TCD Delay

jomf

Earning My Ears
Has anyone out there received compensation from TCD, and if so how did they get it? I received their reply today saying they are not liable for the 20+ hours delay we suffered!!!
Can someone advise as to how I proceed in technical terms?
I only want to get a refund that covers the lost day/hotel/park ticket unused, not for mental stress etc!!
Any help appreciated

We claimed for our 23 hour delay last year but we claimed through our travel insurance provider, not through TCD. That's all I can advise you do, ours paid out for any delay over 12 hours.

It depends on the cause of your delay. If it was due to 'extrondiary circumstances' which TCD will always claim, then you have very little you can claim. If it was due to general maintince over running over booking etc (which TCD will not admit to), then there is a fixed scale. In iether case the lost portions fo your holiday, day villa rental etc is not due for compensation.

Here is the place you can get some advice as it sets out your rights for cancelled and delayed flights clearlyu
http://www.britishairways.com/travel/euclaimnor/public/en_gb

Here is where you go to take it further.
http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?categoryid=306

I current have a claim going though, they have offered some compensation for costs, but these were related to facicites they failed ot provide during a 24 hour delay and it is still ongoing.

All the Airlines are gonna fight these to the bitter end.

Another thing to consider is that even though we claimed through our insurance, we each ended up with only £20. Not very much really but worth it for the price of a stamp to send in the claim forms I suppose.

Depends on the situation really - obviously the airlines are going to argue their case. In some circumstances though it really isnt their fault - ie bad weather then i dont agree they should have to pay.

However aslong as you have taken out decent travel insurance - i believe most will pay compensation for any delay over 12hours - although again i think this is dependant on the circumstances.

Good luck!!

we had 24 hour delay last year with TCD. we had TCDs own travel insurance & received £20 each. we were happy with that as we also had a free night in the Wyndham including dinner & breakfast.

Queenie said:
Another thing to consider is that even though we claimed through our insurance, we each ended up with only £20. Not very much really but worth it for the price of a stamp to send in the claim forms I suppose.

Hopefully this will go towards buying your DS a new shirt and trousers....

....I couldn't help spotting the "likeness" between your 2 photos pirate:

EEEP! He's not my son, that's my best mate Scott who I live with. I'd be very concerned if he's my son as he's 11 years older than me. Slight warping of time going on there! I'm the one crouched in pic 1 and wearing an England shirt in pic 2.

He finds it very funny that he's wearing the same outfit. I checked all the pics of him from this year. He's wearing that in about 50% of them!

Queenie said:
EEEP! He's not my son, that's my best mate Scott who I live with. I'd be very concerned if he's my son as he's 11 years older than me. Slight warping of time going on there! I'm the one crouched in pic 1 and wearing an England shirt in pic 2.

He finds it very funny that he's wearing the same outfit. I checked all the pics of him from this year. He's wearing that in about 50% of them!

Oooops!! Sorry about that....and I'm always telling DD not to assume too many things, because to "assume" makes an "***" out of "u" and "me".

My, this humble pie tastes good! :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter