The “Ask Yavn and QA_SuzyQT” Discussion Thread

LoriR

Mouseketeer and DIS Veteran
Share your thoughts and comments about the “Ask Yavn and QA_SuzyQT” answers here! Check out this link if you have not read the Q & A thread yet:
Answer Thread

Please continue to only post questions in the original “Ask” thread. Here

Thanks!

Yavn if u read this, about my question regarding the ET events. Yes they are both peak times of both coasts and yet They are a little late for little ones who have school the next day

Thanks so much for answering my question regarding Princess Rooms, stairs, etc. I really appreciate you'all taking the time to read and answer our questions.

can i have a link to where you ask questions? i just cant seem to find it ( either my eyes cant see it or it hasnt been bumped up.)

i sent a message to vmk and want to know what does everyone get the same thing in the chest in pirate room what happens if you already completed level 10 times and what is coral magic can you post a pic also is it a 1 time only magic

birdman94 said:
i sent a message to vmk and want to know what does everyone get the same thing in the chest in pirate room what happens if you already completed level 10 times and what is coral magic can you post a pic also is it a 1 time only magic
Yavn answered your first question himself here.

Originally Posted by QA_SuzyQT
what is the thought behind the firework scoring?
- Yes it’s confusing….

And I repeat, one of the questions I really looked forward to them answering and we get this?? :confused: Surely we deserve a better answer than that.

Probably a silly question...but have you ever thought of allowing our characters to have pets?
- That would be cool, and we have discussed quite a bit
Personally, I don't see the need for pets.
Pets are not allowed in the parks unless they are service animals (I believe).
Why would we really need them in the virtual park?
But, that's my opnion. :)

can you tell us what we can expect in the way of future guest rooms? Thanks testers!
-The next room will be released around November time and is “Classic” Disneyland.
Cool! :thumbsup2 We really need more Classic Disney stuff.

Will Staff be changing into a different, newly created "Staff Only" costume so the rest of us can buy/wear green flips, green baggy pants and the green crop shirt? (I ask this since green is my second favorite color)
- Yes, what do you think of the new staff look?
So does this mean those items will eventually be released for sale?
Are green flips coming back out (as you said in the newsletter)
-We have no plans to do so.
So why not? Staff won't need them anymore. If it's a question of keeping them rare, make them a weekend special. Maybe around Christmas?

Love the hats. But....do some of them really NEED those "hair extensions"? Could we have hats without the hair? Please?
- Some of the new hats do not have hair.
She says some. So does that mean that some will? :confused3

Will there ever be a way to prevent, or at least discourage, people from exiting the Haunted Mansion game? And if so, what do you plan to do?
- We are looking into charging to play as we do in the Pirates game, that should help.
Drat! :sad2:
At least that game you're more guaranteed to come out with something. There have been too many times where I've come out with nothing in the Pirates game. Not to mention I hate the uneven credits. It annoys the heck out of me.

what is the thought behind the firework scoring?
- Yes it’s confusing….
I agree with PirateDaisy. We deserve a real answer to this question.

Will we ever be able to rotate things 1/8 turn? (For all the builders out there)
- Currently the game engine does not support this…
Darn! That's really disappointing for a lot of us. :(

But many thanks to Suzy and Yavn for their time in answering our questions! :)

cteddiesgirl said:
Personally, I don't see the need for pets.
Pets are not allowed in the parks unless they are service animals (I believe).
Why would we really need them in the virtual park?
But, that's my opnion. :)

This is suppose to be the magic kingdom, you don't bring pets to magic kingdom.

Drat! :sad2:
At least that game you're more guaranteed to come out with something. There have been too many times where I've come out with nothing in the Pirates game. Not to mention I hate the uneven credits. It annoys the heck out of me.

I was pretty good at the old pirate, but I seriously dislike the new one and rarely play it. Now- haunted mansion is the only one I can win any credits on in the whole game, so of course they are changing it. Which was why I made mules in the first place, because I couldn't get enough credits in any of the games.

I've been in class all day and just got home not too long ago and ate dinner, and come back to read all of this. Yikes, my head's spinning. So many points on so many different threads, so I'm sorry if I mention something from another thread thinking it was in the Ask Suzy/Yavn thread... everything's running together, big time! :blush:

New hair sounds promising; my hair is now longer than my character's, and I'd like to change it. A ponytail option would be cute, too.

Single use magic that expires... depends on what it is. I can sort of understand it for Treasure Finder, but... personally I love magic, and the thought of just having it for a little bit, using it, then losing it... not liking that so much. :guilty:

New staff outfits look cute.

Pay to play Haunted Mansion. Didn't like that change in Pirates, and will not like it for HM either. I wish they'd only charge if you click the exit button in a game (unless you're the only player left in the entire game, or no one's left on the other side).

They seriously need more Disney character-themed items. I may be a girl, but I'd love, love, LOVE to walk around looking like Donald Duck (my hero :lovestruc ). Or even a Minnie Mouse dress with the shoes (black tights could come attached to the skirt). The possibilities are endless! Personally, while I'm looking forward to the Halloween costumes even though I have several of them, I really wish we'd get some character costumes, or character inspired costumes (aside from the 3 currently existing princess dresses). Jasmine's purple outfit, Aladdin's outfit, Ariel's blue or pink dress, a Pocahontas outfit, Mulan's pink garmet... please, please, please! Talk about marketing opportunities. So much great stuff can be taken from the classic Disney movies; I seriously hope we see lots of things inspired by the classics and soon. That's the one part of VMK I've never understood (i.e. why there isn't more of a character focus).

Lastly... pets. Pets?!!! Granted it's a sort of cute idea (sort of...), but as others have said, ya can't take a pet in the real parks unless it's an assistance animal; you have to leave them at one of the kennels and walk them I think at least 2x a day. So, maybe I'm missing the point, but I really do not see the need for pets in VMK. Then again, I also see taken and baby role playing as totally unnecessary and downright creepy (especially taken, since no one know's anyone's real age, after all), but apparently the folks in charge still think it's okay. Anyhow, I can see it now: "Daycare for homeless babies and their homeless pets" or "Taken Room for Dogs: Come find a doggie girlfriend or boyfriend for your dog!" Oy. :rolleyes:

Uh, what's with the ho hum imagination around here? I don't see anything
wrong with pets, if that floats the boat of the younger players.

We don't have a literal Magic Kingdom in VMK, so the sky should be the
limit. I mean, do you dance in a circle of fire in the real Magic Kingdom?
LOL! That would get Disney Security over to me so fast I couldn't say
"Jiminy Cricket" before they'd boot me off property.

I'm glad my hats with hair question was sort of addressed, but it still seems
like the "While we WILL have hats with no hair attached, we MIGHT still
bring out hats with hair..." type of answer. Ok, I'll deal. :)

And I'm thrilled the Haunted Mansion will start charging players to pay!
I've seen a lot of people dc, but I know players can be poor sports and
leave the game, too. I hope this change keeps them in the game unless
the connection fails or the browser crashes. (Like it does for so many of us!)

cat_herder said:
This is suppose to be the magic kingdom, you don't bring pets to magic kingdom.

I was pretty good at the old pirate, but I seriously dislike the new one and rarely play it. Now- haunted mansion is the only one I can win any credits on in the whole game, so of course they are changing it. Which was why I made mules in the first place, because I couldn't get enough credits in any of the games.
Another thing I have against the pay to play is, I have paid to play and then get dc'd in the middle of the game. So I come out minus 21 credits. It doesn't matter how much I gain in a game or not, paying still cuts into my credits in the long run. If you play the game 24 times, you lost a weekend pin you could have bought.

I have also seen people leave the Pirates game, even though they paid to play it. For some, as long as they think that they can make up the credits elsewhere, they don't care if they leave or not. Also, others are only concerned with winning, so if they think they are losing they will quit, regardless of how much they pay to play.

The way to keep people in the game is not to punish them, but reward them.
If you're playing HM for a quest and the other team leaves (either by choice or by dc), if you catch the amount of ghosts you need for the quest, it should still count.
The team with a player still there at the end should also be considered the winner by default. Thereby getting the winner's credits.

SorcererDonald16 said:
Lastly... pets. Pets?!!!

Oh my gosh...I didn't realize I would cause such trauma by asking this forewarned "silly" question. I asked because I know how much my child would love this idea -- and I think it's cute...so there. No one else has to agree here, but thanks for your opinions. :teeth:

My daughter would love the pets too...

I'm bummed about the un-answer for the fireworks question... we know it is confusing- actually not really confusing- just doesn't make logical sense... oh I get it- the fireworks must be in Wonderland- no logic there lol

Paying to play- meh- doesn't really bother me- I don't play that often- but I like the pay to exit much better! That would probably decrease some of it right there. Or how about letting the other team get credit for cleaning ghosts in quests if they get the right number even if the other team quits...

My little girl would also love some girly princess type rooms... lol I better get to playing some more- I seem to have stopped with things going on at home and work- and credits are falling...

Can't wait for next month and the new and mystery costumes...

Well, I think having pets as "animated" furniture pieces could be a fun addition (such as a cat you could have curled up on a rug in your room) or a dog sitting wagging its tale or a parrot on a stand that squawks if you click on it. Since it is the magic kingdom, maybe we could have more exotic pets (think tigers, dragons-which we actually have in the Maleficent room, unicorns). How many of our little girls would adore having a pretty unicorn to put in their rooms (perhaps as a "chair")? I know having a tiger "prowling" about the Maleficent fortress or Caribbean town square would be very cool. It would be a nice addition for all of our animal lovers and, while animals are not permitted in the real parks and I don't care to see guests "walking" their dogs along Main Street, I consider our rooms our private "home" in VMK and see nothing wrong with having animals in those.

Yikes... AmberDaze, I was not attacking you or your thoughts or that of your child. I didn't even know you were the one who asked the question; like I said I got home late and was trying to read as much as I could and keep it all straight. I was just really surprised that it might happen, and that was what I was trying to convey with the "?!!!" punctuation. It didn't cause me any trauma, though. :rotfl2: What bevgray said is pretty much my problem with it; I love animals a lot, and if it's something for guest rooms, that could be cute. Or if they added an Animal Kingdom section, it would be nice. But the thought of players walking dogs/having cats follow them down Main Street, the Castle Forecourt, etc. is just a little too *much* for me. :confused3 So if my opinion came off offensively, I apologize for that, as it wasn't intended to. I was surprised, not horrified, LOL. :grouphug:

Yavn/QA_SuzyQT:

Can you give us a little hint as to the theme of November? ;) Just a tiny hint? It can be one word if you so wish it. :teeth:

SorcererDonald16 said:
Yikes... AmberDaze, I was not attacking you or your thoughts or that of your child.

Hey, no worries mate! ;) It wasn't just your post...I came across a few that were against the pet idea...but hey, it's ok! No offense taken, really. :grouphug:

Pirate-Emery said:
Yavn/QA_SuzyQT:

Can you give us a little hint as to the theme of November? ;) Just a tiny hint? It can be one word if you so wish it. :teeth:
Ok here is my hint of a guess: Fresh Fred. LOL.

Can you imagine a offical VMK forum?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter