The “Ask Yavn and QA_SuzyQT” Discussion Thread

Wow, I was surprised that they wanted to keep some clothes exclusive to
registration! There are a LOT of color choices for those popular shirts,
and I would hate to see those go "non-tradeable". :(

Oh well, at least I asked. :)

QA_Suzy said:
Q - Will there be a monorail revamp in the future? They are getting a little old and creaky.
A - Yes we have some ideas…

Woot! Can't wait!

After all, I came up with the ideas and sent them to VMK. The black hole let that e-mail through! Woot! :cool1:

I hope they can find a way to allow personal song choices in the guest rooms, that would be the best improvement to vmk (in my musical opinion lol).

Yavn Q&A said:
Q - In addition to rewarding the 1st place finisher in Fireworks. Any thoughts about replacing the current prize for coming in first the first time. The VMK bracelet is redundant since you get it in the park for doing the in-park quests. How about something like Invisibility magic since you can't win that anymore from playing Pirates, or maybe one of the new Magics when they are released.
A - This is a great place for a Single Use Pin!
Oh God No! Please, oh please, don't let it be so. I love the Fireworks game and Single Use (or as I like to refer to it - Trash Magic) is LAME. You've already ruined Pirates for me, please don't take away another mini-game.

I'm sorry Yavn and team, but I think you struck out on this one. This idea of giving away an item that we can't keep (1x use - Strike One, Expires so we don't have a choice but to use it within a limited timeframe - Strike Two) and only ever get to use once for a whopping 15 seconds (little/pointless effect, Strike Three) is dumb. Especially when you force it on us as our payment for a game we worked hard to win (Strike Four - hey you're only supposed to get 3 and you're out!).

I don't mean to be rude, but that's my opinion in a nutshell.

Goofy_Bob said:
Oh God No! Please, oh please, don't let it be so. I love the Fireworks game and Single Use (or as I like to refer to it - Trash Magic) is LAME. You've already ruined Pirates for me, please don't take away another mini-game.

I'm sorry Yavn and team, but I think you struck out on this one. This idea of giving away an item that we can't keep (1x use - Strike One, Expires so we don't have a choice but to use it within a limited timeframe - Strike Two) and only ever get to use once for a whopping 15 seconds (little/pointless effect, Strike Three) is dumb. Especially when you force it on us as our payment for a game we worked hard to win (Strike Four - hey you're only supposed to get 3 and you're out!).

I don't mean to be rude, but that's my opinion in a nutshell.
I'm kind of on the fence here with your comments. I agree with some but disagree with others. I honestly don't see the point in making the Coral magic a one time use. You're right that that's kind of rediculous. However, I think the keys make a lot of sense. If the keys weren't one time use, we could get treasure whenever we want. I think it's a good incentive to play pirates. Worst case scenario, you get 100 credits, and even though it's not the greatest prize, that's still not too bad. I do, however, think the expiration date on the keys should be increased to a week, or at least maybe three days.

As far as getting a one time use magic for winning fireworks, I want to agree with you that that's a bad idea, but I don't want to pass judgement until I see what kind of one time use it is, because I originally thought the keys weren't the greatest idea either. This might be enjoyable.

Mnementh said:
As far as getting a one time use magic for winning fireworks, I want to agree with you that that's a bad idea, but I don't want to pass judgement until I see what kind of one time use it is, because I originally thought the keys weren't the greatest idea either. This might be enjoyable.

I agree.

I also thought that one time use is pointless when it comes to TICMP, though that isn't quoted. Just feeling lazy today, so I didn't quote it :)

Now, one time use for fireworks? Not good. What if they make the one time use for that the formerly permanent use Fireworks Magic pin? Like keep the old fireworks magic for those who have it, but make the new ones one time only?

What if they give you one time use magic for the upincoming ones: flying carpet magic or treasure detecting magic or a possibility of either? The treasure detecting one wouldn't be so bad, but flying carpet? No, no, no, NO!

Certain pins should be kept at once only, but others, no way! Here is what I think it should be:

TICMP: Definitely permanent!
Flying carpet: Permanent!
Keys: One time is fine.
Treasure detecting: One time or make the pin recharge every hour or so.

so many questions................

are we aware of yavn's real name???

what are the working conditions of vmk workers? (do they work from home, or in an office???)

where are the "vmk headquarters"??? (i mean the place with the vmk server and possibly where people work on vmk. i'm guessing maybe california???)

i'm guessing there's extensive training to gain a job as a member of the in-game staff. what does this training involve????

do the people that develop the game work at all with the in-game staff??? no, right???? and the people that design clothes and stuff, is that sulake or did they only set up the program???? (the company is sulake, right???)

okay, i know these questions are weird, and i feel stupid asking some of them, but they will all come together in one final product. and if you have anymore info related to any of those questions, just let me know.

oh and just thought i should say, i'm in NOT thinking of applying for a job working on vmk, lol!

I hope they do:
mission space
star tours, and Indy Jones (impossible I know...)
new dance moves
a closet
a pin book
the ability to create new items from parts of old items
restaurants and related items/minigames (espn zone)
AK Safari (Jc on steroids)
Adventurers club+club 33 quest (to join)
more shops
Finally California Adventure

These are the things I want (but probably won't have)
PrinceLegolas

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter