Tent campers, what stakes do you use

I usually travel as lightweight as possible. I've had good luck in the past finding a big rock to pound stakes with, but might not be able to find one easily there. Just wondered if maybe I could find a loaner hammer if I needed one. I'll call the Fort ahead of time and ask if there is one I can use

I travel minmalist as well, but wouldn't sweat the extra weight of a mallet(of course, I carry a smaller electric guitar...3/4 size, so a mallet isn't a big deal). Likely though, Disney will be happy to sell you one at double cost in their camp supplies store.

I made the mistake of purchasing special sand stakes for our trip, after reading they were a necessity. Baloney. That "sand" is super-packed, it's more like asphault than a beach. We used the regular little metal stakes our Coleman tent came with, & they worked perfectly. Couldn't even get the sand stakes into the ground.

The ones I chose are general use aluminum 9" stakes. A bit upgraded, but not specialized. I will also be using this for hunting and fishing trips, so an upgrade makes sense.

Sorry for the way off-topic post------but is there a chance I might borrow from a neighbor camper a mallet for placing tent stakes? I don't want to pack the extra weight as I'm flying in to the Fort. Maybe a possibility that there is one at the check in desk?

I use aluminum gutter nails, but have no idea if they will work for the tent pads at the Fort.

While I could not say for certain, it has been my experience that campers, in general, tend to be friendlier, more helpful, and just all around nice folks. Again, there is always an exception. That said, I would think you could find someone that would be willing to allow you to borrow a hammer/mallet.

While I could not say for certain, it has been my experience that campers, in general, tend to be friendlier, more helpful, and just all around nice folks. Again, there is always an exception. That said, I would think you could find someone that would be willing to allow you to borrow a hammer/mallet.

That has been my experience as well. That's why I love camping, and why I prefer it to a stay at one of the hotels. I'll go with a positive attitude, and I feel certain that I'll get the stakes set.

As John Muir (almost sorta kinda) said so many years ago, "The Fort is calling, and I must go!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter