• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The ALL NEW Disney's Contemporary Resort & Bay Lake Tower FAQ with PICs! (July 2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe I just did this but I just changed our reservation from BC-CL to Magic Kingdom View-Atrium Club! The room became available and I found some discount (August-September) which made this cheaper than what we had booked already. I am so excited for the view and how close we will be to the MK but I have to admit I am SO nervous. I have spent 5 months researching BC and I made this switch and don't know a whole lot about the CR. Tell me I made the right choice (please).
I would say you made a great choice and I am sure you will have a great time.

You will first place your order at the kiosk and if you have any changes tell the cashier. Even though you will have placed your order it's not started to be made until you pay because the cashier needs to give you a pager with a number on it. Well the Cast Members who make the food then put in the number on your pager when it's ready.

Thank you!!:goodvibes

My question: South Wing rooms...Do they not all have balconies? I saw a few pictures that looked like there were sliding glass doors, but no actual balconies.

Also, do all the 1st floor rooms in the South Wing have patios?

Thanks!

My question: South Wing rooms...Do they not all have balconies? I saw a few pictures that looked like there were sliding glass doors, but no actual balconies.

Also, do all the 1st floor rooms in the South Wing have patios?

Thanks!
The rooms on their 2nd and 3rd floors don't have any balconies, so if that's important for you then it's best you make a reservation for a room in the Tower since they all come with a balcony.

However the 1st floor rooms of the Garden Wing building do come with a patio and you can always request a room on that specifc floor.

I can't believe I just did this but I just changed our reservation from BC-CL to Magic Kingdom View-Atrium Club! The room became available and I found some discount (August-September) which made this cheaper than what we had booked already. I am so excited for the view and how close we will be to the MK but I have to admit I am SO nervous. I have spent 5 months researching BC and I made this switch and don't know a whole lot about the CR. Tell me I made the right choice (please).

Woo hoo!! The MK view is one of the main reasons we booked CR for next year. It is going to be awesome. You're going to love it!!

Before our arrival, I checked the booking site and noticed that the Atrium Club actually had rooms available during our stay. So after we ate at The Wave's breakfast buffet yesterday (fantastic buffet - I'll post photos of it soon), I asked a mgr. if DH could take a quick peek at the Atrium Club lounge since he's not stayed there. I asked the mgr. why there was availability again and he explained that the construction on the 14th floor has been temporarily halted so they re-opened the 12th floor. He confirmed that the 12th floor was closed due to the noise on the 14th. He also said that the construction would start back up "very soon."

Before our arrival, I checked the booking site and noticed that the Atrium Club actually had rooms available during our stay. So after we ate at The Wave's breakfast buffet yesterday (fantastic buffet - I'll post photos of it soon), I asked a mgr. if DH could take a quick peek at the Atrium Club lounge since he's not stayed there. I asked the mgr. why there was availability again and he explained that the construction on the 14th floor has been temporarily halted so they re-opened the 12th floor. He confirmed that the 12th floor was closed due to the noise on the 14th. He also said that the construction would start back up "very soon."
Thanks for posting that update.

The rooms on their 2nd and 3rd floors don't have any balconies, so if that's important for you then it's best you make a reservation for a room in the Tower since they all come with a balcony.

However the 1st floor rooms of the Garden Wing building do come with a patio and you can always request a room on that specifc floor.

Thanks so much for letting me know! I'm glad I asked the question! I had a feeling that's the way it is when I saw pictures.
We may be staying in January for Marathon Weekend, but will be with a group discount rate, so I don't think we really have a choice of upgrading to a tower room. Would love a balcony to hang out on, but not sure we would want the first floor. Not a deal breaker though!
I appreciate your help!

Thanks so much for letting me know! I'm glad I asked the question! I had a feeling that's the way it is when I saw pictures.
We may be staying in January for Marathon Weekend, but will be with a group discount rate, so I don't think we really have a choice of upgrading to a tower room. Would love a balcony to hang out on, but not sure we would want the first floor. Not a deal breaker though!
I appreciate your help!
Well if you end up staying at the Contemporary I am sure you will have a great time, no matter if you are in the Tower or Garden Wing.

THANKS!!! We're headed there in 59 days for our first stay there and we're all SO EXCITED!!! :cool1:

Love looking at the pictures and making lots of notes on the tips. I've been going through all the older CR threads...my DH thinks I've lost a bit of my mind the amount of time I spend on these boards. :surfweb:

CONTEMPORARY - Here we come!!!

My DH makes fun of me all the time for the hours of my life I will never get back reading forums:laughing: We will be at the Comtemporary Dec12th -17th
for our very first Disney Vacation. I have a hard time finding CR info in many forums :confused3 anyway I hope you have a great trip and give a review when you get back:)

Question for the CR experts - Does the view of the MK improve as your room moves north along the corridor away from Chef Mickey's? I want to have the best MK view possible and am wondering if I should request a room toward that end. We're on CL so floor is not an issue.

Question for the CR experts - Does the view of the MK improve as your room moves north along the corridor away from Chef Mickey's? I want to have the best MK view possible and am wondering if I should request a room toward that end. We're on CL so floor is not an issue.
The very first time we stayed Club Level our room on the Magic Kingdom side was #4848 and it's the last possible room that's closest to the Magic Kingdom. However there have been other times staying Club Level when we got a room closer to Chef Mickey's and in my opinion the view of the Magic Kingdom looked exactly the same.

Thought I'd come to the Contemporary fans for some support. I have been reading, & researching for several months. I've done the pros & cons, no doubt about it hands down... I have my heart set on the Contemporary! I have a friend who has been to WDW several times, but never stayed at the Contemporary. So I take her advice with a grain of salt. She has visited the CR! And.. she does not care for it at all, & it appears she is trying to get me to change my mind! LOL :) Not gonna happen! CR just screams "magic" for me. She says the decor is blah & not disney like the other resorts. She says the pool is not as cool as the others. I told her it didn't matter what she said it wouldn't change my mind. She also showed me the price diffrence, & said I'm paying so much just for the view. Then I told her that's exactly what I want. I love the MK view! Waking up & seeing the castle, going to bed at night & seeing the fireworks. The short 10 minuet walk, or monorail. I told her that several people really love the CR.. not that I'm trying to change her mind! lol :) I'm still just as excited about the CR as I ever was! But in the end I know everyone has their own opinion.. & we aren't all going to like the same things, & that's okay. :)

Thought I'd come to the Contemporary fans for some support. I have been reading, & researching for several months. I've done the pros & cons, no doubt about it hands down... I have my heart set on the Contemporary! I have a friend who has been to WDW several times, but never stayed at the Contemporary. So I take her advice with a grain of salt. She has visited the CR! And.. she does not care for it at all, & it appears she is trying to get me to change my mind! LOL :) Not gonna happen! CR just screams "magic" for me. She says the decor is blah & not disney like the other resorts. She says the pool is not as cool as the others. I told her it didn't matter what she said it wouldn't change my mind. She also showed me the price diffrence, & said I'm paying so much just for the view. Then I told her that's exactly what I want. I love the MK view! Waking up & seeing the castle, going to bed at night & seeing the fireworks. The short 10 minuet walk, or monorail. I told her that several people really love the CR.. not that I'm trying to change her mind! lol :) I'm still just as excited about the CR as I ever was! But in the end I know everyone has their own opinion.. & we aren't all going to like the same things, & that's okay. :)

i have people in my family saying the same things
the decor is always the first thing they bring up and i do have to agree somewhat, but the pluses far outway the negatives and we are staying there again

We're going to the CR this year after two years at the BC and have heard some of the same things. Frankly, we think having a MK view room is the best theming a hotel could possibly have, and the walk to MK is perfect for how we do the parks. Maybe it's because I stayed there as a 5 year old, but the CR to me is a quintessential WDW hotel. Plus, it has Chef Mickey's and some great stores right there, which is plenty of Disney for me.

I might give them that the pool isn't as great as, say, Stormalong Bay, but I bet our kids still have a blast there anyway.

Stay with the CR because it makes you happy. Your friend can stay elsewhere and have a great time on her next vacation.

The very first time we stayed Club Level our room on the Magic Kingdom side was #4848 and it's the last possible room that's closest to the Magic Kingdom. However there have been other times staying Club Level when we got a room closer to Chef Mickey's and in my opinion the view of the Magic Kingdom looked exactly the same.

Thanks for the response. I may still put the request in just to cover our bases on potential noise issues but not worry too much if it's not granted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter