• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tell me about Sanaa

Love it! The bread with dipping sauces was delicious. Even my 2 DGD loved the sauces. The food and service was very good and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I plan on making ADRs there for my trip in September.

1) OK, a side note.
2) About twice a month, we go tot WDW for a lunch.
3) So, if this helps your decision.
4) We try to share an appy and an entree.
5) The places we usually pick are divided among
. . . Sanaa
. . . Trails end
. . . Grand Floridian Cafe

Just back on 1/3 - ate there on 1/2. AHHHHMAZING. DO NOT short change yourself on the bread service - get the whole thing! I had the sustainable fish of the day which was red snapper. I've never eaten it and it is my new favorite white fish. Son and hubby had the meat trio (Braaivleis) which consisted of lamb, braised beef and if I remember correctly the butter chicken. They devoured it. My less adventurous daughter ate the sirlion - 11 year old + steak = gone! And lastly my mom...she tried the Biryani and added chicken. She loved it. It was probably one of our favorites on our trip.

As for viewing, we stayed at the resort so an animal view was not important to us. We sat in the back in a very comfy semi-circle booth.

We ADORE Sanaa. Favorite non signature on property hands down. The bread service in not be missed, and there really is something for pretty much everyone, form tame to adventurous.

Can someone describe the flavors of the butter chicken and tandoori chicken? Are both tomato based? And do I understand correctly that at lunch the both are served on naan bread as a sandwich? Does anyone know how long it takes to get from AK to Sanaa by bus?

Can someone describe the flavors of the butter chicken and tandoori chicken? Are both tomato based? And do I understand correctly that at lunch the both are served on naan bread as a sandwich? Does anyone know how long it takes to get from AK to Sanaa by bus?
I've had the butter chicken as part of the Potjie inspired lunch. It was served in a bowl and came with another bowl of rice and another choice. (I had spicy Durban shrimp) it's a tomato based Indian curry with a mild creamy taste and not too strong on tomato flavor. I make a butter chicken that is very similar tasting, which I found somewhere online a while ago. The spices I use are Garam Masala, chili powder, cumin, clove and garlic. If you like those spices, you'll like the butter chicken.
We had naan as part of the bread service and also used it for dipping up our dishes. I think the tandoori chicken is served on top of naan.

I can only tell you about the tandoori chicken and at lunch. At least then, it's not tomato based, and yes it's served on naan bread. I don't think it's on naan bread at dinner time, that's why I like to go at lunchtime. Personally I prefer the tandoori shrimp at lunch (also on naan bread).

Its really pleasant. The food is not adventurous at all, so everyone will be able to find something if they can get past the names, and its very good. Americanized indian/african is ok with me! I've had indian food in india, and its - different. The view is fun, and if it wasn't such a pain to get to, I'd eat there more often. When I have gone, I've grabbed a last minute ADR for late lunch and ubered over from AK. I've stayed at AKL before and generally find the location a pita, so I'd hit here and Jiko a lot more if it was Epcot area or MK resort area, which I get to via Epcot because I like to keep things complex and meandering, but man, I run up miles:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter