TAs Prospects For Dopey 2018

I paid for mine a couple weeks ago, but havent go the sign up yet. my concern is the pre-sale of pins will be sold out by the time we get to sign up. Would rather not have to deal with the chance of people buying bulk at the expo and me not getting the pics for the races I am actually running.

and yes, weird that the TAs and the charities are not listed yet. Looks like Disney is taking care of themselves first on this one. interesting.

Well their site is very lacking. They are slow to update, they seem to copy and paste from previous post and don't correct wrong information and don't do a very good job of fat checking. But you would think Travel Providers would have long been put up.

Starting to get frustrated. Has anyone heard any updates?? I bought a bib through Acclaim and still have not gotten a link. Originally was told the 14, the that was last week. Going to call again tomorrow, but it's starting to stress me out.

Starting to get frustrated. Has anyone heard any updates?? I bought a bib through Acclaim and still have not gotten a link. Originally was told the 14, the that was last week. Going to call again tomorrow, but it's starting to stress me out.

I e-mailed Acclaim today asking for an update. I'll pass along any info as soon as I get it.

I'm DVC and an annual passholder but I've done registration through a travel agent for the Disneyland Half (2012), Disneyland half hotel (2015), and the Darkside Challenge. Disneyland I find generally speaking GET travel has good room discounts on the Disney hotels and they used to give a $25/day stayed at a Disney hotel credit to use towards your park ticket (they no longer offer this option) and since my AP doesn't work in DL it was a good deal. For Darkside, I purchased registration and 2 nights at pop century through Pegasus. It was easy, convenient, etc. the race was sold out and they still had bibs. Their room rates were higher than regular rack rate (about $20/night), though, and they did not offer things like AP discount. I did it through runDisney for Dopey 2018 and opted for one night at the Beach Club then I head to the Boardwalk to stay on my DVC reservation.

Overall, the requirements are usually the deterrent for me.

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone has heard anything yet. I was initially told 14th of Feb and then after Princess but still haven't heard anything from TA. Anyone else got any info?

Waiting on Acclaim as well.

I've spoken to Acclaim about the situation a couple of times. Apparently everyone is waiting for RunDisney to get around to sending the registration codes out.

i would not worry about it - if Acclaim or other TA says you have a registration then you will have it. This has happened with Disney in the past - delaying the TA bib releases. It is annoying and could be stressful, but they will come through.

I'm DVC and an annual passholder but I've done registration through a travel agent for the Disneyland Half (2012), Disneyland half hotel (2015), and the Darkside Challenge. Disneyland I find generally speaking GET travel has good room discounts on the Disney hotels and they used to give a $25/day stayed at a Disney hotel credit to use towards your park ticket (they no longer offer this option) and since my AP doesn't work in DL it was a good deal. For Darkside, I purchased registration and 2 nights at pop century through Pegasus. It was easy, convenient, etc. the race was sold out and they still had bibs. Their room rates were higher than regular rack rate (about $20/night), though, and they did not offer things like AP discount. I did it through runDisney for Dopey 2018 and opted for one night at the Beach Club then I head to the Boardwalk to stay on my DVC reservation.

Overall, the requirements are usually the deterrent for me.

Wow. Really surprised the rates were higher than rack. I spoke to a couple of agents from 2 and they both said they get blocks of rooms so their rooms are discounted over rack rates. I'm really hoping so. That is pretty much the main reason I decided to go through an agent this time.
I wasn't concerned about the 2 night requirement or tickets. Since going to be there for a while and need park tickets.

Any experiences with TA's that allow cancellations? The two that I've found that have official policies on their websites (Acclaim and Magical Enchanted Vacations) are now sold out. I'll probably be getting travel insurance for catastrophe, but DH almost couldn't go last year due to work.

Ok, answering my own question in case others need the information: Acclaim and Magical Enchanted vacations have published cancellation or resell policies on their website. When contacted, Academy Travel said if they could resell a bib, they would give a refund. Woodbrey Family travel said if the runner finds some to take the spot, they will transfer the bib for a refund. Travel by Groups would do a refund until October and after that would refund if the bib could be resold.

we'll probably also be picking up travel insurance in case of major catastrophe, but this gives a little peace of mind when planning for something so far out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter