TEAM DONALD--Biggest Loser 11 Spring Team Challenge

thanks for the suggestion :D Whole Wheat Pizza crusts ounds like a good bet. I will have to check for that one in the refrigerator section.

Thank you :D

:wave2: Very quick drive by hello :car:

I am already running off schedule for my day. ( I am the queen of late sometimes!). Have to go pick DD up for an appointment then get home and load the car with all my scrap crap to leave at 2pm. So excited for the weekend.

Having a protein shake right now for brunch. Too busy to even chew!

Everyone have a great ON PROGRAM weekend !!!!! And someone please sit on my shoulder as I am faced with temptations this weekend so I can at least maintain a one pound loss for this week!

I have another food question. I was thinking of making a veggie pizza tonight (maybe some chicken on it too) but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for what the best crust would be. I want to get a healthy crust.

I have one here that says you cut the pizza into quarters (so that's a pretty big slice) and it has 170 calories, only 2g of fat but it has 32g of carbs but only 2 of those are sugars. This is a pizza crust mix you just add water.

The key is to make it THIN. As thin as you can get it so that you are minimizing those starchy carbs. Doing it with whole wheat or other whole grains makes it even better.

For a real change I tried this recipe that uses ground beef for the "crust" a few weeks ago: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/entrees-phase-2/45122-pizza-meat-pie.html You need really lean ground beef. I did think that the topping needed some more pizazz. You really can do the ground beef crust (I would add some italian seasoning to it) and then just put your pizza sauce and veggies and cheese on the top and cook as directed. Make sure you check your pizza sauce! You may be surprised at the amount of sugar in premade pizza and spaghetti sauces.

Good afternoon my Donalds:dance3:

I am sad to say that yesterday i said goodbye to my Enell:sad1: and hello to a new Champion. Its a bittersweet parting as I so completely loved my Enell:lovestruc And yet recently i've realized that while careworn and still a good bra, I'd deflated since embarking on this journey:sad2:

I've done such a good job at working my back and chest area that the fat is now muscle and I can quite comfortably fit into other bras that are more economical. I only only hope that the rest of me stays in gear and keeps me in the proportionate realm as that has been my goal all along. And I hope that this bra does half a good a job as my Enell and lasts half as long.

Now onto to today:cool2:

Yesterday was a day off from workout videos as recommended by the handy guide that with my set. So i worked, walked the dog and had a date night with DH and that's it:thumbsup2

Today will walking Onslow, a workout and some clean up before playing with my new Kindle which we got yesterday:banana: after a little bit of a slow start yesterday i already love it.

Gotta work this weekend so no video tomorrow, may get 1 in on Sun. depends on how tired i am and the race.

Hope everybody has a good day

4.5lbs to go until i hit Onederland:lmao:

The key is to make it THIN. As thin as you can get it so that you are minimizing those starchy carbs. Doing it with whole wheat or other whole grains makes it even better.

For a real change I tried this recipe that uses ground beef for the "crust" a few weeks ago: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/entrees-phase-2/45122-pizza-meat-pie.html You need really lean ground beef. I did think that the topping needed some more pizazz. You really can do the ground beef crust (I would add some italian seasoning to it) and then just put your pizza sauce and veggies and cheese on the top and cook as directed. Make sure you check your pizza sauce! You may be surprised at the amount of sugar in premade pizza and spaghetti sauces.

I got a whole wheat one. It doesn't say thin but it was the only whole wheat one I could find LOL.

I really WAS surprised by the amount of sugar in the sauces. I found one with the lowest amount of sugar I could (I don't know yet how to make my own pizza sauce lol) but I picked up the one I usually use and HOLY smokes I couldn't believe it

That recipes looks great. I will need to try that one some time

Octoberbride I love your button in your siggy about Gibbs :rotfl2:

So far today I had 1 cup of banana nut cheerios (I'm not really fond of these so I gotta get something else) with skim milk

Now I'm having a salad with green leaf lettuce, hardboiled egg (with the yoke... next time just whites), two slices of turkey breast deli meat, tomatoes, cucumber and LITTLE mozzarella and then 1 serving of Kraft Free french dressing

Then I entered in the p izza I'm making for dinner and I am still WAY WAY under my calorie goal today so I'm definitely going to have to have a few snacks.

Hoping to do the new workout video I got. "Biggest Loser 2" but we'll see if my 3 year old will let me do it without being crazy LOL

Oh and I need to figure out a way to keep my calories up without blowing my fat goal. I have been staying in my fat range but I've been really cutting it close.

Hello team Donald!!!!

How are my peeps doing today??

For me day 2 of a good day. Yesterday I got in all my water! WOOHOO!! That is soooo hard for me. I also realized as I was laying in bed that I didn't snack at all! :cool1: And I actually journaled everything!

Today has been busy but good. Had an ok breakfast but I think I need to give up my macchiato's even though they are as skinny as they come.
Just finished lunch up. Soup and a chobani yogurt (never had it before but it's pretty decent). I just want to watch the sugar content on them.

I walked/ran 2 miles yesterday!! It took me 36 minutes but I actually felt really good.
I plan to get down there again tonight.

OK so I need help with dinner, really I need your willpower to help me through. Tonight is DS10's kitchen helper night and he picked a whole chicken. Now this is how it goes down, whole chicken with skin on, 4 tablespoons of melted butter, 8 tablespoons of lemon juice, 1 teaspoon each of basil and oregano. It cooks for 1 1/2 hours.

I know to avoid the skin, should I cut down on the amount of butter?
I bought a gravy separator to skim the juice and the spices out of the fat and butter.
This is my weakness meal but we all love it so much. How do I make it better for us??

Hi Donalds! Just jumping in to say hello before I do a little work.

:wave2:

Someone finally noticed!!!!!:woohoo::banana: Okay, it was DD's dr but it sure was nice to finally have someone take one look at me and say "You have lost weight!" And it was a statement, not a question. He knew for sure that there was a good amount gone. Still waiting for friends. . . It will be interesting to see if my family notices when I go home in a month. I am determined that I WILL be in ONEderland by then (and hopefully at least 5 or more below).

Congratulations! That is the best feeling :cool1:

Is it May yet ?!?

I second that :lmao:

Evening friends! Lunch out at Ruby Tuesday's was a total success! I brought along my own salad dressing, premeasured into a small container and I didn't even use it all. I had plenty of greens and "free" veggies, plus some chick peas, sundried tomatoes, corn/black bean salsa, peas, edamame.... I avoided the chopped egg, all the cheeses, and the pasta salads. I figured, overall, my lunch out cost me about 3 points!! That left me enough points to share a soft serve at Costco with DD! And DSIL (all three of them) picked up the tab for lunch!! Can't beat that! Plus it was nice to see them all, plus DMIL. I really love the family I married in to..... I consider myself very lucky.

Good for you for sticking to eating healthy while you were out :thumbsup2

ry%3D400

May 2010 at Epcot with DS.... just 2 pounds away from goal:
ry%3D400

.................P

Wow, you look amazing, you should feel great about yourself. That is quite an accomplishment!

You

My birthday was so much fun. My sil went to DHS with the kids so I got to go to the expo alone, and met Lisa, Lindsay and Rose. It was so amazing to actually meet them in real life, and as I expected they were all as beautiful and nice as they are here. Lisa treated me and my family to a wonderful lunch at Sci-fi drive in theater. So sweet. It is so fun to have the birthday button on in wdw, and have so many people wish me happy birthday. It was funny, later in the week, my sil and I jokingly, had a little contest as to who could get the most congratulations/birthday wishes to other people in the park. We practically accosted someone with a birthday button trying to say it first. :rotfl2: May not sound as funny here as it was at the time, but we can get a little competetive.

Hi Kathy,
Happy Belated Birthday! Sounds like you had a great trip!

I am sad to say that yesterday i said goodbye to my Enell:sad1: and hello to a new Champion. Its a bittersweet parting as I so completely loved my Enell:lovestruc And yet recently i've realized that while careworn and still a good bra, I'd deflated since embarking on this journey:sad2:

I've done such a good job at working my back and chest area that the fat is now muscle and I can quite comfortably fit into other bras that are more economical. I only only hope that the rest of me stays in gear and keeps me in the proportionate realm as that has been my goal all along. And I hope that this bra does half a good a job as my Enell and lasts half as long.

Well... instead of looking at it as a negative, think of it as a positive.... you are getting SMALLER!! (Of course, as women, the weight loss rarely comes off right in the area we would like it to ;) ). Maybe you could donate your Enell to the Biggest Loser tv show.... those ladies REALLY need some support for "the girls" when they are running on the TM!!! I'm afraid some of them are going to end up giving themselves a black eye!! I don't know how they can stand it.... that is SO uncomfortable. When I started running last year I usually did a double sports bra to keep things from having too much jiggle!

Hello team Donald!!!!

How are my peeps doing today??

For me day 2 of a good day. Yesterday I got in all my water! WOOHOO!! That is soooo hard for me. I also realized as I was laying in bed that I didn't snack at all! :cool1: And I actually journaled everything!

Today has been busy but good. Had an ok breakfast but I think I need to give up my macchiato's even though they are as skinny as they come.
Just finished lunch up. Soup and a chobani yogurt (never had it before but it's pretty decent). I just want to watch the sugar content on them.

I walked/ran 2 miles yesterday!! It took me 36 minutes but I actually felt really good.
I plan to get down there again tonight.

OK so I need help with dinner, really I need your willpower to help me through. Tonight is DS10's kitchen helper night and he picked a whole chicken. Now this is how it goes down, whole chicken with skin on, 4 tablespoons of melted butter, 8 tablespoons of lemon juice, 1 teaspoon each of basil and oregano. It cooks for 1 1/2 hours.

I bought a gravy separator to skim the juice and the spices out of the fat and butter.
This is my weakness meal but we all love it so much. How do I make it better for us??

Yo' peeps are just fine!!:laughing: Glad to hear you've had a couple of good days in a row! Isn't it such an encouraging feeling??!!

The chicken sounds delicious. And you are right.... DO NOT eat the skin. Do you need to eat any of the pan juices?? Maybe you could just eat the white meat chicken breast and leave it at that??

If you want to make it "as is" in the future, maybe you could substitute Smart Balance butter blend (butter and evoo) instead of straight "real" butter. Still lots of fat, but healthier fats. Is the chicken just basted with the butter/juice or cooked in it or is it just a sauce??

Evening friends! We've made a last minute decision to hit the second run movie theater tonight to see the most recent Narnia movie. We missed it first time around because DH was in the hospital. I'm gonna skip the Twizzlers and M&Ms.... but I'm definitely having popcorn. I don't drink soda, so no problem there. I might share a 3 Musketeer with DD if I am craving chocolate. DS eats dark chocolate M&Ms and DH eats Junior Mints.... I don't care for either, so no temptation there. I'm having a high protein/no carb snack before I go (boiled egg whites and tea), so hopefully I won't over-indulge on the popcorn.... but I do love it! And it is definitely something I've decided is WORTH the calories (once in a while, at least).

I should be back on later after the movie. I'm doing on online crop over on the scrapping board until midnight, so I'll be sure to pop in here and say hi to the evening crew!

Sparks19.... I hope the pizza comes out good! TTYL..........................P

Hey Team Donald:)

I got my water in today:cool1:
I got my exercise in today ( another :cool1: )
and the rest of my HH are coming along really good!

I bought myself 2 presents today

one: a really good sports bra. very little bouncing!
two : A magic Bullet- one of those as seen on tv thingys.
I have wanted one for 2 years now and they were on clearance today for 22.00- hopefully it will last a while and live up to the infomercial
I can make a smoothie and take it with me or I can toss stuff in for homemade salasa or Hummus..

It really doesn't take much to get me excited

I have 2 million loads of laundry to do and I am feeling like I want to clean and organize. I think my February slump is over (finally)

Dh just called and said he wants to go out. I am hoping Abblebees as they have the WW meals.
Bike week starts this weekend in Daytona so it's best to go out tonight
have a great night everyone!

I got a whole wheat one. It doesn't say thin but it was the only whole wheat one I could find LOL.

I really WAS surprised by the amount of sugar in the sauces. I found one with the lowest amount of sugar I could (I don't know yet how to make my own pizza sauce lol) but I picked up the one I usually use and HOLY smokes I couldn't believe it

That recipes looks great. I will need to try that one some time

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=10000001227881

Here is a recipe I use for Pizza Sauce from Cooking Light.

pjlla enjoy the movie :D

Buzz thanks so much for the link. I will have to use that next time

The pizza turned out great. it was so yummy. I wasn't sure if the crust was going to puff up or anything but it stayed thin so I guess it was a thin crust lol

So many veggies on it. it was delicious. I think next time I might add some chicken breast chunks

HOpe you are all having a happy and healthy night... Here's to a good start to tomorrow :)

Good Saturday morning Team Donald.

Busy couple of days. The show was wonderful last night. I wish they had more people in the theater but it was well received. I think there was a lack of publicity. The press was there last night to take pictures of the ribbon cutting for the theater. This is a very tight community. Once the word gets out I think the crowds will grow because we do have next weekend too.

I have a couple pairs of pants to work on. One needs more elastic and one has big holes in the knees. There is half a number that they do on their knees and the pants are taking beating.

Food has not been the best but I stayed the same and after this week it is good. Next week we don't have anything until Thursday so that is good. I can get some things done around here.

Ds2 comes home from college next Friday for college break. I can't wait till he is back for a while. Before he gets here on Friday I want to finish a quilt top for him that I have been working on for a LONG while.

sparks19 the pizza sounds wonderful I may try it when dh goes out of town in April.

pudge the fish did you go out to Applebees? I love their asiego steak.

pjlla Did you enjoy the movie? How did the scrap go. I did a couple of midnight madness quilt nights. At about 10:30 I get so punchy that I can't do anything and usually leave unless it is a mystery. If it is a mystery then I have to stay to get the last clues and see what the finished work is like.

BernardandMissBianca I love roast chicken but the most I do is put onion powder, salt, pepper and paprika and then roast it. My favorite way to really do it is in a large crockpot. Then the skin doesn't come out crispy and I don't want to eat it as much. The chicken comes out very moist in the crockpot.

Octoberbride03 Cograts on the new bra. that is a great milestone.

LTS hope you are having fun at your scrapping weekend. I went on a quilting weekend once and had a good time. We were only about a block from the ocean but it was a cold March weekend with rain so no walks on the beach. It would have been nice.

Off to get dressed and get some things done around here.

Have a happy and healthy day.

Keep moving forward -- isn't that what they say.

Well, I went to the gym 4 times this week - Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

My weight loss for the week is only 1 pound -- but a loss is always better than a gain. :)

Disney1990

Good Saturday morning Team Donald.

Busy couple of days. The show was wonderful last night. I wish they had more people in the theater but it was well received. I think there was a lack of publicity. The press was there last night to take pictures of the ribbon cutting for the theater. This is a very tight community. Once the word gets out I think the crowds will grow because we do have next weekend too.

I have a couple pairs of pants to work on. One needs more elastic and one has big holes in the knees. There is half a number that they do on their knees and the pants are taking beating.

I'm so pleased to hear that the show opened well. HOpefully word will get out by next weekend and you'll have SRO crowds!

Food has not been the best but I stayed the same and after this week it is good. Next week we don't have anything until Thursday so that is good. I can get some things done around here.

Couldn't have been too bad if you maintained! And you've been super busy, so maintaining is double hard!

Ds2 comes home from college next Friday for college break. I can't wait till he is back for a while. Before he gets here on Friday I want to finish a quilt top for him that I have been working on for a LONG while.

I'm sure you're excited about DS coming home. It would be great to get that quilt top done before he gets home.... but he'll be happy to see you, regardless.

pjlla Did you enjoy the movie? How did the scrap go. I did a couple of midnight madness quilt nights. At about 10:30 I get so punchy that I can't do anything and usually leave unless it is a mystery. If it is a mystery then I have to stay to get the last clues and see what the finished work is like.

Movie was okay.... not as good as the first two.... and I lost ALL control with the popcorn. As a result, I feel super icky today. Gonna eat light, high fiber, lots of green tea today to try and clean out my system. I really CANNOT eat like I used to! I end up feeling like garbage for days afterwards.... but sadly I didn't remember that as I was INHALING that popcorn last night!!:rotfl:

I accomplished VERY LITTLE during the crop. I sorted a few photos and gave up! I was TOAST by 10:30 pm and signed off. I'll hop over in a bit to see how the evening finished up.

BernardandMissBianca I love roast chicken but the most I do is put onion powder, salt, pepper and paprika and then roast it. My favorite way to really do it is in a large crockpot. Then the skin doesn't come out crispy and I don't want to eat it as much. The chicken comes out very moist in the crockpot.

I almost always cook whole chickens in the crockpot these days. I fill the bottom of the crockpot with baby carrots, quartered onions, and potatoes, sprinkle in some rosemary..... put the chicken on top of that and then drizzle in some dry white wine, chicken stock and/or water. Sprinkle the top of the chicken with more rosemary, and set it to cook on low for a full day.

By the end of the day the chicken is moist and delicious and ready to go, along with the veggies.

Leftovers from that meal (including the cooking liquid, minus the fat), gets made into soup (sometimes stew)the next day or so. Depending on the size of the chicken, I get usually get 4 meals for three people out of it. The first two meals are chicken and veggies... the next two meals are chicken soup or stew.

Well.... morning folks. Miserable cold day here with freezing rain. DD is off to cheer on a friend at a championship swim meet and the men are going to an FRC tournament later (robotics). So I've got some time to myself today!! I've got a load of laundry in the basket to fold, a load in the dryer to fold, and a load in the washer to move along. After that I am officially caught up with laundry. I've done a 30 minute workout already today, but am hoping to get in another 30 minutes (to make up for yesterdays popcorn overindulgence).

I think I'm gonna spend some time today researching some new recipes. I'm getting tired of my "same old, same old" that I keep making.

I'll be back later to chit chat some more.............P

Good morning TEAM DONALD!

Hope that everyone is enjoying their Saturday! :goodvibes

ATTENTION: Big Changes Coming!!!

Ok, only little changes, but hopefully I got your attention.

We will be merging the threads on Friday, March 25th.

Yay! I'm ready for the merge. Don't get me wrong -- I love all our DONALDS but I miss my MICKEY friends, too. It is nice when you get the benefit of all the participants! :goodvibes Sent you a PM about coaching, Rose.

Thank you, Rose, for all you do keeping the challenge organized! :flower3:

Thank you, too, CC, for being our HH coach! :flower3:

tofu...... don't knock it til you've tried it.

Yum, I love tofu -- especially firm marinated and grilled. One of our BL regulars has a delicious recipe for chocolate mousse made with tofu -- really low cal and looks divine! :cool2:

dona, sorry for your computer woes and wardrobe malfunctions! Enjoy the rest of your week-end. :flower3:

Good morning Donalds!

I am the coach this week.

I know, some are asking, who is she? I am a lawyer from Nova Scotia, Canada, and have been on and off the lists for a while (mostly off).

I joined this challenge, however, with the goal of at least being consistent and following through.

I will write more later this afternoon - this day is quite busy for me.

But I wanted to start with a rather self serving QOTD, which is basically

We are sort of at the mid way point in the challenge. How are you doing so far?

:wave2: Hi Linda! Nice to see you and thanks for coaching this week!

Since I've been excused the last couple of weigh-ins and skipped my WIN! measurements due to the Princess I will have to go by how I am feeling to answer this question. This is the challenge where I am doing my best to set myself up for success. As long as I am making progress in some aspect of this journey, then I am happy with the results. That has definitely happened so far. ::yes:: I've lost some weight and inches and ONE-derland is in my sight. I did something that I never thought I would do, and even though it didn't turn out the way I'd hoped, I've picked myself up and am moving once again. So I would say that I am doing great so far, even though I still have a ways to go, am that as my friend, Kathy says, I am never, never giving up! :thumbsup2

You two are on the same wavelength!! Great minds think alike, and lose the weight!!

You got that, right! ;)

It was so much fun celebrating your birthday with you! Great job on getting right back on track! :thumbsup2

Dreamer24, looks like you are making slow and steady progress towards your goals! :yay:

I haven't given up. That is a BIG one for me. I may not be doing as great as I was at first, But I haven't Quit.

Keep up the good work, Abby! :cheer2:

sparks19, glad that your pizza was a success! :goodvibes

LTS, enjoy your scrapping week-end! :flower3:

4.5lbs to go until i hit Onederland:lmao:

Go, Maureen, go! :cheer2:

I would try reducing the butter down to 1 T and add a T of olive oil. That cuts the fat by half and adds a healthier fat. Maybe add a bit of chicken broth if it seems too dry.

Good job on the 2 miles! :thumbsup2

Hi Sue! :wave2: Hope it isn't too bad working on Saturday. :hug:

My weight loss for the week is only 1 pound -- but a loss is always better than a gain. :)

::yes:: ITA!

Still fighting the bug here but getting better slowly. Off to the grocery store this morning and then there is a lot of :laundy: in my future. Maybe a nap, too. ;)

Have a great day DONALDS! :donald:

Hello again guys!

Sorry for not getting back until today. Like I said - work was crazy busy. And I went to a birthday party for a friend of mine last night - at a karaoke bar.

Lots of fun (some good singing, mostly bad) too much cake and a late night. So here I am at the computer, with my coffee, on a Saturday morning...:surfweb:

I want to take the time, first of all to thank you for your encouraging words.

I am really, really, really new at this, and if I screw up with these multi quotes, or this is too wordy, please forgive me

Welcome Linda as this weeks coach!! You will be awesome. The great thing about coaching is it does help keep you focused during the week and checking in here which can really make a big difference.

Good luck to everyone as you weighin this weekend!! Hope the scale is good to you, but if not, don't give it the power to send you off track. You are making healthy choices, and the will show up on the scale eventually. Hang in there.

Have a great friday!!:)

Thanks for the vote of confidence! Glad your birthday was fun.

Your second comment is part of the QOTD - stay tuned below...

Good morning team donald. I've been a lurker. I don't know why. I guess I haven't felt like I had anything of value to add.

QOTD - I'm proud of my achievements for the first half of the challenge.

I'm working to learn to treat food as feul not fun. This is tough. My family loves to go out to eat for celebrations like birthdays.

Linda - welcome as coach. Thanks for the wonderful QOTD.

Thanks!

First of all, you always have something to contribute! Even coming in and saying hello and understanding the struggle is a reason to cheer :banana:

If you are learning to use food as fuel, then I think that is half the battle, more than half.

I have struggled with this my whole life, as I child I was threatened with starvation diets and loss of meals for eating treats, I learned to sneak them and lie about it, and I still do.

I binged and purged all through college and just binged through law school - thus gaining 100 lbs in the process. I binged starved and purged through a 70 lb weight loss at WW, which, of course I gained back and then some. That is a big part of this challenge for me.

So glad you are proud of yourself! You should be:cheer2:

QOTD: How are you doing so far?

I haven't given up . That is a BIG one for me. I may not be doing as great as I was at first, But I haven't Quit.
I am making better choices on food and I am still exercising, even if it's not a 20mile jog it's still exercise.
I may not journal every day But I want to do good in HH this week so I am on it now :)
so although the pounds aren't dropping like before, and there are days I just want to say Poo to it all and give up. I haven't.

a freind of mine who has lost over 120 pounds and is losing more ( she was almost 240 pounds overweight) told me it never is easy, but it is worthwhile.
and like her hero John Bingham, she said just to start. Never give up, even when you slip and fall.
or as Dory from Nemo would say : Just keep swimming !

All of those are words to live by - and my motto too. For this challenge hasn't been about huge weight losses for me - I am striving only for five pounds a month - and am on target for that.

Doesn't seem like much, but if I did that for two years, when I plan to return to Disney, it would be 120 pounds, definitely something to shout about:cool1:

LOL@ just keep swimming. I will keep telling myself that

:D

I love this, and I am going to remember it.

My husband sometimes walks me across the finish line during my races. When my legs are ready to fall off (I am a really heavy woman doing distance walking) he'll say "its just a walk to the mail box"

He bought me some Road ID for Christmas. Besides the usual id info, name, phone nos, contacts, etc. there is room for a little motto/saying

Mine says "just a mailbox walk"

First off..... thanks so much for coaching this week. I've done it several times in the past and it is a GREAT motivator for a good week both with food and exercise... and it is a good week for introspection.

QOTD: Well... I'm doing okay. I've been struggling for months and months now to hit my "ultimate" number.... but even if I never hit it, I'm okay with maintaining about where I am now. I've had a modest loss three weeks in a row now, so that is good.

During our last challenge one of our veterans (wish I could remember who.... Kathy?? Rose??) challenged us ALL to say "I WILL NEVER QUIT!!" It was very affirming! Even if you are only saying the words, if you keep saying them, you will eventually believe them.

QUOTE]

Thanks!

Love that saying too - no I don't quit either. I have dreamed of the Disney half since May, 2004, when I weighed nearly 360 lbs. I am far from the "after girl" but still trucking.

It is a struggle, as you say, still a daily one for me. I think I am doing all right, then, like last night, I am stuffing birthday cake icing in my face in a deplorable way (this is a real bad food for me).

It requires, for me, daily refocus and renewal. I still haven't figured it out. :confused3

:wave2:

Sounds delicious! Need to try that. One of the things I am really trying to avoid in this challenge is take out and fast food beyond the breakfast meal. I am still eating oatmeal and bagels at Tim's. I work them into my program

My goodness it took me a while to figure out what you were talking about! :rotfl2:

Good stuff for the inch loss.

Good for you for sticking to eating healthy while you were out :thumbsup2

Wow, you look amazing, you should feel great about yourself. That is quite an accomplishment!

QUOTE]

You sure do!

Food has not been the best but I stayed the same and after this week it is good.

Have a happy and healthy day.

That is good, I doubt I am going to stay the same.

Have a healthy day too! Or, as they say at Disney, a magical day.

Good morning

Yay! I'm ready for the merge. Don't get me wrong -- I love all our DONALDS but I miss my MICKEY friends, too. It is nice when you get the benefit of all the participants! :goodvibes Sent you a PM about coaching, Rose.

Thank you, Rose, for all you do keeping the challenge organized! :flower3:

Thank you, too, CC, for being our HH coach! :flower3:

:wave2: Hi Linda! Nice to see you and thanks for coaching this week!

So I would say that I am doing great so far, even though I still have a ways to go, am that as my friend, Kathy says, I am never, never giving up! :thumbsup2

QUOTE]

Thanks!

I agree with all your above comments, especially the never giving up part.

My late father in law had a saying he came up with while lying in bed during his first bout with cancer:

Get up, look up and never give up!

Words to live by for sure.

Whew! I hope I didn't screw up with these quotes.

QOTD next post

Linda

:tinker::donald:

Well, I kind of did screw up the quotes.

Maybe too many in one post?

Anyway, Pjilla, those before and after pics are incredible. You look amazing!

MY OWN PROGRESS

I guess I would give myself a B-. Weight is down slightly.

Goal was to start, continue and finish and, has been said, NEVER GIVE UP.

Coaching helps me do this.

Thanks for the opportunity.

Staying consistent, charting and journalling every day and following the training program (very gradual, leading to, finally, the completion of the Disney half, with little races along the way) has been pretty consistent too.

But I need to do better, a lot better.

But farther along than I have ever been before in this challenge.

My thanks to all of you for that.

QOTD:

Comes from another quote:

QOTD:

Good luck to everyone as you weighin this weekend!! Hope the scale is good to you, but if not, don't give it the power to send you off track.

QUOTE]

So that is what I want to focus on today - the "power" of the scale.

How do you all handle that?

I find the scale paralysing at times.

I used to weigh in on Wednesday after noon. Binge like crazy til Sunday and then starve and purge (usually with laxatives, I stopped throwing up at that point) until weigh in.

I don't do that anymore, but I get tempted to purge at times and get very anxious and depressed about stepping on the scale.

I haven't gotten on it yet, because I know I am up due to party, etc. But I will have to by Monday.

How do you feel about weigh ins. I wish they didn't but they still scare me.

I still get tempted to lie, or avoid it. Eating disorder traits I am afraid.

But I am trying to face it right head on.

What do you think?

Linda

:tinker::donald:

Well.... finished my oatmeal (with a bit of Splenda and cinnamon), one cup of black half-caff, a bowl of fresh fruit, and on to a cup of decaf green tea. Belly is feeling a bit more normal.

I've "wasted" my morning here on the computer, trying to find some inspiration for the title page for my 2010 Mother/Son WDW album. Got a few good ideas. I'm heading up to my scrapping table in the next few minutes to get started on it.

TTYL.............P

Anyway, Pjilla, those before and after pics are incredible. You look amazing!
Thank you SO MUCH. It is SO scary to put those photos out there.

So that is what I want to focus on today - the "power" of the scale.

How do you all handle that?

Well.... I find that I start making excuses on Thursday (both in my head and on here) about WHY the weigh in won't be good. I guess I'm trying to protect myself from disappointment. Then if I have a decent weigh in, I don't usually give myself much credit... and if it is a lousy weigh-in, I usually have an excuse handy. My family CLAIMS they can tell how the weigh-in went just by my mood for the remainder of the day. :rolleyes1 I try hard not to let that be the case, but it is probably true.

I try to always use that feeling (good or bad) to spur me on to try even harder the next week. If the weigh-in was good, I try to use that "good" feeling to encourage me to keep it up! If the weigh-in wasn't so hot, I try to channel that disappoinment into working harder for the next week!

Linda.... sounds like you've got some BIG issues with food and the scale. Have you ever thought of talking to someone about it? It definitely sounds like it could be scary. Glad you found us all here.... hopefully we can be a sounding board for you if things are tough!...................P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter