Temp Checks

They’re called restrooms. They have sinks in them with soap and water.

yes and are usually jam packed so even getting to a sink is challenging. There are many advantages to freestanding hand washing stations. Its one of the reasons hospitals and commercial kitchens have them all over the place as there is nothing more effectve than Soap and water for removing disease causing organisms. It even keeps norovirus at bay while preventing the spread of cold and flu.

Agreed. I prefer all the helpful safety protocols in place that we can get. But temp checks don't seem very effective IMO.

Im not too sure Branson, Missouri has its finger on the pulse of up to date COVID protocols.

Its not just Silver Dollar City, its also Dolly wood and Wild Adventures in GA they are under the same owner.

We have been three times in the past year. Everytime I ask the people have you had anyone have a fever yet? They always say no.
My DH uses the same thermometers at work he says they do not work well.

They’re called restrooms. They have sinks in them with soap and water.
Their restroom sinks are horrible. As I posted earlier, on a crowd level 8 day I had multiple experiences of restroom sinks at Magic Kingdom where, at best, you could get a trickle of water. Also the restrooms arent as widely displaced as the handwashing stations could be. Putting more handwashing stations around the park will encourage handwashing. If you don't want to use them, you don't have to, but there are people who definitely will, especially after coming off of a ride where they've had to touch a lot of surfaces but without wanting to have to walk all the way to one of the bathrooms. There is no downside to it except for the modest cost.

In almost 30 years of going to WDW I’ve never had a problem washing my hands.

Guess you haven't been on a crowd level 10 day.

Right & ppl should continue to adhere to not touching their faces or mouths. I’ve never understood the obsession with sanitizer in all this. I wash my hands well before I eat & otherwise keep my hands out of mouth & face. I did this way before Covid.

I have allergies, so I am constantly blowing my nose or messing with my eyes. Hand sanitizer sucks in your eyeball. I have been more diligent about not touching them when out in public, since Covid. However, it can be really hard sometimes.

Their restroom sinks are horrible. As I posted earlier, on a crowd level 8 day I had multiple experiences of restroom sinks at Magic Kingdom where, at best, you could get a trickle of water. Also the restrooms arent as widely displaced as the handwashing stations could be. Putting more handwashing stations around the park will encourage handwashing. If you don't want to use them, you don't have to, but there are people who definitely will, especially after coming off of a ride where they've had to touch a lot of surfaces but without wanting to have to walk all the way to one of the bathrooms. There is no downside to it except for the modest cost.

precisely so, this situation is the worst in the MK and DHS. Epcot and AK have washrooms which frequently are empty or only have one or two users

If people don't use them there's no reason to keep them. And when I was there I never saw anyone use them.

I am a bit concerned because I normally run a little warm (98.9, 99.0, etc) add that with pre menopause where I spike a fever and hot weather ( I am from west Texas where the sun is not forgiving and I do register a fever if I have been out for a period of time)

I did read there are cool off stations and rechecks, can anyone confirm? I work at an elementary school where we are doing temp checks and man it has not been fun for me. When my family (total of 6) got Covid back in January 3 of us spiked fevers, 3 never did. So I agree that temp checks might not be the way to go.

I am a bit concerned because I normally run a little warm (98.9, 99.0, etc) add that with pre menopause where I spike a fever and hot weather ( I am from west Texas where the sun is not forgiving and I do register a fever if I have been out for a period of time)

I did read there are cool off stations and rechecks, can anyone confirm? I work at an elementary school where we are doing temp checks and man it has not been fun for me. When my family (total of 6) got Covid back in January 3 of us spiked fevers, 3 never did. So I agree that temp checks might not be the way to go.

I'm nervous about this too. My teen son has always run warm - about the same as you. And he gets overheated very easy. He's been known to throw up after doing a lot of strenuous activity in the sun as well. I've never checked his temp when that's happened but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a bit higher. Not that he's every thrown up at Disney (it's usually after some type of sporting activity in the extreme heat) but I'm definitely nervous about the temp checks especially when we may be hopping later in the day when he's more likely to be overheated. We'll be there mid June so I'm really hoping the temp checks are gone by then!

I'm nervous about this too. My teen son has always run warm - about the same as you. And he gets overheated very easy. He's been known to throw up after doing a lot of strenuous activity in the sun as well. I've never checked his temp when that's happened but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a bit higher. Not that he's every thrown up at Disney (it's usually after some type of sporting activity in the extreme heat) but I'm definitely nervous about the temp checks especially when we may be hopping later in the day when he's more likely to be overheated. We'll be there mid June so I'm really hoping the temp checks are gone by then!

Oh man! Your son sounds like me when I was growing up. My doctor said its a side effect of the sun. Some people are blessed with great "cool down programs in their body" some ...not so much! I am taking cooling towels as well.. I am hoping between that that and neck fans I should be good!

My first post Covid visit was last July. I rode the Skyliner over to Epcot the first day, and did not pass the first temp reading (I am a woman of a certain age as well). I was sent to a nearby tent with a fan (no AC) and ice cold water to drink. I sat in there for about fifteen minutes, drinking the water, and they came and checked me again and I passed and was allowed in. I had taken my temp with an oral thermometer before leaving my room, and my temp was normal, so I knew I did not have a fever.

I did not have any issues the remainder of that trip, or for my ten day August trip. But I worried about it every day.

My first post Covid visit was last July. I rode the Skyliner over to Epcot the first day, and did not pass the first temp reading (I am a woman of a certain age as well). I was sent to a nearby tent with a fan (no AC) and ice cold water to drink. I sat in there for about fifteen minutes, drinking the water, and they came and checked me again and I passed and was allowed in. I had taken my temp with an oral thermometer before leaving my room, and my temp was normal, so I knew I did not have a fever.

I did not have any issues the remainder of that trip, or for my ten day August trip. But I worried about it every day.
I agree that they will probably find a way to end them by summer. Some ppl keep citing that they already did them last summer. But I wonder if they know they had a lot of issues like your situation last summer . Plus it’s more crowded now so more ppl will be waiting in the sun longer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter