Temp Checks

Not sure how much they help anyway. I have no doubt some people who have fevers med up and lie. Plus tons of people have COVID without a fever, including me when I had it in January. I'm honestly surprised so many people are still doing it.
I agree. I don't even think its a main symptom anymore. I think there is going to be some more easing back on restrictions soon on property but i thought temp checks would be around for a while.

Not sure how much they help anyway. I have no doubt some people who have fevers med up and lie. Plus tons of people have COVID without a fever, including me when I had it in January. I'm honestly surprised so many people are still doing it.
It’s a Swiss cheese method of filtering out who’s potentially infected. It’s not fool proof.

I mean, sounds more plausible than most rumors on this board where the source is "I heard it somewhere." Doesn't mean it has any basis in fact, but it's plausible. Seems like something they'd eventually need to do as capacity increases.

If I understand the temperature check situation correctly, WDW has hired Advent Health (a third-party) to conduct the screenings outside security and taps. I'm spit-balling a bit here but Advent Health is charging WDW for its services rendered. Elimination of the temperature check screenings would save money and eliminate potential guest bottlenecks/stoppages.

I have several observations about the continued use of temperature checks moving forward: 1. My employer (a government entity with a public health department) no longer requires employees to do a daily checks at the start of the work day; 2. Within the past 2-weeks, I have visited 2 separate vaccine clinics (one for me and one for DS), a doctor clinic, and a hospital and no temperature screenings were required; 3. my DD contracted COVID-19 and had no elevated temperature; and, 4. more and more people continue to be vaccinated.

I wouldn't be surprised if WDW ended temperature screenings soon too.

When I had Covid, I checked my temperature several times a day with a forehead thermometer and two different digital oral thermometer. If I went with the forehead thermometer, I never had a fever. With the oral ones, my temperature ranged fro 99.6-100.9.

I think the most implausible part of the rumor is that it implies a secret decision has been made, but will not be implemented for three weeks. I think that, as soon as Disney decides they don't have to do temp checks any more, they'll say so and end them immediately.

I think they are a waste of money and time - in Disney, offices, etc. I get it early on and even now - no one has all the answers. My understanding/thoughts/opinion/right or wrong - not everyone with COVID has a temperature. Not sure what purpose it serves. Yes, a show. They tried - like everyone else. Followed guidelines and made people/guests feel more comfortable - wether it was going into Disney or a dentist office.

I am surprised they have not stopped it earlier.

As a woman of a certain age, I am anxious for them to drop temperature checks. I have anxiety every day about whether I will get in the park, even though I take my temp with an oral thermometer every morning in my room and it’s normal.

Where did you see this rumor?
I think the most implausible part of the rumor is that it implies a secret decision has been made, but will not be implemented for three weeks. I think that, as soon as Disney decides they don't have to do temp checks any more, they'll say so and end them immediately.
well it could be because a third party does it and maybe there is some sort of agreement on when it will end

well it could be because a third party does it and maybe there is some sort of agreement on when it will end
I'm sure the contract only requires Disney to pay them until a certain date. Disney could pay them without having them do the work. Indeed, it might be poor optics to wait until the contract is ending to decide that the temperature checks are now no longer medically necessary.

Let us be honest, the Temp checks were for show only. I do not know of any recommendation by the CDC or any Medical group that recommended them. I only hope that Disney does away with these.

and coming into full summer anyone standing in the sun their skin temperature will be well above 100 deg. So what was useful in fall, winter and early spring is now useless. Unless they do screening in resort lobby it will be useless in FL shortly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter