The ABC's of Sauntering Through WDW- J is for: Just Like That, It's Judiciously Ended! (4/23)

C is for: Can Steppe Find Them All??

True to the spirit of The ABCs of Trip Reporting, Steppe has made a little game for herself for the upcoming trip. In the past she's created (and been successful at) Drinking Through the Alphabet but that is very expensive and this just isn't a long enough trip to repeat that again this time. So, instead, how about a little photo challenge... ??

Just kidding! :laughing:

How about a really
BIG one?

One for each park in fact!

In those spare moments at work (there aren't many as an RN), daydreaming about all things Disney while re-playing some fantastic memories, and thinking on her upcoming itinerary, Steppe developed a fun new way to explore the parks and intentionally find photography subjects.

Over the years, Steppe's park touring style has changed according to the type of trip it is. Family trips seem to remain "get 'er all done or die" while solo, more frequent trips have allowed me to sloooooo.o.o.000w. down to stop and smell the roses. Literally in some cases. Disney Imagineers are masterful at infusing the parks with some amazing detailing to tell their story from visual puns to landscaping perfection to authentic historical props. She's happy to pay homage to them with a little extra time and attention! They provide for endless hours of photography fodder and Steppe aims to bring back a collage of new and creative pictures... alphabetical-style.

Here are the laminated checklists that she'll be using. In a future update, Steppe will reveal the laminated little "tour booklets/itineraries/notes" that these will be part of, but for now:

An Alphabetical Scavenger Hunt!!!

Rules of the game:

These are merely ideas and suggestions, as I'm sure I'll come across other photos/things I can get along the way, but in a pinch and I can't find something before, these can be fall backs.

As I get them, I'll use my handy-dandy sharpie (yes, I'm a goober and bought a new fine-tipped magenta one) to check them off. ;)

Okay... that's it. Pretty simple. :)

Have a good weekend, Friends.

Last edited:
Pretty impressive and ambitious list!
I’ll be curious to see if you’ll make it. Considering I doubted your ability to complete your drinking game, I won’t make the same mistake and I think you’ll get them all.

Sounds like a fun game! We will be at WDW for 10 days this winter and I was contemplating copying your drink through the alphabet game. But them I thought about the drinks prices at WDW and kind of abandoned it again...

I had to smile at your Epcot list because of course the first thing I did was to check if you had to take a picture in Germany. And yes, there is something which is a German word. But you will have a really hard time finding it! Liederhosen has one I to many and instead of leather pants (Lederhosen) you are now on a quest to find songs pants as Lieder means songs. :rotfl2: But then, I know how you creative you are and I am sure you will manage to find Liederlederhosen (songs leather pants)!! :banana:

Pretty impressive and ambitious list!
I’ll be curious to see if you’ll make it. Considering I doubted your ability to complete your drinking game, I won’t make the same mistake and I think you’ll get them all.

I don't think it'll be too difficult, honestly. There so much to each park and all kinds of little hidden gems, it'll be fun.

And even more fun to enjoy the memories when I get home by posting the photos. :)

Sounds like a fun game! We will be at WDW for 10 days this winter and I was contemplating copying your drink through the alphabet game. But them I thought about the drinks prices at WDW and kind of abandoned it again...

Here's the dealio...

Some people spend hundreds of $$ on souvenirs or splurging on a deluxe resort, neither of those is VERY important to me. Don't get me wrong, I adore staying deluxe on occasion, I'm just trying to put things in perspective here.

I averaged $12 a drink going with wine or F&W drink options and the math says under $350 for 26 drinks spread over 10 days. That's 2.5 drinks per day which is more than easily doable. I know that makes it sound like I'm prioritizing booze over my accommodations, but on THAT trip, I was prioritizing a new challenge/fun/an activity over shopping (NOT a priority for me except my every trip Shop-Around-the-World thing) and a night at a deluxe (which I did anyway at AKL). I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's not as expensive as you'd think in the grand scheme of all things "Disney Trip". If that makes sense.

I had to smile at your Epcot list because of course the first thing I did was to check if you had to take a picture in Germany. And yes, there is something which is a German word. But you will have a really hard time finding it! Liederhosen has one I to many and instead of leather pants (Lederhosen) you are now on a quest to find songs pants as Lieder means songs. :rotfl2: But then, I know how you creative you are and I am sure you will manage to find Liederlederhosen (songs leather pants)!! :banana:

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Okay, that's funny!!!

I'd like to say that was a typo, but it'd be a lie, so I'll just go with... OOPS!! :laughing:

Last edited:
Joining in! Just found your report and looks like a lot of fun and creative ideas you have! I’m heading down for a short trip end of October and then will be down Christmas to New Years. Love your outfits❤️

Joining in! Just found your report and looks like a lot of fun and creative ideas you have! I’m heading down for a short trip end of October and then will be down Christmas to New Years. Love your outfits❤️

A very big :welcome:, Cyndi! I'm so happy you're here and joining in!

I try to do something new or different every trip, so we'll see where this scavenger hunt leads. :)

Are you doing anything new to you on your trip?? Any new restaurants or rides you're planning on?

Thanks! They were all pretty easy to pull together ; hopefully I can use them again on a future trip.

Yup, instead of using yarn, you use a feather boa and make it. Or you can use a shoe clip and hot glue feather boa on to it.
Okay, then!! I will head to JoAnn's in the next week or so and see if I can pull this off. It looks like her pom-poms are white, so I'll see what they have. The tricky part will be gluing them on. Hot glue gun I guess?

I don't think it'll be too difficult, honestly. There so much to each park and all kinds of little hidden gems, it'll be fun.

And even more fun to enjoy the memories when I get home by posting the photos. :)
:)

Hot glue gun I guess?
Yes, if you don't intend on using the shoes again, or they have little shoe clips you can buy that just clip on to the shoe...
14152037.jpg

https://www.joann.com/blue-moon-findings-clip-metal-shoe-silver/14152037.html

Then you would glue it to the shoe clip and then put the clip on the shoe.

If you don't think you can do it (which I doubt cause your awesome!) then I can make them for you and send them to you. =)

A very big :welcome:, Cyndi! I'm so happy you're here and joining in!

I try to do something new or different every trip, so we'll see where this scavenger hunt leads. :)

Are you doing anything new to you on your trip?? Any new restaurants or rides you're planning on?

Thanks! They were all pretty easy to pull together ; hopefully I can use them again on a future trip.
We actually are doing a couple of new things including a dessert party and a candlelight processional dinner package. Both are mostly just because of the crazy crowds we’re expecting but excited to try them!

Yes, if you don't intend on using the shoes again, or they have little shoe clips you can buy that just clip on to the shoe...
14152037.jpg

https://www.joann.com/blue-moon-findings-clip-metal-shoe-silver/14152037.html

Then you would glue it to the shoe clip and then put the clip on the shoe.

If you don't think you can do it (which I doubt cause your awesome!) then I can make them for you and send them to you. =)
Ok, I'mma gonna order those! tonight!

I do want to preserve the shoes, so will this route. Boas should be available at the retail store. :)

If I can't get the clips in plenty of time... I will PM you, okay??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter