow, I hope the girls have all their supplies
Grocery store
Post office
Target/Walmart to pick up an emergency kit for my "new to me" 2000 Jeep Cherokee
Work on page swap--only 2 more groups to finish up
Rachel to doctor for allergy shot
Dinner--maybe pizza

Have a great day all :)

Cassey, have fun at the mansions. No matter how many times I've gone there, I just can't envision the lifestyle once led in those "summer homes".
Stephanie, good luck!!
Nancy, keeping my fingers crossed.:thumbsup2
Cheryl, can't wait to see prom pictures
Lisa, I am green with envy that you are that up-to-date on your scrapping.
Jennifer, I hope Morgan feels better soon.
Reddy, do you get the summer off, or just a break then resume for the summer?

Last day at the Cape. So besides packing and cleaning up, my only thing to do today is place my CM order. Love the new tool kit. DD is sleeping despite much noise. Guess yesterday caught up with her.

Ya for Friday!
Working on getting the girls out the door.
Ds and DD#3 are still sleeping!
Hopefully head downstairs and get started working. Apparently im crazy and there's nothing lirking in my scrap space.
Use my new binding thingy, i went with a big one from staples. Bia was too small for my needs.:)
Check with dbf if we accepted the offer on the "country home" if all goes well we should be in by end of june. But we'll see......
Pick up DD#2 from school
Lunch
More working

Take DD#2 to dance
Eyebrow appt.
Home
DD's to dads tonight. Switched for a bday party on sunday.
Dinner- not sure. Kitchen was finally finished last night! All i wanted was all the dishes washed and counters wiped down.
Probably work some more, or maybe scrap my own. Depends on how much i get done during the day. Ds not only can stand he can climb too. And has figured out how to move stuff in order to do it!

Reddy, do you get the summer off, or just a break then resume for the summer?

summer off they don't pay enough to pay a babysitter for my boys & not enough hours during the summer for everyone who wants to work - I'm a part-time cashier (with a college degree) with the dining services at the local college - which works out to enough pay for budget Disney trips & craft money, not much else

The zoo was fabulous.. DH snuck out and had lunch w/ us... the animals were active because it was cool... We have some awesome photos of our little grizzly bear playing w/ his ball that is tied on a tree limb.... he was adorable!!! Then our bengal tiger was drinking from the "pool" and walking up close to the glass...as we were starting to move he decided to take a swim... I got great photos of that too...

Got PJ's prom shoes, got her jewelry..... although I did offer to pop her in the mouth for sassing out me when I was pointing out that the heels were TOO high for walking to receive her diploma (she was trying to get 2 good wears out of the shoes).... needless to say, when the boys pointed out to her that she looked like she was the leaning tower of pisa she got a little more understanding of my point...

It started to rain when we were about 3 miles from home!!! :woohoo:
PJ is going out w/ one of her girl friends tonight for dinner and some more shopping... and I need to figure out dinner as it was supposed to be leftovers but we have been eating them for lunch this week..(any other time we don't! LOL)

I plan on scrapping tomorrow after the soccer games from 4-10!!!

The zoo was fabulous.. DH snuck out and had lunch w/ us... the animals were active because it was cool... We have some awesome photos of our little grizzly bear playing w/ his ball that is tied on a tree limb.... he was adorable!!! Then our bengal tiger was drinking from the "pool" and walking up close to the glass...as we were starting to move he decided to take a swim... I got great photos of that too...

Got PJ's prom shoes, got her jewelry..... although I did offer to pop her in the mouth for sassing out me when I was pointing out that the heels were TOO high for walking to receive her diploma (she was trying to get 2 good wears out of the shoes).... needless to say, when the boys pointed out to her that she looked like she was the leaning tower of pisa she got a little more understanding of my point...

It started to rain when we were about 3 miles from home!!! :woohoo:
PJ is going out w/ one of her girl friends tonight for dinner and some more shopping... and I need to figure out dinner as it was supposed to be leftovers but we have been eating them for lunch this week..(any other time we don't! LOL)

I plan on scrapping tomorrow after the soccer games from 4-10!!!

glad the zoo was fun & you got some wonderful pics
gotta love brothers
it rained here too - lucky we were at work or school
let me know what you come up with supper - I need something too

Nan, sounds like the zoo was fun!

Stephanie, I hope you get the job!

Cheryl, can't wait to see pics of prom!

The mansions were amazing! We has such a great day, the weather was perfect! No photography allowed inside the mansions but got some really cute shots of the kids outside. It is truly amazing to see the summer homes of these families and to hear what it cost to maintain these homes and the parties they threw. The museum stores had postcards for sale so I purchased some of those to put in the srapbooks as well as the exterior shots. We managed to tour four of the homes today. We are definately going back to see the rest and to walk the cliff walk. My legs are jelly from all the walking and stairs!

Here are a few pics.

This is outside the Marble House
mansions013.jpg

Julia and I on the back steps of Marble House
mansions040.jpg

The front gate at The Breakers
mansions051.jpg

Service entrance at The Elms
mansions053.jpg

I really want to go back when the gardens are in bloom. There is also a topiary garden that we need to visit.

Since I have Mondays and Fridays off for the summer, I am hoping to take a few day trips to area places of interest.

Cassey

Nan, it sounds like the zoo was fun. I love the zoo!!!

Cassey, what pretty pictures. Sounds like you had a good day too!

Well, my day was awesome! I got the position I wanted!!!!!!:cool1: In 1 week, I will become the Customer Experience Manager at my Michaels. I wasn't sure I'd get the position since our 2 current department managers also applied and there weren't any other manager positions for them, but my store manager and the district manager want me in the job. I'll be over all the classes, events, the cashiers, and customer service. I'm scared as it's going to be a huge challenge, but also oh, so excited!!!!!!!! I can't wait to get started!

:cool1: I had the confidence you'd get it Stephanie. Look at all you've broght to that store and the work you've done!

Cassey looks like a beautiful trip.

Cheryl yeah for the jeep.

I know I'm missing a ton of you and I'm sorry. I tried to pop in and out this week but can't remember much of what's been going on.

We've had yet another week from down below. there is 1 possibly 2 selectman that want the library gone and we got wind of it a week ago yesterday (right before I left town pretty much ruined the crop for me mentally wise) Well tues it came to a head and our good selectman made the board do a reafirm vote that the bond will be used. then 1 of them (the really bad one) proceeded to swear at Tom's Aunt, this donkey is supposed to be out liasion :furious: so she and Tom talked to the chair. wed night at trustees meeting he thankfully didn't show so Tom didn't have to ask him to leave or call the police. Thurs at the community meeting proves that he paid no attention to what has really gone on as he suggested a spot that was ruled out back in Nov. but continued to talk out both sides of his mouth. We have to survive until either the 15th of may or the 29th when we ( the trustees) take the communities ( not the village all 5 villages get a say) to the selectboard IF/when that passes then we can move onto construction.

So needless to say i don't see myself hanging around much in the next month. I will try to pop in so you all know I'm alive at least. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Congratulations on the jov Stephanie!!!

Christy, hopfully the villages will support the library! :hug: for all the aggrevation you have to put up with in order to move forward.

Cassey

It was the Breakers where we had the dance. Great shots, Cassey!

Congrats on the job, Stephanie! They know a good thing when they see it ;)

:hug: Christy. Sounds like you need another weekend away!

Cassey they seem to support us but the final word lies with the selectman, our village is VERY budget minded but a few of the others are more well off and since we have no more say than the others it has us nervous. 2 weeks from this past thurs is the next community meeting. That will be the presentation of 5 "plans" that came out of the last meeting.

Jen I'm going to need more than 1! I take to much to heart and think things through to the point my brain doesn't shut off (as you saw). I'm always an early am person but that 5 am on the weekend was a bit insane! At least this am I managed 6:30

Great photos Cassey...at the mansions beautiful!

Stephanie congratulations on the job! you are going to be a great manager!!

Christy, sorry for all the continued problems....keep fighting! hope the other villages will see how important it is to have the library built!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter