The Apathy Thread (Debate or not, I don't care)

WDWHound

DIS Veteran
I am feeling radically apathetic this afternoon. Does anybody else feel this way? If so, post here (or dont, it doesn't really matter either way).

I feel apathetic all the time. Sometimes I really just don't care. xDD

Back in geekier, high school days I had a friend in Dungeons and Dragons who chose to make his character "Chaotic Neutral"

Because he seriously didn't care.....

Not that anyone cares or anything...

ReiClassroom.jpg

One year in elementary school, a friend and I decided to do something about our "apathy." If/When either of us said "I don't care," the offender had to say "I care" five times. For "Who cares," the punishment was doubled to ten times.

So WDWHound, HTH, vettechick99, DaffyDuuuck... that's 5 apiece. :p

dcentity2000... you've 10 due. :p :p

J/K.

Not that anyone cares ;), but thanks for evoking an old, albeit silly memory. :sunny:

Chipperdini said:
One year in elementary school, a friend and I decided to do something about our "apathy." If/When either of us said "I don't care," the offender had to say "I care" five times. For "Who cares," the punishment was doubled to ten times.

dcentity2000... you've 10 due. :p :p

J/K.

Not that anyone cares ;), but thanks for evoking an old, albeit silly memory. :sunny:

Who cares? ;) :rotfl:

Yay. The apathy thread is here. Wee. Let's all do the wave.
:thewave:

Chipperdini said:

I care
I care
I....
Oh, the heck with it.

Seeing this thread made me want to look up the word apathy.

Apathy (Ap"a*thy) (#), n.; pl. Apathies (#).
[L. apathia, Gr. ¿; ¿ priv. + ¿, fr. ¿, ¿, to suffer: cf. F. apathie. See Pathos.]

Want of feeling; privation of passion, emotion, or excitement; dispassion; -- applied either to the body or the mind. As applied to the mind, it is a calmness, indolence, or state of indifference, incapable of being ruffled or roused to active interest or exertion by pleasure, pain, or passion. "The apathy of despair." Macaulay. "A certain apathy or sluggishness in his nature which led him . . . to leave events to take their own course." Prescott. "According to the Stoics, apathy meant the extinction of the passions by the ascendency of reason." Fleming.
^ In the first ages of the church, the Christians adopted the term to express a contempt of earthly concerns.

Synonyms -- Insensibility; unfeelingness; indifference; unconcern; stoicism; supineness; sluggishness.

Now that I have, I don't care about it anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter