Ten COVID-19 cases identified on cruise ship approaching New Orleans

There are also many Canadians who are flying straight home and need a negative test to fly back home. So cruise lines offer on onboard screening

Keep in mind that DCL is currently testing all unvaccinated guests on the second to last day of all cruises over 5 nights. Other cruise lines may be doing something similar.

It is up to 17 now, including a crew member. According to Louisiana health officials the crew member was not resident of the state and remained on the ship.

I read the safety protocols on the NCL website. Fully vaccinated crew and passengers- but no mask requirements, no social distancing, self service buffet.

A recent article says the ship has sailed again. Guests are now required to be masked indoors at all times when not eating or drinking.

Last edited:
Probably not. It is within guidelines, no speculation, no opinion, just the facts.
I was quoting the one opinion and the line between fact and opinion is very thin in a Covid world. I've seen threads being closed for less.

I was quoting the one opinion and the line between fact and opinion is very thin in a Covid world. I've seen threads being closed for less.
That just comes with privately run Bulletin Boards. Their board, their rules.

I've been following a thread on another cruise forum, the cruise that left last night is now masked indoors. People were given the option of cancelling for a full refund but if they kept their sailing they were given $200OBC and a discount on a future cruise. The ship did not leave NOLA last night until nearly midnight.

Another option for how this may be detected is via crew testing. Most cruise lines including DCL are doing periodic testing of crew members without symptoms just to monitor things on board. One CM on DCL said they get tested every two weeks. If a crew member tested positive, it stands to reason the cruise line might requires guests with documented close contact to the crew member to undergo testing (e.g., guests served by a dining team member, people who had a massage from a spa worker, families whose kids had contact with a kids club staff member etc.).

I haven't been able to differentiate between the two. If there even is a line it's very blurry. I believe stats are not allowed either. I think stats would fall in the fact category, but I guess stats lead to opinions, and then everything snowballs out of control.

Another option for how this may be detected is via crew testing. Most cruise lines including DCL are doing periodic testing of crew members without symptoms just to monitor things on board. One CM on DCL said they get tested every two weeks. If a crew member tested positive, it stands to reason the cruise line might requires guests with documented close contact to the crew member to undergo testing (e.g., guests served by a dining team member, people who had a massage from a spa worker, families whose kids had contact with a kids club staff member etc.).
That theory sounds feasible.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter