The All New Grand Floridian FAQ - MAY 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a few questions.

Has anyone ever done the "private dining". I read that you can have a romantic dinner for 2 ( i know that it is 2 credits) somewhere on the grounds of the GF.

Just wondering what your experience was like if you did this.

And -- My brother is in Cocoa Beach, my aunt is in Key West and a df is in Tampa. Can they come up for an afternoon to visit? We were hoping if they didnt want to go to a park they could join us for dinner.

And ... has anyone ever booked a bounce back? I am hoping to try and get the family back in November 2010.. I was to see xmas. If there is a better deal available down the line can you get it just like all other reservations?

TIA

Can't believe I am FINALLY seeing the light to 2 digit days :) And I should have waited a couple of months to make the countdown chain with the kids. those are huge.

You're welcome.:goodvibes

One other thing...apparently from time to time an offer is missing from a particular room. I suppose housekeeping forgets to place it in the room. If you ask on the code and rates resort forum shortly before your trip, you can find out if there is a current bounceback offer. If so and yours is missing, just call housekeeping and ask.

Really hope you get one!:cool1:

Realized i was a bit backwards. sorry for switching the VC in your name. :)

what is a lodge tower room?

Grand Floridian Lodge Tower rooms are a bookable category in all outer lodge buildings except Sugar Loaf where the three lodge tower rooms are by request only. Lodge tower rooms sleep 4 in two queen beds. They have an additional space in the turret area that is furnished with a love seat, sofa table, arm chair, and second TV.

I haven't stayed in a lodge tower room but found a photo:

tower.jpg

Grand Floridian Lodge Tower rooms are a bookable category in all outer lodge buildings except Sugar Loaf where the three lodge tower rooms are by request only. Lodge tower rooms sleep 4 in two queen beds. They have an additional space in the turret area that is furnished with a love seat, sofa table, arm chair, and second TV.

tower.jpg

Hmm I wonder if I want to request it - I've got my heart set on an upper floor with a view of the pool - does that fit in with the Lodge tower rooms?

Hmm I wonder if I want to request it - I've got my heart set on an upper floor with a view of the pool - does that fit in with the Lodge tower rooms?

Yes, I believe there are lodge tower rooms that would fit this description in Conch, Boca Chica and Big Pine. You would book a lodge tower room and request high floor, pool view. Good luck!

Lodge tower rooms are a separate booking category. There are some that overlook the pool (as listed above).

The only exception is Sugar Loaf Concierge building (aka Outer Lodge Concierge) where the Lodge Tower Rooms are by request only.

Also, these rooms only sleep 4 since there is not a daybed. The couch in the sitting room is not a pull out.

HTH!

Realized i was a bit backwards. sorry for switching the VC in your name. :)

No worries....I didn't even notice.:goodvibes

I have a few questions.

Has anyone ever done the "private dining". I read that you can have a romantic dinner for 2 ( i know that it is 2 credits) somewhere on the grounds of the GF.

Just wondering what your experience was like if you did this.

And -- My brother is in Cocoa Beach, my aunt is in Key West and a df is in Tampa. Can they come up for an afternoon to visit? We were hoping if they didnt want to go to a park they could join us for dinner.

And ... has anyone ever booked a bounce back? I am hoping to try and get the family back in November 2010.. I was to see xmas. If there is a better deal available down the line can you get it just like all other reservations?

TIA

Can't believe I am FINALLY seeing the light to 2 digit days :) And I should have waited a couple of months to make the countdown chain with the kids. those are huge.

The term private dining can be confusing I think. WDW deluxe resorts call room service private dining. That is two credits on the DDP and deluxe DDP.

But you can also arrange private dining events at several venues around the GF. We did a private tea a few years ago which was delightful and a favorite family memory. I doubt you can use the DDP for those events.

Your family can certainly visit you. :grouphug:

If you are able to book a bounceback, you could change/cancedl it if a better discount comes along. However, it seems to me that when Bouncebacks have been offered, it is not for stays that far out. For instance, last January I was able to book a Bounceback for March 09.

Congrats on getting to double digits!:cool1:

Lodge tower rooms are a separate booking category. There are some that overlook the pool (as listed above).

The only exception is Sugar Loaf Concierge building (aka Outer Lodge Concierge) where the Lodge Tower Rooms are by request only.

Also, these rooms only sleep 4 since there is not a daybed. The couch in the sitting room is not a pull out.

HTH!

Am I right that the Lodge Tower rooms do not have balconies? Are the LT considered an upgrade from GV rooms? TIA

Are the lodge tower rooms worth requesting? They seem nice but I would prefer a king bed so that DH doesn't push me off the bed because he likes to hog it. I guess we could always sleep in separate beds like they did in old TV sitcoms (but that's only if the tower room is worth it).

HTH!

i'm actually booked in SL - do those lodge tower rooms face the pool?

Am I right that the Lodge Tower rooms do not have balconies? Are the LT considered an upgrade from GV rooms? TIA

Most do have balconies.

With the exception of Sugar Loaf, the Lodge Tower rooms are a separate category. They are more expensive than a gardenview room.

Are the lodge tower rooms worth requesting? They seem nice but I would prefer a king bed so that DH doesn't push me off the bed because he likes to hog it. I guess we could always sleep in separate beds like they did in old TV sitcoms (but that's only if the tower room is worth it).

I wouldn't get your hopes up on a room with a king bed. We've never requested one but reports are that aren't many of them at all at the GF. Good luck though.:wizard:

i'm actually booked in SL - do those lodge tower rooms face the pool?

They do indeed face the pool and courtyard. I think the top floor room does not have a balcony.

Mouseturtle Those lodge tower rooms are so nice if you'd like al ittle extra space and dont need the extra sleeping space..as Cinderumbrella said the room only sleeps four as the sofa is not a pull out (which I can not figure out why it wouldnt be??..but it isnt???)

The seating area has an extra televison also...

Also as BCV pointed out the lodge tower room on the 4th floor does not have a balcony...but the rooms on the 2nd and 3rd floor do have them...

The courtyard pool view is lovely...it over looks the whole pool area and it is so pretty all lit up at night...

tower.jpg

Mouseturtle Those lodge tower rooms are so nice if you'd like al ittle extra space and dont need the extra sleeping space..as Cinderumbrella said the room only sleeps four as the sofa is not a pull out (which I can not figure out why it wouldnt be??..but it isnt???)

The seating area has an extra televison also...

Also as BCV pointed out the lodge tower room on the 4th floor does not have a balcony...but the rooms on the 2nd and 3rd floor do have them...

The courtyard pool view is lovely...it over looks the whole pool area and it is so pretty all lit up at night...

Hi Blue! I think the sitting area has a love seat, smaller than the GF daybeds, so that is probably why it doesn't fold down/pull out to a bed.

Hi Minniesota!:goodvibes I bet you are right..that is more of a love seat size..and thats why they didnt make it a pull out...It sure would have been nice to have that extra room space and sleeping space though....

Thanks for the picture...it is hard to describe what that nice extra seating area really looks like...

Ah, sounds wonderful! enjoy the rest of your stay :goodvibes and please come back and let us know all about it when you have time.:surfweb:

Two days ago, we awoke to a view of Cinderella Castle. Today, we saw a view of the Comfort Inn.

Arrived home a few hours ago. We miss the GF already!

All the best.

Since people were asking about lodge tower balconies, I dug out a photo of Conch and it looks like there are balconies on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th floors - at least in that building. FYI...
CIMG3842.jpg

Last December I stayed in a Lodge Tower Room in Sago Cay. It did not have a balcony. I thought the sitting room took the place of the balcony. The picture of Conch does not look like it has balconies. The octogan shape on the buildings are the Tower Rooms. Am I missing something? My trip to the GF is in about 34 days. I am so exicted! This is my birthday present to myself ;).

Two days ago, we awoke to a view of Cinderella Castle. Today, we saw a view of the Comfort Inn.

Arrived home a few hours ago. We miss the GF already!

All the best.

What a change!:sad2: Did you have a fun trip? What's the status of the lobby floor?

Time to start planning the next trip, right?:surfweb:

Since people were asking about lodge tower balconies, I dug out a photo of Conch and it looks like there are balconies on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th floors - at least in that building. FYI...
CIMG3842.jpg

Thanks! A picture is worth a thousand words, isn't it? :surfweb: On the fifth floor, I've always wondered about those windows in the middle. Are those part of a suite, do you know?

Last December I stayed in a Lodge Tower Room in Sago Cay. It did not have a balcony. I thought the sitting room took the place of the balcony. The picture of Conch does not look like it has balconies. The octogan shape on the buildings are the Tower Rooms. Am I missing something? My trip to the GF is in about 34 days. I am so exicted! This is my birthday present to myself ;).

I've never stayed in a lodge tower room but think the balconies on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th floors in minniesota's photo are to the right of the tower with a door out the side.

Are you in lodge tower rooms again? Regardless, have fun!:cool1:

Unfortunately, the tower rooms were not available. I see what you mean about the balconies to the right. They do not have windows. They must belong to the Tower rooms. I was in Sago. It did not have a balcony. I can't remember if it was on the 4th or 5th floor. Thanks for pointing it out to me. Sometimes I can be so dense.:)

My room was on the 5th floor.

Is it just Club Level that has the nightly turn down service, or is it every level?

Obviously not a huge deal, but a CM said it was every level when he went over the features of the resort, but then I have read it is just Club Level.

Thanks so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter