The 2010 Baltic Thread--Cruise Tips and Planning

I keep trying to tell myself, slowly but surely!:goodvibes

I don't remember there being a shuttle bus in Copenhagen. We took a cab from the ship to Tivoli and the Hans Christian Anderson statue and started the Rick Steves walk from there, because the price was close to the same for the 4 of us to take a cab or take the bus. There were shuttle buses in Tallin and in Stockholm. Did you mean one of those?

I understand the Swedish krona is the official currency in Stockholm, Sweden.

Is any other currency accepted? (Euro, GBP) What was your experience?

Woody

We did make purchases with Euro's and U.S. dollar in Stockholm. The change was in krona when we purchased at a shop and the U.S. money was paid to a vendor at one stop on the Viking tour where they were selling crafts and soda.

I keep trying to tell myself, slowly but surely!:goodvibes

I don't remember there being a shuttle bus in Copenhagen. We took a cab from the ship to Tivoli and the Hans Christian Anderson statue and started the Rick Steves walk from there, because the price was close to the same for the 4 of us to take a cab or take the bus. There were shuttle buses in Tallin and in Stockholm. Did you mean one of those?

A taxi would be fine. We are on the Tivoli & Harbor Tour and we were going to get lunch in Copenhagen after the Harbor cruise. We would have to get ourselves back to the ship . So the taxi would work. Is it hard to find a taxi around the harbor area ?
You are really something ! Still answering these Baltic questions. I really appreciate you taking the time to do this !

GINA

Anyone have any idea if we can check in for the cruise at one of the Disney -sponsored hotels in London even if we are not staying there?

A taxi would be fine. We are on the Tivoli & Harbor Tour and we were going to get lunch in Copenhagen after the Harbor cruise. We would have to get ourselves back to the ship . So the taxi would work. Is it hard to find a taxi around the harbor area ?
You are really something ! Still answering these Baltic questions. I really appreciate you taking the time to do this !

GINA

It's no trouble, and being on the DIS makes me feel closer to the ship!

If the Harbor Tour drops you off in Nyhavn, it's really not a long walk from there back to the ship, and it's a very pretty walk. A few blocks from Nyhavn finds you in the huge square where the 4 palace buildings are, and if you walk through it and keep going, you get to the Danish Resistance Museum (well worth a look) at the start of a lovely park with the water on one side. A pretty walk through the park brings you to where The Little Mermaid statute usually is and just past that is the Magic. If you're pressed for time or tired, a taxi won't be too expensive from there either.

GINA

We did this excursion, loved it! The harbor tour actually starts at a canal in the city so not sure how close to the harbor you are as they come back to that same location to end the boat ride. Then back on the bus. But it was a very active area and should not be difficult to walk or get a cab to the harbor.

We are planning on going to Tivoli on our own. Is it far from the port? Is there a bus or did anyone notice taxi vans that would hold 7?

We are planning on going to Tivoli on our own. Is it far from the port? Is there a bus or did anyone notice taxi vans that would hold 7?

We did the June 24th trip and I did see quite a few taxis and there was the Hop on Hop off bus that came to the port. So, you should be able to arange a ride!

Enjoy the trip!

there is a public bus that picks up right at the port and drops you at Tivoli. We didn't take it but my aunt and her husband jumped on it after their canal excursion and were able to walk around Tivoli and back to the ship with out any problems. Just take note where to pick up the same number bus going back to the ship.

there is a public bus that picks up right at the port and drops you at Tivoli. We didn't take it but my aunt and her husband jumped on it after their canal excursion and were able to walk around Tivoli and back to the ship with out any problems. Just take note where to pick up the same number bus going back to the ship.

Thank you!:thumbsup2

Can somebody please video tape the "If I Were Not Upon the Sea" skit by the cruise staff on the last night and post it to YouTube? I seriously regret not video taping it. Would love you forever!!

I have a photo from the skit but no videotape. From what the club host said, that skit is already on YouTube. (I don't think it's appropriate for viewing by children personally)

This skit itself is on YouTube several times, actually, and depending on when you've cruised, you will recognize several faces. But I did think the skit was particularly funny when the Baltic team did it, and that rendition isn't on YouTube, so far as I know.

Yes, it is on YouTube, but it's not quite the same when you don't know the people in it. I just would like one with the current cruise staff in it (I think they were better at it than the people in the you tube ones anyways). Thanks!

Anybody that hasn't been on the cruise yet, you're in for a REAL treat. Best vacation EVER!

We did this excursion, loved it! The harbor tour actually starts at a canal in the city so not sure how close to the harbor you are as they come back to that same location to end the boat ride. Then back on the bus. But it was a very active area and should not be difficult to walk or get a cab to the harbor.

Ditto -- loved our private time at Tivoli and the canal tour. We didn't get back on the bus and hung around the area where were left off, roamed into a few bars, did some shopping. After a crazy hale storm, we walked back to the ship past the palace, a pretty park with a fountain and the little mermaid spot.

Karen, it's about a 20-30 minute walk from the ship. Just don't make the mistake we did and get lost going into town, but we did find the US embassy and they gave us a nice book and map that was in English. :headache:

It's a 3.5 km walk (2.1 miles), about a 40 minute walk.
We walked there and cabbed back. One of the exits from the Tivoli is across the street from the train station. Cabs are lined up. Ours happened to be a minivan (not sure if it could hold 7)

With the Disney excursion you get an hour in the park by yourself we rode all the rides we wanted multiple times. When the park opened at 11 there were long lines that didn't move very fast.

Some folks on our tour in Coppenhagen did so as well. They had to get a taxi back But didn't seem hard as the main square had a lot of taxis about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter