The ALL NEW Disney's Contemporary Resort & Bay Lake Tower FAQ with PICs! (July 2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have the convention schedule for Novermber?

We are staying at the CR from 11/11 - 11/15 and all the rooms in the tower are sold out except a suite. I know it is Jersey Week but it has been sold out since the beginning of July. Wonder if there are any conventions scheduled there. :confused:
The best way to see if there are conventions scheduled is to do a search on Google. You can try typing in upcoming conventions at Disney's Contemporary Resort, November 2011 or something like that. However they really don't have that much an effect because most of the time they are walking around the meeting rooms on the 3rd floor or inside the convention center. So unless you go into those areas or see them in the lobby or 4th floor, chances are you won't see much of them.

I wondered why I wasn't getting updates on this thread...oh, look, there's a new one!

Hah, anyway, question: if you're staying at BLT on cash, what kind of toiletries do you get? Is it separate shampoo and conditioner?

I wondered why I wasn't getting updates on this thread...oh, look, there's a new one!

Hah, anyway, question: if you're staying at BLT on cash, what kind of toiletries do you get? Is it separate shampoo and conditioner?

The toiletries are all the same for the DVC resorts (as they are for most of the deluxes). They are the H20 products. Separate shampoo and conditioner, lotion, shower gel, facial and bath bars of soap, and sometimes solar relief gel. They are nice products.

The toiletries are all the same for the DVC resorts (as they are for most of the deluxes). They are the H20 products. Separate shampoo and conditioner, lotion, shower gel, facial and bath bars of soap, and sometimes solar relief gel. They are nice products.

Awesome thanks. I was just hoping it wasn't the same as the moderates that get the combo shampoo/conditioner...my hair is wayyyy to thick for that!

Awesome thanks. I was just hoping it wasn't the same as the moderates that get the combo shampoo/conditioner...my hair is wayyyy to thick for that!

No, definitely not the combo, and when we asked for additional shampoo (for us girls' hair), they were very generous with extras. It was very much appreciated.

Not meaning to start a debate but I find the conditioner doesn't work well in my hair so I usually bring my own.
The last time we paid cash for DVC, we also got refills on laundry detergent.

Amanda

Not meaning to start a debate but I find the conditioner doesn't work well in my hair so I usually bring my own.
The last time we paid cash for DVC, we also got refills on laundry detergent.

Amanda

Thanks for the heads up. I'll only be there two nights (just a quick solo getaway.) So I'm sure it'll be fine for that short of a trip. I just am trying to figure out how to get sunscreen down without spending an arm an and a leg if I don't check a bag, but if I can bring two 3 oz sun screens instead of shampoo/conditioner, I think that'll work. If I was going for longer and checking a bag, I'd definitely bring my own! Or if it was the combo I'd need to bring my own because it just makes my hair unmanageable!

Hi everyone. I'm KK from the UK. We're planning a two week visit August 2012, and have loads of questions if you guys don't mind a Englsh guy butting into the thread from time to time....

First of all, the Cafe thing scares me: the automated kiosks and I will not get on; I can hardly use an ATM without doing something wrong!!!! Can you tell me anymore about it?

Also, we've stayed at the GF before and we're used to 24hr snack bar: we used to get back late from park and DW or myself would normally go and get drinks (Disney coffee is far nicer than the rubbish we get in the UK), and pick up danish for Breakfast the next morning. What's the alternative at the CR as I believe the Cafe is not 24 hour?

Thanks guys! Looking forward to getting to know you over the next year.

Hi everyone. I'm KK from the UK. We're planning a two week visit August 2012, and have loads of questions if you guys don't mind a Englsh guy butting into the thread from time to time....

First of all, the Cafe thing scares me: the automated kiosks and I will not get on; I can hardly use an ATM without doing something wrong!!!! Can you tell me anymore about it?

Also, we've stayed at the GF before and we're used to 24hr snack bar: we used to get back late from park and DW or myself would normally go and get drinks (Disney coffee is far nicer than the rubbish we get in the UK), and pick up danish for Breakfast the next morning. What's the alternative at the CR as I believe the Cafe is not 24 hour?

Thanks guys! Looking forward to getting to know you over the next year.
Their touch screen ordering kiosks are very easy to use and if you have any problems one of their Cast Members will be able to help you with them.

Now the hours from the Contempo Cafe is from 6:00 AM - 12:00 AM and there is nothing else over there that is open 24 hours a day. My advice is purchasing some items in advance to keep in your room when your hungry for the times past 12:00 AM.

Can anyone tell me if 1: EACH bathroom has supplies in a 2 bedroom/3 bathroom and 2: How much $ is it to ask for more?

Trying to decide if I should stop at Publix and get full size bottles for my family of 6.

Thanks

Good Morning CR fans!

Here's a little something to start your day! Wishing all of you with upcoming trips safe travels!!:thumbsup2

DSC_4248.jpg

Have a Magical Day!
Heather

Good Morning CR fans!

Here's a little something to start your day! Wishing all of you with upcoming trips safe travels!!:thumbsup2

DSC_4248.jpg

Have a Magical Day!
Heather

Thanks - this is a really special part of the whole of WDW. We have a photograph of both our boys in the ears from every visit we'ev done!! They really show how quickly our kids have grown up!

Great pic hstrickland

I know this is a CR thread but I am so excited to be going back to CR/BLT. Ok *deep breath* today BLT finally became available on the web site so we are booked for June 2012 1 bdrm villa TPV for the second half of our trip. I am so excited and can't wait to tell our DS15 when he gets home. :dance3::yay::dance3:

I know this is a CR thread but I am so excited to be going back to CR/BLT. Ok *deep breath* today BLT finally became available on the web site so we are booked for June 2012 1 bdrm villa TPV for the second half of our trip. I am so excited and can't wait to tell our DS15 when he gets home. :dance3::yay::dance3:
I hope you have a great time.

Thanks CRRF4L. I know we will. Can't wait to go back as we just love the whole CR/BLT area. Our DS was super stoked when we told him. Now I only have to wait until I can make our ADR's. Hope you and your family have a great time at the BWI.:flower3:
Thanks and looking my BWI ticker our trip is coming up very soon. In fact we are leaving on the 14th since we happen to be driving down, so sometime next week it will be time to start packing.

We've booked a stay at the CR for October 2012 but are hoping to get a 2BR at BLT so we can all be together. Website still says it's not available.....any idea when it might come open?

Also, we're hoping to get a pin for 40% off. If I book BLT in a package, can it be applied? Or should I just book the room and add tickets and dining after (if I can even do that)? Thoughts? This is our first WDW vacation!

Thanks and looking my BWI ticker our trip is coming up very soon. In fact we are leaving on the 14th since we happen to be driving down, so sometime next week it will be time to start packing.

I would be jumping out of my skin to be packed already. You guys must be so excited.

We've booked a stay at the CR for October 2012 but are hoping to get a 2BR at BLT so we can all be together. Website still says it's not available.....any idea when it might come open?

Also, we're hoping to get a pin for 40% off. If I book BLT in a package, can it be applied? Or should I just book the room and add tickets and dining after (if I can even do that)? Thoughts? This is our first WDW vacation!

I just booked our June 28, 2012 trip to BLT 1 Bdrm Villa TPV today. It was not available on line yesterday but when I went on today it was there.:dance3: I figured it would be about 10 months before we could book and I was pretty much spot on.

Last year we were booked in a 1 bdrm villa TPV but then my DH received a 40% off code. So I called to see if they could apply it to our TPV and they only had LV available so we took it. Couldn't pass up that savings. Just as long as they still have inventory available under the code, you should be good. They only allot a certain amount of rooms per code.

smooreo,

Just spoke to a CM about BLT and was told that cash reservation at BLT can be made 8 months in advance. I believe it is 11 months for DVC members. :confused3 We're teying for June 2012 so I have a couole of months to wait. :rolleyes1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter