Teen activities at Aulani

Well...as promised I’d like to report back about the teen activities our DD15 attended while we were visiting Aulani 6/1-6/8. There were additional ones we couldn’t make, but she would have gone, if possible
She LOVED them and kept wanting to return each night eager for the next event.

TEEN HO'OKANI PILA (learning to play ukulele)
Each had their own ukulele. They learned 4 chords by an instructor and assistants. They could sing with the instructor if they chose, but she said most were too focused on trying to get the chords correct!
This was one of her favorites. Approx 10-12
guys and girls attended.

TEEN KI'I ONE (building sandcastles on beach)
Held in the afternoon sun so wear bathing suit and sunscreen. Taught techniques for building a better and more secure structure. Had tools to perfect them with details.
Other than being hot, she really liked this one, but only one other person attended.

TEEN ISLAND TREASURE PHOTO HUNT
(scavenger hunt around the resort in teams
armed with a video camera)
The kids roamed the resort looking for a given list of items. They used a video camera to record and returned to Aunty’s to watch each other’s videos. A prize was given at the end to a winning team. Teams were a mixture of guys and girls chosen by the staff. 15+ attended.
This was also very enjoyable to DD!

TEEN ANIMATION FUN (drawing characters)
DD was at first hesitant about this one since she claims she “can’t draw,” however, she came back very excited about her 2 drawings. The process is step by step so they feel successful by the end. She actually did this activity twice. The first night about 10 girls and the second night was a mix of guys and girls. Another favorite!

TEEN LEI MAKING
DD LOVED this one! She went several times. It was of particular interest to her. They had a choice of making a traditional
lei, the flower “crown,” or wrist and ankle “bracelets.” Then each night we would head to the grounds around the resort and take pictures of her wearing her floral accessories. I think they made her feel really pretty. This was held around 5:30 which could overlap with some dinner hours, but we just planned around it. Although one might think this is an activity for girls, she said guys attended, too!!

TEEN GAME NIGHT
A variety of games were offered from cards, to board, to video. Most were team games. DD and a group played Apples to Apples. She really had fun at this one! This one was one of the most popular in attendance. 15+ guys and girls.

Even though DD liked some activities more than others, she said she’d recommend all of them! She commented that the staff was fun and energetic. She guessed most to be early 20s. Never did she feel uncomfortable or unsafe at the activities or around the resort.
As parents, we were thrilled she participated as often as she did! It surprised us a bit because she is not particularly outgoing. My husband walked her down and picked her up most nights, but by the end she walked back with other girls. We felt comfortable leaving her at each activity. All in all...we highly recommend the teen events!
Let me know if you have any other questions I can answer!!

Thank you for the feedback. We leave in 3 weeks with 2 boy teens. I hope they enjoy some of these like your daughter did. Thank you so much.

Thanks for the thorough report--leaving in a week with DW, DD16, and DD13--there are definitely some things here the kids will be interested in, especially the animation activities

Were all of these activities included (I’ve learned not to say “free” when it comes to Disney!!)? We’re going for New Year’s with 3 teens, so I’m happy to see all of these activities!
Yes!! All included with the stay! There are additional ones that cost (not necessarily teen only) , but there are probably 9 or 10 specifically for teens that are included!!

I’m glad these were of help to other families! Here are the others offered our DD did not do (only due to us having other plans during the same time). I do not know much about them, but have added the titles and times they were held.
Another thing I noticed is that after June 1st, the frequency of activities really amped up. I have no idea how long it extends in the season, but I’m sure they have the most during the height of summer and any holiday breaks.

TEEN SUNSET MELE - I think it includes songs at the beach during sunset.

TEEN ALOHA HOUSE PARTY - set later in the evening - approx. 8:30/9:00 - 11:00.
We had to leave for HNL very early the next morning so DD couldn’t attend, but she definitely wanted to go.

TEEN BEACH BODY BOOT CAMP - held at 10:00 am

TEEN NORTH SHORE BEACH ZONE - this was held at the beach area in the mid-afternoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter