Thanksgiving week?

tweetie

Mouseketeer
How crowded is it the week of Thanksgiving? I was thinking of going that Saturday before and coming back either on Thanksgiving day or the day after. How does it compare to Spring Break week?

We've never been during Spring Break, but we spent Thanksgiving week of 2003, 2004, and 2005 at WDW. Each time we arrived the Sat before and left the Sat after. It was more crowded than we expected in 2003, and threw us for a loop at MK on a Sun. But we adjusted , learned to use fastpass, etc and enjoyed it. 2004 & 05 crowds were about the same but we were prepared for it. That being said, it was crowded BUT very manageable. Each trip was great. Our school system now gives us a week long break in Oct and that's when we went in '06 and back in '07.

Years ago Thanksgiving day was one of the slowest days in the parks. Everyone was at home with family. Now a days its often a very crowded day.

We are going during the exact same time frame. I'm wondering if it's as crowded as Easter break or more so.

We went last year from the Friday before to the Saturday after. It was VERY crowded. Not as bad as Easter week, from what I understand, but the parks were pretty jammed--FP's for EE and Soarin' gone before lunchtime, 2 hour plus waits, etc. My advice would be to get to the parks early and take an afternoon break.

There are only 2 times of year that I won't go to WDW (unless someone else is paying, that is!) and they are Easter and Christmas to New Year's Day. I've done both before and I think I'm just getting too old!

However, Thanksgiving is busy like mid-summer. Plan to go early, take a break, then go back later. Take your time and don't stress!

We are going the 11/16-11/20, leaving right before Thanksgiving. This allows us to go to a MVMCP, see the decorations and enjoy everything with a few 10,000s of my closest friends (ie, anyone who loves Disney!). The only thing I won't be able to do is see the Candlelight Processional, but DH has to get back!

HTH

June

We are going the day AFTER Thanksgiving for a week and I may add on 2 days and stay till the Sunday. It wouldn't give us much time to recuperate before heading back to work and school, but OTOH, it is a TRIP for us so I want to make the most of it. Several people have told me it should be OK. Now I'm starting to get concerned.

Rachel

It's not nearly as crowded as Easter or Spring break,especially before Wednesday. After spending from the Saturday before Thanksgiving to the Saturday after, we've decided to make this one of our annual trips. The weather is funny though. We absolutely froze a couple of days,so watch the weather carefully. We had to buy warmups and sweatshirts. A bonus is all of the Christmas decorations.

Many times we've arrived on Thanksgiving Day and stayed a week or ten days. You'd be surprised but flying on the holiday is soooo much cheaper than the days preceding it and the weekend after. We haven't done much park time the first couple of days, maybe an Epcot evening for dinner or MK for the fireworks because starting Sunday around noon the parks get much slower and stay that way for the following weekdays. So, if you can take the three days after the weekend instead of the week before it will be much less busy. So few kids go to school on that M/T/W of Thanksgiving week that our district is giving us the entire week off starting this year so it looks like I might have to readjust when we go if we go this November. Past years, we had the following Friday off so the kids only missed four days for a 10-day vacation.

I am planning to take a Mom & Daughter trip Nov 16 - 21. It'll be the first time I'll be there just me and DD(10). I am currently booked at Pop Century and just waiting for Southwest to release their next batch of dates. We're expecting some crowds, but we're used to it - we'll be there for two weeks for 4th of July!

I have thought about changing to CSR, if only I knew what the weather would be like! If I knew we'd have some warm days, I'd change because I know my DD would love the pool at CSR with the slide! But I don't want to pay the extra money and not be able to use the pool!

We've been several times the week AFTER Thanksgiving - sometimes it was warm enough to swim, and other times, it was too cold for us!!

Argh, decisions, decisions!!!

How crowded is it the week of Thanksgiving? I was thinking of going that Saturday before and coming back either on Thanksgiving day or the day after. How does it compare to Spring Break week?

Hi,

We were at WDW from the Saturday before Thanksgiving through the Saturday after in 2005. Sat through Tue the parks were managable but more crowded then when we normaly travel (Jan and Sept.). The day before was packed at EC. On Thanksgiving Day the girls did breakfast and spa treatments in the morning and the boys did a fishing trip then we headed over to the Studios for the rest of the day and it was very manageable. We had our big meal of the day at 50's Prime Time and it was very good. Friday we went to the AK and it was crowded but managable. On our travel day home the kids hung out at the resort pool with their parents while hubby and I did some resort touring.

It is nice time of year to travel. We did a long weekend in Dec in 2006 and will do that again this year as well as our regular Sept week long trip.

We're about to go to the Poly for nine days later this month (our longest trip) but now you all have me wanting to go at Thanksgiving too!

Question: do all the restaurants offer a version of Thanksgiving dinner? Or are the menus pretty much what they typically are on Thanksgiving day, no change in honor of the holiday?

We're about to go to the Poly for nine days later this month (our longest trip) but now you all have me wanting to go at Thanksgiving too!

Question: do all the restaurants offer a version of Thanksgiving dinner? Or are the menus pretty much what they typically are on Thanksgiving day, no change in honor of the holiday?

I would not say "all" but most do either only offer a traditional Thanksgiving Day meal or they do what the 50's Prime Time did which is they offer the regular menu as well as a traditional Thanksgiving Day meal for a fixed price. This worked for us as not everyone in the party wanted the traditional meal, including me :laughing:

We're planning to go 11/13-11/22....flying home on T'giving. We were originally going to go for the entire wk. before T'giving wk. or the wk. after but the arifare was much cheaper to go on the 13 and 22.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter