The BEST Birthday Everrrr!!!! An August 2013 TR! COMPLETE 01/06!

A Magic Kingdom morning! What could be better?

Love how happy you look along the walkway! You can definitely tell you're almost inside Disney!:goodvibes

I bet the empty entrance was nice; you don't see that very often.

Great PP pics!

That's fantastic that you were able to ride Space before breakfast. :thumbsup2 Just listen to that phrase...oh how I wish all birthdays (and regular days) started off that way.

Yes, I woke up and rode Space Mountain before breakfast.:rotfl:

A Magic Kingdom morning! What could be better?

Love how happy you look along the walkway! You can definitely tell you're almost inside Disney!:goodvibes

I bet the empty entrance was nice; you don't see that very often.

Great PP pics!

That's fantastic that you were able to ride Space before breakfast. :thumbsup2 Just listen to that phrase...oh how I wish all birthdays (and regular days) started off that way.

Yes, I woke up and rode Space Mountain before breakfast.:rotfl:

Exactly, Alicia...it was pretty amazing and I had a hard time containing my excitement!

It was cool to see it so empty...too bad it didn't stay that empty the whole day! lol

I agree...I mean who wouldn't love to have a ride on SM every morning...that would be the life I tell ya!

I love your enthusiasm! Your t-shirt is perfect for this! :thumbsup2

I love your enthusiasm! Your t-shirt is perfect for this! :thumbsup2

Thanks, Jennifer! We were shopping in the Disney Store one day when I saw that shirt and KNEW I had to have it...I feel like it's so fitting! And as you probably know by now...that's why I love Disney so much--it's the one place where I can set that kid free!

When I last left off, it was a few minutes after 8:30, and we had just been seated for our 9:15 reservation. I was a little surprised that we were seated so early as we’ve had a while in the past. I was certainly happy and ready to get breakfast started with my favorite pals!
Luckily we were seated in a spot where we could see when the characters were coming, and it looked like Eeyore was pretty close, so we waited a few moments for him before we headed for the food. Like a good adult, I patiently waited for our first visit.

You can’t help but love sweet Eeyore—he’s just so precious and this meeting was so much fun!

I asked Mike to get a shot of Eeyore’s tail, just cause it’s so darn cute!

After our sad friend had left, I ran up to the bar and grabbed my first plate since it looked like we had plenty of time before our next greeting. I’m still sad that the Pooh waffles have been replaced with Mickeys. Not that I don’t love Mickey and his waffles, but you can get them most anywhere—CP was the only place that had the Pooh waffles. I really, really wish they’d bring them back. I did have to make sure to try Pooh’s puffed French toast since I don’t remember ever having it before.

Mike then made his way up and came back with his selections.

Somewhere around this time, our CM came back with some Mickey confetti which she sprinkled on the table!

A few minutes later, she brought me my first ever Disney birthday cupcake along with a card signed by the whole gang! I was just beside myself with excitement!

I was texting my family a picture of my cupcake and card when Mike took this picture:

Oh, I was so happy to see my favorite bear!

Pooh had only been gone for a second, when his striped friend arrived at our table!

By this time we were finished eating and were just waiting on one last little friend before we headed out. Thankfully, he wasn’t too far behind!

Mike didn’t get any pictures with the gang…he was behind the camera the whole time, so I was kind if sad about that, but I think he enjoyed seeing the characters interact as much as I did. It was a great meal and Pooh and his pals were so much fun! This was definitely our best experience there yet, and I was so glad that we decided to do it. At first I had my doubts since I was worried that the meal would take a long time and we’d be missing out on precious park time, but it turned out wonderfully! Between our ride on Space Mountain and then the awesome meal and character interaction, it was the perfect way to start the day!

Finished with breakfast, it was time to head out and make the most of our day! We didn’t really have a particular destination in mind, but we somehow ended up behind the castle.

As I was using the My Disney Experience app when I noticed that Merida was just around the corner, so we decided to head over to Fairytale Garden. I have to admit, she wasn’t a must do character, or even at the top of my list, but I figured since she was fairly new that we should take the time to meet her. Plus, I really do think she has awesome hair! And since the line didn’t look too bad, we decided to go for it.
As we waited , I couldn’t help but be impressed by how in character she was. Her dialogue with each person was awesome and she seemed like a lot of fun!

Soon enough, it was our turn.

Oh my goodness…she was absolutely hilarious! I giggle the whole time! She even used the “I mustache you a question” line on me! It was so much fun! She instantly became one of my new favorite characters!

She even made us do the mustache pose!

It was definitely one of the best character interactions I’ve ever experienced! Mike and I were both still giggling like little kids as we walked away!
Next, we decided to head over and check out the Pooh ride. He is my favorite after all, and we were yet to experience the re-done version of the ride. Sadly, the wait was too long so we decided to get Fastpasses instead and ended up with surprise FP’s for Philharmagic as well!

Another ride that we hadn’t been on in a while was Peter Pan’s Flight, so we decided to wait out the 20 minutes that was posted.

After our ride over London, we went ahead and used our passes for Philharmagic.

I always forget how much I love this show until I see it again!
After we got out of Philhar, our FP window had opened for Pooh, but we decided to head over and grab one for Little Mermaid first since I could tell by my app that the line was long.

LM FP’s in hand, we headed back over to Pooh!

We still had a while before the LM FP window open, so we decided to take a spin on the tea cups since it was only a 5 minute wait.

This is definitely one of my favorite rides!

All discombobulated from our ride, we decided that a little more exploration of the new Fantasyland was in order. So, we headed straight for Gaston’s Tavern, and I’m sure you can guess just what we ordered!

I wasn’t quite sure what to expect from Lefow’s Brew as I can be kind of picky when it comes to unique tasting things. I’d also read quite a few times that this was one of those things that you either love or you hate. But, I have to say, that it was neither for me. I didn’t LOVE it, but I certainly didn’t hate it either. It was quite refreshing on such a hot day though. And I did love the apple flavor, too. Now, Mike, he was pretty much in love!
Of course I had to take a few shots of the inside of the Tavern as we sat at a quiet corner table and enjoyed the dark, coolness.

We lingered for a few more minutes while finishing off our brew before we finally set off for our voyage with Ariel.

How cute is Merida?! I'd love to meet her but when she first started at MK, the lines were ridiculous.

Mmmm LeFou's Brew! :thumbsup2

That photo Mike took of you with Pooh in the background is amazing! I love it; because it's like encompassing that pre-excitement feeling at Disney. :goodvibes

I'm glad Merida was a fun character interaction. She seems like she'd be a cool meet and greet. The newer princesses (rapunzel, her, etc) seem to have some spunk and a witty sense of humor.

I'm on the fence about trying LeFow's Brew. How close to apple juice does it taste? I heard that the foam bothers people, what'd you think of it?

How cute is Merida?! I'd love to meet her but when she first started at MK, the lines were ridiculous.

Mmmm LeFou's Brew! :thumbsup2

She was just precious! Sorry the lines were so long when you were there...if you get another chance, I think you should definitely meet her!

That photo Mike took of you with Pooh in the background is amazing! I love it; because it's like encompassing that pre-excitement feeling at Disney. :goodvibes

I'm glad Merida was a fun character interaction. She seems like she'd be a cool meet and greet. The newer princesses (rapunzel, her, etc) seem to have some spunk and a witty sense of humor.

I'm on the fence about trying LeFow's Brew. How close to apple juice does it taste? I heard that the foam bothers people, what'd you think of it?

Thank you!

Merida was definitely spunky and had an awesome sense of humor! I don't think I've ever laughed at a character greeting so much. Mike and I still talk about it and use the "I mustache you a question" then burst out laughing!

I really wasn't sure about LeFou's brew at first since I tend to be a little on the pickier side, I knew that if I didn't like it, Mike more than likely would. It really wasn't bad at all, and I don't really remember the foam being bad. I think the apple flavor is what stood out the most to me and probably why I liked it.

Having cooled off and rested our feet a bit inside Gaston’s, it was now time to head over for a little under sea adventure with Ariel.

I had read so many good reviews of the ride that I was a little afraid that it may not live up to the hype…but it indeed did!
Next, we decided to head over to another new part of Fantasyland to take a ride on Dumbo and to explore that part of the park.

I just loved this new area and all the details! And I was even more excited that Dumbo only had a 10 minute wait. So of course we jumped in line!

What a great experience! I mean how often do you get to ride Dumbo with your best friend on your birthday??!!
Next, we decided to take a peek inside Big Top Souvenirs. My main intention for going inside was to see what goodies they had.

Sadly, I didn’t see anything that I had to have, but we did spend a few more minutes just browsing around before we headed to our next destination—Tomorrowland. On the way, I had to stop and take a peek at the Mine Train construction.

I’m so excited for this to be finished and hope that when we go back with the kids next year that it’ll be opened by then!
Since the line for Buzz was a little longer than we wanted to wait, we decided to pick up a couple FP’s.

While we were waiting for our FP window to open, we decided to kick our feet up on our of our favorite rides:

There’s just something so awesome about being able to take a ride around and “oversee” everything going on around you.
Next, we decided to take in another classic that we hadn’t done in quite a while.

I think the more we ride CoP, the more fond I become. The story behind it just makes it special.
Finally, it was time to take a spin on Buzz. The last time we rode this was when we took the kids, and we ended up getting stuck and our scores were reset, so this was time for redemption.

I wasn’t able to get a picture of our scores, but I do know that I bombed it and Mike beat me pretty badly!
After Buzz, we moved right next door to Laugh Floor. This is yet another attraction that has become dear to us.

Sadly, this time the show just didn’t seem as funny. In the past, they’ve always taken jokes from the audience, but this time they didn’t, so maybe that’s why.
By this time, it was way past the normal eating time for lunch, and we were starving. But I had one place in mind that I wanted to try and had purposely waited late to try and avoid the long lines that I figured would be there. So, we headed back towards the new Fantasyland, only to find that Be Our Guest had just closed for lunch. I was thinking they were open way later for lunch, but it was 2:55, and they had closed at 2:30. I will definitely remember that for future trips.
I have to admit that I was pretty disappointed as I was really looking forward to not only trying BoG because it was new, but because we wanted to eat somewhere different. Unfortunately, I let the disappointment get the best of me and got a little huffy with Mike as we were trying to decide where else to go. He wanted Cosmic Rays, but I just wasn’t feeling what they offered, so we thought we’d give Pinnocchio’s a try, but then I decided that I didn’t want that either. Finally, we decided that we’d go back to the place that we’d ate at back in May with the kids—Tortuga Tavern, and just as our luck would have it, it was closed. I was definitely not in a Disney mood by this point. I was hot, tired and hungry. After a few choice words and acting like a complete and total brat, we finally decided to try one more place—Pecos Bill. We made our way, and thank heavens the place was actually open! Now, I’m sure that if I’d gotten my times correct and done a little more research this whole ordeal wouldn’t have happened, so lesson learned!

Even for the late hour, it was still pretty packed inside, so I found a table while Mike placed our order. Mike went with the Angus Cheeseburger, while I had the BBQ Pork sandwich and we both had the chocolate cake for dessert.

We both really enjoyed our food and the chocolate cake seemed even more yummy than usual. Thankfully I felt much better after getting some food in my tummy and was ready to continue on with our day.

When I last left off, we had just finished up a late lunch at Pecos Bill’s and were ready to take on the rest of the day.
We decided that a ride on Pirates would be the perfect thing to do next. Especially since we were already right there in the area!

After we managed to safely navigate through the high seas, we decided it was time to head over and conquer the other two mountains of the park.
When we arrived at Splash, the wait time was posted as 50 minutes. So instead of waiting in the massive line, we came up with a plan—grab FP’s, then hop aboard the train for a scenic ride around the park. It had been a while since we’d been on the train, and it’s one of Mike’s favorite things! Plus, it’s always fun to see the park from a different perspective!

We’d made it all the way around the park and were back to the Frontierland station, but our window for Splash still wasn’t open, so we decided to take advantage of the relatively short line for Big Thunder!

Even after our ride through the wilderness, we still had a few minutes to burn, so we decided to grab a bottle of water and people watch for a few minutes.
Finally, our window opened and we were able to breeze right through the line. As we were making our way through, I was reminded of how awesome FP’s really are. I still don’t understand why more people don’t use them, but I guess that’s a good thing.

I was afraid that we’d end up in the front row, but thankfully we were in the next to last, which didn’t help much as we still ended up pretty wet anyway! No matter how many times we go on this ride, that drop never gets old!
Our RRP:

After Splash, we decided to head over to the Haunted Mansion, and we lucked up with only a 10 minute wait!

Even though the time posted was 10 minutes, it was more like a walk-on!
Next, we decided that it was high time to enjoy one of our most favorite treats in all of the World…

We’ve decided that we just can’t visit the MK without partaking in at least one Dole Float every time!
Mike placed our order while I tried to find a spot across the way, but ended up having to move due to the smokers. After I re-located, Mike found me and we were able to sit and enjoy our treat while we rested our feet for a few. As we sat, we somehow got into conversation with a sweet lady who was Florida. We talked about Disney among other places like Las Vegas and cruising. She was a really sweet person and we enjoyed our chat with her!
Unfortunately, my phone had decided to die earlier in the day, and of course I had no way of charging it. Since Mike’s is a work phone, he doesn’t ever bring it in the parks with us, so I felt a bit uneasy that if my family were to need to call for something that they wouldn’t be able to. No, there was no reason for me to feel this way—nothing going on at home that anyone would have had to call me about unless there was an emergency, but things like that tend to make me worry sometimes. So, we decided to take a stroll up to City Hall to see if we could have it charged there.
When we arrived at the front of the park, Mike took it in for me and was only gone for a few seconds when the parade started. Turns out I was in the perfect location as the floats were coming out right to my left! We had made no plans of watching the parade on this day, so it was crazy that I ended up being in the right spot right at the perfect time! I was able to get some decent shots with little to no effort!

By the time the first few floats had gone by, Mike had already made his way out and joined me to watch the rest. This was the first time using the charging service at City Hall and he told me that it was pretty easy. They gave him a claim ticket and said that we could pick it up whenever we were ready!

I have to say that this is an awesome service that Disney offers, and I’m certainly glad to know that it exists! Hopefully I won’t have to use it again in the future, but it’s sure good to know that it’s there if we ever do need it again!
Once the parade had moved on down the street, we made our way across to the Town Square Theater.

The posted wait time for Mickey was only 15 minutes, so we decided to go for it!

The last time that we were here was during the Halloween Party last year and the line seemed to take FOREVER, so I was really excited when this line seemed to move fairly fast! It seemed like just a very few minutes before we were saying hello to the big man himself!

We said goodbye to Mickey and decided that we should probably go ahead and pick up my phone. I knew that it wouldn’t be fully charged, but figured that it would probably be good enough to last the rest of the night, and it did indeed!

Once we had my phone back in hand, we decided to head back across the park for one more spin on my most favorite ride of all! As we made our way down Main Street, I had to get some shots of the castle as the dusk was starting to fall.

We arrived at Space Mountain and found there to be hardly any wait! This time we were on the Omega track, which was the opposite of the one that we’d done that morning!
As we were walking from SM, I spotted a cart with some Minnie ears that I’d been itching for but had been too scared to actually buy and wear them. When I pointed them out to Mike, he encouraged me to get them, so I finally did!

With my ears on, we decided to head back over to the Dumbo area to try for some character meet and greets at Pete’s Silly Sideshow.

The wait time for Goofy and Donald was posted as 10 minutes, but once we made it inside I couldn’t believe my eyes…there was NO one in line! Goofy was up to his usual antics and was being silly while waiting for someone to say hello!

He seemed happy to see us! Lol

Once we’d moved on towards Donald, he decided to have a little fun and act silly again!

Our favorite feathered friend was a lot of fun, too!

Donald is Mike’s favorite, but I fall more in love with him everytime I see him!

As we were walking away, we noticed that was no lines for Minnie or Daisy either, so we decided to say hello to the ladies next!

Both of them were absolutely adorable and I couldn’t get over how awesome their costumes and all the details of their “sets” were…we absolutely loved it, and it was definitely a highlight of our day! I was SO glad that we had taken the time to head back there and check it out! This was the first time that we’d ever not watched the parade and opted to do other things inside the park instead, and it worked out so well! I wasn’t sad that we missed the parade at all!
We made our way back towards the hub just as MSEP was ending, so we had to wait a bit to be able to make it through the crowds.

We decided that since we’d already seen Wishes, that we didn’t want to fight the crowds to find a spot, so we made the decision to head on out. It had been a fabulous day, and I really don’t think it could have been any better. We had been up pretty early that morning and we were both tired and ready to call it a day.

Sadly, the monorail wasn’t running, so we took the short stroll back on foot.

We made it back to the room and found a surprise waiting on the table!

My best friend had sent me this ADORABLE bag!

What a thoughtful gift…and it was perfect! The bottom part of the tote, where it zips around is actually insulated, so I use it almost every day to bring my lunch to work and I have gotten SO many compliments on it!
As I reflected on our day, I couldn’t help but think about how lucky and blessed I really was. Not only was I able to see another birthday, but I was able to spend it in the place that I love most with my very best friend! It was a great day indeed!

On Friday morning, there was no alarm to wake to. Instead, our eyes opened on their own, which happened to be around 9:30! We only had a couple things planned for today, so there was certainly no need for a rush!

After we'd gotten our showers and were ready for the day, our first order of business was to head over to the Business Center at the Contemporary as I had to fax some paper work for my new job. The business center is actually located in the convention area of the hotel, so I had no idea that it even existed, and goodness knows we never would have been able to find it without directions. Thankfully Mike lead us right to it and we were in and out in just a matter of minutes. I did have to take a picture of the clocks on the wall that gave the time for all the different parks, which I thought to be really cool!

Once we were done there, we headed out to the bus stop to head over to Downtown Disney. It was a good thing we weren't in a hurry as we ended up waiting for 30 minutes before the first DTD bus ever arrived! 3 Hollywood Studios buses came, followed by 2 for Animal Kingdom before the DTD one ever came! We were so glad to finally see it!

Our first order of business was lunch as we were definitely hungry since we'd skipped breakfast. So of course we headed straight to our favorite DTD eatery--Earl of Sandwich. I had a birthday coupon for a free sandwich, so that made it even better! Mike headed inside to order while I grabbed us a table outside. I think this was the first time in a while that it wasn't crazy busy, but that was probably because it was well after the lunch rush.

I had my usual Ham and Swiss, and I cannot remember what Mike had. He usually goes with the Full Montagu, but sometimes changes it up. He also surprised me with something new...macaroni and cheese. I had no idea that it was on the menu, and since Mike knows how much I love mac and cheese, he was really thoughtful and got us an order to try!

It was all yummy as usual, which is why it's our favorite place in DTD. The mac and cheese wasn't too bad either and it was nice to have something other than chips.

After lunch, it was time for dessert, and anyone who knows us knows exactly where we were heading and what we were going for...

The Nob Hill Chill at Ghirardelli is our absolute favorite dessert, ever! It's not unusual for us to make mutiple visits in one trip!

With our tummies all full, it was time to do some shopping. The first place we headed was pin traders. We don't actually pin trade, but we do collect pins for each year that we visit as well as the resorts than we stay in, our favorite rides and the such.

Next, we headed into another one of my favorite stores, Basin! I am in love with the different bar soaps, especially the ones with the Mickey heads inside. There are 3 different scents that I love the most, so I made sure to stock up on those.

Our last stop was the World of Disney. Oh, how I adore this store. I could spend hours and hours just browsing here. And boy could I really do some damage to the pocketbook! We did end up buying a good bit. Mike got a new t-shirt and a hoodie that he'd been wanting for while but didn't want to spend the money on. Thankfully I finally convinced him to splurge and go for it! I picked up the most awesome pair of socks and some kitchen items as well as a 2013 magnet and ornament, which is another tradition for us. Here's what we ended up with, including the pins that we'd gotten at Pin Traders...

Finally, we realized what time it was and knew that we should probably be heading over for our appointment time for the DVC tour. A couple weeks before we left home, we received an e-mail from DVC stating that they were holding an open house for the dates that we would be in the World. We were given the opportunity to schedule a time, if we wished to do so. Of course we knew that this was done to try and sell the new GF Villas, but since Mike and I were actually already interested in adding on, we decided to go for it. Plus, we really, really wanted to see what the model rooms looked like. So, we headed over to the boat dock to try and catch a boat over to SSR. What we didn't realize is that particular boat doesn't actually stop at SSR. Mike and I both were really bumfuzzled as we could've sworn that we did the last time we were there, but the very not nice CM told us we were wrong. So, we decided to just head for the bus stop since it wasn't that far away. Our appointment time was at 4, and it was now 3:15. I figured we'd still have plenty of time to make it. I mean SSR is just across the lake, right? Surely it wouldn't take 45 minutes to get there. Normally, we couldn've just walked over, but they had the walking path closed, so that wasn't an option. So, we waited and waited at the bus stop. And we waited and waited so more. Finally, about 30 minutes later a Saratoga bus finally showed up. But of course we weren't going straight to the resort...oh, no, we had to make a stop at the Westside and Blizzard Beach first. By then, we realized that we were going to be late, so Mike called to let them know and to make sure that we could still come. They re-assured us that we were fine and not to worry. In hindsight, we could've just walked over to the Westside bus stop, but I don't think our wait would've been any shorter of a wait.

We finally made it to SSR at 4:15 and hoofed it over to the DVC preview center. There was a short line to check in, and a brief wait before we were ushered inside. This was the first time that we'd ever been inside the preview center, but it was very nice. They had a buffet set up, but Mike and I weren't hungry...we just wanted to see the rooms. We were gived a card and told that when we were ready for the tour to take it to a podium that was set up. So, we had a glass of water and then visited the restrooms before we checked in at the podium. Thankfully our guide, Hubert (who is awesome, by the way) was working that night, so he was able to escort us over and do the tour himself. The first model that we were able to see was a studio of Aulani, which was beautiful! Then we moved on to the studio for the Grand. I have to say that I was immediately blown away! Mike and I both were totally impressed. But when he took us into the one bedroom, I knew that we HAD to add on here! There were just so many impressive things! I think the thing that we loved the most were the two bathrooms in the studio as well as the "murphy" bed which will be great for us when we travel with our niece and nephew again! I knew before we even finished the tour that we would definitely be adding on here! I wish I could've gotten some pictures, but I wasn't brave enough to ask since I didn't see anyone else taking them.

After we were finished with the tour, Hubert took us back over where we sat down in an office and talked numbers. We let him know that we were for sure going to add on, it was just a matter of figuring out exactly how many points we wanted to go with. We talked and discussed for several more minutes before we told him that we just needed time to decide on the number of points and that we would think about it, but we had dinner to get to at 'Ohana. And that's what I love about DVC--there was no pressure to even buy in to begin with--we were the ones who initiated the discussion and when we told him that we were all in with the exception of figuring out the number of points, he was totally fine with that!

We arrived back at Bay Lake with plenty of time to spare! We hopped the monorail over to the Poly and ended up checking in at 6:20 for our 6:50 reservation. Mike and I were both very excited about this meal as 'Ohana is one of our very favorite restaurants on property. He loves all the meat and the fact that you can have as much as you want while I love going for the potstickers, the noodles and the bread pudding!

It only took about 20 minutes before our buzzer was going off and we were being escorted to our table! I know the food here is always the same, but I have to take pictures anyway!

Of course we stuffed ourselves silly like we always do! It's pretty much impossible not to!

We rolled ourselves out and decided to take a peek in some of the shops while we were there. Our first stop was Boutiki, where I found an awesome hoodie that I fell in love with.

But of course after I had to talk Mike into splurging earlier in the day, now he was having to talk me into it! I really did love it, but $65 was a lot to spend on one piece of clothing. But it did fit perfectly and was just so warm and cozy when I tried it on. So, I went for it after all and am so glad I did!

After I made my purchase, we wandered a little more before we decided to head back to the monorail. Our plan was to take another spin around Epcot, but I wanted to head back to the room to drop off my bag and grab the camera first. And while we were there, I went ahead and called to cancel our Chef Mickey's breakfast that we had scheduled for the next morning. It was going to be an out of pocket meal and since we had just stuffed ourselves at 'Ohana, we figured it would be best to cancel.

With that bit of business being taken care of, we headed back to the monorail where we hopped off at the TTC and transferred to the Epcot line. We hadn't visited Epcot since our trip last May, so Mike thought it would be nice to just ride through and at least get a good view of the World Showcase and Spaceship Earth, and that's just what we did. I attempted to get some pictures of our view, but between the monorail moving so fast and the windows being dirty, it didn't work out.

We made it back to the Contemporary, but decided to make one last stop in Bay View gifts before we headed home for the night. We made our last souvie purchase of the trip as I picked up the Monorail shirt that I'd been wanting forever, Mike got another Mickey bar antenna topper to replace the one that he "lost" and I picked up a birthday pin for myself.

Finally, we made our way across the bridge and back to Bay Lake. But, we weren't done yet. We decided to do one last tour of the resort where I could get lots of pics of all the awesome details that made us love the place so much!

We finally headed up to the room where I updated my TR journal and then tucked into bed around midnight.

I can't believe it's been so long since I last updated! But, I'm here now, and since there's only one day left for me to write about it, I'm going to get this thing finished now!

The alarm went off rather early on our last morning--at promptly 6:45. When I answered, there was Mike W. on the other end again.

Mike got busy packing everything up as I showered and got ready. We were all done and ready to go at 9:00. As we made our final check of the room, this is the face I saw as we were heading out the door:

Wasn't he just pitiful?

Though our vacation was offically over, we still had a mission to complete before heading home. If anyone read my last TR, you will remember that we took our niece and nephew on their first trip. So, when we knew we were returning to the World, we asked what they wanted us to bring home for them. And all they wanted was cheesecake from AKL. We also wanted to take some Zebra Domes home as well, so we decided to head on over to AKL to pick up our goodies before we headed out.

The only problem was that once we made it to the Mara, there was no regular cheesecake to be found! They had plenty of the mango flavored, but nothing else. Thankfully though, we did find a few boxes of zebra domes, so at least it wasn't a wasted trip.

As we were in line to pay for the ZD's, I suddenly remembered that we totally forgot to check out at Bay Lake! So, after paying, we headed back to the car and made our way back to Bay Lake one more time.

In hindsight, it may not have been a huge deal, but I mostly wanted them to know we were leaving so that they could start getting the room ready for the next person. So, we turned the car around and headed back to Bay Lake. The CM at the desk laughed when we told him what we did, and somehow they already had noted that we had left!

Since we were already there, we decided to head over to the Contempo Cafe to check to see if we could find the cheesecake there. We may our way inside and once again came up empty. I was pretty surprised as we'd just eaten it there earlier in the week, so we decided to ask a CM just in case they hadn't put it out yet since it was still relatively early. She was still a bit new, so she decided to ask a manger. The manager went to check elsewhere only to find that they indeed did not have any. She was nice enough to call over to the other monorail resorts and was able to confirm that Gasparilla Grill had plenty! So, you can guess where our next stop was.

Finally, after one more monorail stop, we had the elusive cheesecake in hand!

Once we made it back to Bay Lake to collect our car, we decided to head over to SSR to see if there was any new resort related merchandise. Sadly, there was nothing that I really liked. They did have one shirt with the SSR logo, but I couldn't make myself like to color and I knew I'd never wear it, so we left empty handed.

Our last stop was just around the corner at Downtown Disney. Though we'd done a lot of shopping here earlier in the trip, we've started a tradition of this being our final stop, and today was no different. Our first store was Team Mickey where we were looking for UGA merchandise and again came up empty handed. We did happen upon Ride Makerz while we were in there and where Mike found an awesome Mater that he loved!

I actually ended up ordering this for him for Christmas and he was totally surprised! He loves it and plays with it like a kid!

Next, we headed into the Christmas store where I once again left with nothing but did see lots of things I would have loved! So, we crossed the way and went inside Art of Disney. I was actually looking for something here, but of course they didn't have exactly what I wanted--I've been drooling over the Princess and the Frog print by Thomas Kinkade, but the only thing they had was the wrap...

We then headed over to Little MissMatched where I tried to find more cute socks like I'd gotten on our last trip. But as you can probably guess, I once again left with nothing.

Finally, we headed to our last stop where I knew I wouldn't come up empty handed...

Yep, we had hit up Ghiradhelli for one last treat before the ride home!

And just like that, we were seeing this sad, sad sight...

That was some hard earned cheesecake. :rotfl:

Oh, DTD, the perfect place to finish out a quick trip. And those milkshakes...:cloud9: They look delicious!

We hit up DTD on our last day too, tradition now.

How nice that you got that Mater for him for Christmas!

That was some hard earned cheesecake. :rotfl:

Oh, DTD, the perfect place to finish out a quick trip. And those milkshakes...:cloud9: They look delicious!

It indeed was...the things we do for the children we love!

Yes, Ghirardhelli is heaven on earth...no trip to Disney would be complete without one!

We hit up DTD on our last day too, tradition now.

How nice that you got that Mater for him for Christmas!

So cool that we have the same tradition. It's like our trip isn't final until we go there!

He loved Mater and was so surprised that I remembered it!

Thank you both for reading!

I finally found your TR!!

Really enjoyed reading it!

Starting with your stop at the Florida Welcome Center, reminds me of the best reason to drive there!! I loved making that stop, getting OJ and the brochures!

Loved the pics of OKW and Bay Lake! Both resorts are beautiful!

Loved your CP pics!

What a nice surprise for your friend to have gifts sent to you!!
Loved the bag!!

Hope to read another TR soon!! (Are you doing one for your upcoming marathon trip?)

I finally found your TR!! Really enjoyed reading it! Starting with your stop at the Florida Welcome Center, reminds me of the best reason to drive there!! I loved making that stop, getting OJ and the brochures! Loved the pics of OKW and Bay Lake! Both resorts are beautiful! Loved your CP pics! What a nice surprise for your friend to have gifts sent to you!! Loved the bag!! Hope to read another TR soon!! (Are you doing one for your upcoming marathon trip?)

Thank you, Kristi! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

We really loved Bay Lake...OKW was a different story. It's the first Disney resort that we've not cared for.

I do plan to do a report for the Princess next month! I can't wait to read the rest of yours!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter