Tell me where I went wrong?

poohj80 said:
Two thoughts on this idea:

1) There is a car company (think it's National but worth double checking) that you can rent from at the airport and return on Disney property. Might be worth the convenience even if they are a little more expensive but you've got lots of time to look for discount codes.
2) Rent from the airport and spend a day going to see the beach (Cocoa Beach is a nice area and you can visit KSC if you're into that sort of thing). There are outlet malls off I-4 and I-Drive that have Disney outlet stores if you want to check them out before checking in.

It's not too late but the sooner the better. As for character meals, I suggest any with your kid's favorite characters. Our favorite is the Pooh meals at the Crystal Palace at MK. Liberty Tree Tavern is nice too.

So it isnt too late for the Liberty Tree meal or the Crystal Palace? I know the Disney Princess one is, but Im sure ds7 wouldnt want to do that!! lol--Im sure all 3 would enjoy Mickey though!!

Im going to research the rental car deal a little more and post what I find. If we can get a car from the airport and drive and then just drop it off at Disney--that would be awesome!!! I just didnt think it was possible!! (we have never rented a car before)

Is it easy to get lost in the Orlando airport? I just seen a pic of it--and I must say--it even gives me a headache the thought of getting through it!!

smfritz03 said:
So it isnt too late for the Liberty Tree meal or the Crystal Palace?
Only way to know is to call and ask. Remember, Crystal Palace serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner so you may have to be flexible with times.

smfritz03 said:
Is it easy to get lost in the Orlando airport? I just seen a pic of it--and I must say--it even gives me a headache the thought of getting through it!!
It is well marked and suggest using the 417 toll road over the Beeline. Also highly recommend the rental agencies that are at the airport vs the ones you have to use a shuttle bus to get to.

Ok--I made a ressie through National--for pickup at Airport and drop off at Disney--no price difference for the different location---but for one day the total for a Grand AM type car (standard) w/ tax and all is $46.83 --so that isnt bad at all!!! But I will keep watching for discount codes and just rebook it! Im calling Disney tonight to make my ressies--BUT (i know-here we go again!!)

what discount does the AAA card get for rooms? Is it worth buying for the savings?

New update----I went ahead and booked through Disney for 2 rooms at the All Star Movies---the total cost was $570 (AAA)--which is a difference of $162 if we stayed offsite--but then you factor-we do not need a rental car for all the days now--can save time at the parks and actually take a rest in the middle of the day--so Im pretty happy. I wasnt sure about going to the value resorts at Disney--but I think the kids will enjoy it.

However--can I ask for a certain room area? Which are the ones to ask for? The lady only offered me a standard room w/ the AAA discount---so I have no idea if I should go w/ what they assign me--or ask for something certain??

When I booked a room at the AllStar Music the only choice he gave me was whether i wanted to stay in the preferred building or one of the standard buildings. When I told him I wanted one of the standard buildings, he didn't ask me which one. I told him which building I wanted (Jazz), but he made it perfectly clear that they didn't take requests. I do understand that it would be a nightmare to accomodate everyone's preference. However, when we checked it, I did get my request.

I guess it doesnt matter as much--I dont care alot about location--I just figured the kids would enjoy 101 Dals, Fantasia, or Toy Story--otherwise I could care less about how close we are to the pool!!!! Heck, Im just excited to be going to Disney and the best luck of all is having that other hotel reroute our ressies cuz now we are staying ONSITE!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter