Temp Checks

and coming into full summer anyone standing in the sun their skin temperature will be well above 100 deg. So what was useful in fall, winter and early spring is now useless. Unless they do screening in resort lobby it will be useless in FL shortly

Have you forgotten that they did temperature checks at the parks in July/August/September 2020? Wasn’t a problem then.

I think they’ll drop temp checks at some point in the not too distant future, but I don’t understand your summer/hot weather argument. They did temp checks all last summer after reopening.

Last edited:
I wouldnt be surprised if they are dropped at the year mark from opening since year contracts are common.

I bet once Orange County losses restrictions, the theme parks will follow soon after. This week in Colorado, the governor turned over COVID control to the local governments. Immediatelf, the city of Denver and surrounding cities dropped all measures. Restaurants are back at full capacity, no masks, no temp checks, etc.

Have you forgotten that they did temperature checks at the parks in July/August/September 2020? Wasn’t a problem then.

I think they’ll drop temp checks at some point in the not too distant future, but I don’t understand your summer/hot weather argument. They did temp checks all last summer after reopening.

i had forgotten that, but a temp check after standing in the sun would still show an elevated temperature unless it was being done with a thermal camera which can see the difference between core heating and surface heating unlike an IR thermometer. Tokyo Narita Singapore and Istanbul airports use thermal cameras at the gates to screen for fever

Temp checks are security theater and worthless. The sanitation "theater," while probably mostly worthless in preventing Covid, is actually quite useful in preventing a ton of other bacteria and virus transmission, including the flu, so I hope the sanitation "theater" continues.

I love the Jammitors:rotfl2:Actually, I do appreciate the cleaning, but I think it will go by the wayside too.

I had forgotten

We had no issues in July. We live in Texas. Last summer, I would work out outside in the sun, come in and take my temp, and it would only be a a degree higher, maybe. It could be an issue for some, but from first hand accounts, they are incredibly lenient with allowing people to cool off in AC with ice cold water before not allowing entry.

One thing I had forgotten to consider...is Universal still doing temp checks? I'd be a little surprised if Disney dropped temp checks when Universal was still doing them. They might get negative publicity for appearing "less safe" than Universal.

One thing I had forgotten to consider...is Universal still doing temp checks? I'd be a little surprised if Disney dropped temp checks when Universal was still doing them. They might get negative publicity for appearing "less safe" than Universal.
Yes, they are. At least I'm pretty sure.

Yes. Universal does them at the City Walk parking garage entrance and the entrance to the hotels, which are owned by Loews.

If they are gradually easing restrictions, and they should be as more and more people are being vaccinated, it just makes sense that this will be the next to go. Handwashing stations are gone, some social distancing is being relaxed, mask are not required for stationary outside photos when others are not nearby, it could be next. I agree with PP's that it will save money for Disney, which gets their corporate attention, and it is mostly for show. I also think Disney is going the "gradual" route to returning to normal, and masks will be the last to go. Others have speculated that wearing masks outdoors will go before wearing masks inside, but I think this would be horrendous for CM's to enforce. I'm just glad for baby steps-

Silver Dollar City in Branson just announced they are relaxing their mask requirements. Mask will be required in line, on rides, and in buildings. I believe they have already removed temp checks also. Seeing these changes at smaller venues may lend a bit of credence to possible changes at Disney in the near future.

Handwashing stations are gone,
This kind of decision is just asinine to me. Handwashing stations should be permanent. Good hand hygiene should be as easy as possible in Disney World, not just for covid prevention but for everything prevention. Last time I went to disney pre-pandemic on like a crowd level 8 day I remember the sinks in the bathrooms having such low water pressure it was basically a trickle of water to wash your hands. That’s a problem if that’s what we’re returning to.

This kind of decision is just asinine to me. Handwashing stations should be permanent. Good hand hygiene should be as easy as possible in Disney World, not just for covid prevention but for everything prevention. Last time I went to disney pre-pandemic on like a crowd level 8 day I remember the sinks in the bathrooms having such low water pressure it was basically a trickle of water to wash your hands. That’s a problem if that’s what we’re returning to.

the hand washing stations should have been replaced by permanent ones, Because between hand sanitizer and improved handwashing we crushed cold and flu and food borne illnesses during pandemic because of those two items. So lets try and keep all the disease related wins intact

the weird thing is Universal seems to be much more efficient at doing them than Disney just like their security neither becomes a vast choke point
I don't remember if you said you've been recently but security at Disney is really easy now, you just walk through, no bag check. Sometimes a water bottle or umbrella will set off the alarms but they just check your bag then...otherwise, it's an easy walk through. It's actually easier than Universal where you have to put your bag through the xray scanner and it can get crowded and backed up.

Not sure how much they help anyway. I have no doubt some people who have fevers med up and lie. Plus tons of people have COVID without a fever, including me when I had it in January. I'm honestly surprised so many people are still doing it.

Agreed. I prefer all the helpful safety protocols in place that we can get. But temp checks don't seem very effective IMO.

Silver Dollar City in Branson just announced they are relaxing their mask requirements. Mask will be required in line, on rides, and in buildings. I believe they have already removed temp checks also. Seeing these changes at smaller venues may lend a bit of credence to possible changes at Disney in the near future.

Im not too sure Branson, Missouri has its finger on the pulse of up to date COVID protocols.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter