• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thanks so far...

#1MMFan

Space Mountain Maniac
Thanks for your responses so far. I was in Toronto in October last year, so fortunately enjoyed doing the CN tower then. My mum was really interested in going to the zoo. How long would it take to get there, and what's the most convenient method of transport. Also, she's wondering how to get to the nearest Sears store (don't ask!).

Is it worth exploring the PATH or are the shops not really worth bothering about. I'm right in thinking you could get to it from the Eaton Centre.

Also, what about cinemas? We thought about going last time on an evening, but we couldn't find one.

Just 18 days and counting according to my sister!

John :bounce:

There are cinemas in the Eaton Centre. I believe a famous players cinema opened at Yonge and Dundas (the north end of the Eaton Centre) last year.

The path has many of the same stores that you will find in the Eaton Centre. However the hours tend to cater to commuters (many open by 8 a.m. are closed in the evenings, have short Saturday hours and are closed on Sunday). You will find that the Eaton Centre is much longer - to accomodate tourism and local office workers. You will find the odd speciality or non-chain/franchisee shops however many are pricey. It is also easy to get turned around and dis-oriented in the path. Many people find it confusing even with the colourcoded overhead signs.

There is a Sears store at Gerrard Square (it is slightly east of downtown). I do not know the exact location but pass it on the train on my way into work downtown.

Car is the best way to get to the Zoo as it is in the northeast corner of Toronto.

Enjoy.

I'm not from Toronto but I know that the Sears at Gerrard Square is a clearance store & not the greatest in my opinion...unless you really like bargains & enjoy digging for things. It's not your typical Sears store.

Here's the link to the Sears stores in the Toronto area:

Sears

Maybe someone else can tell you which one would be the closest for you.

Lisa

DisneyLisa you have taught me something too. I didn't know that was a clearance store!

In terms of going to other Sears, if you do go to the Zoo, you may have a car (you also talked about a day trip to Niagara), and there is a large Sears at Scarborough Town Centre which you will pass enroute to the zoo from downtown. There is also a Disney store in Scarborough Town Centre (as well as in the Eaton Centre).

Cam Fam

There is also a bus that goes to the zoo that I think is $5.00 a person. I'll check my info and find out for you.

Ok here it is..go to the part about how to get there and it will give you the info for the go train and the bus. It goes right to the zoo and you don't have to worry about parking.

http://www.torontozoo.com/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter