Talk to me about water parks!

The Disney water parks are hands down the best in Florida - or anyplace we've ever been. We won't go anywhere else. We love that we can get chairs in the shade. We used to get the Florida after 2 pm pass which meant when we were arriving at 2-3 pm, many people were leaving to put aloe on their sunburns and get ready for dinner (thanks to those long bus rides back to the resorts). In the summer there is the typical rain storm that appears between 3 and 5. It usually helps clear out the park because if there is lightning, the slides close for a while. We typically love going on some of the slides with the kids, and then sitting in the shade, drinking adult beverages and listening to the great piped in music while the kids continue going on slides. You'll wonder why you waited so long.

Which one is better with a 18 months old and a 6 years old? We're two adults so we can split. Our son would need a life vest if he is alone, is not yet a good enough swimmer. Thanks.

Do they have prescription masks available at the shark reef? I think my husband would really enjoy doing this if he could see the fish.
I highly doubt it. I have not seen or heard anything about it. I'm guessing he does not wear contacts? I don't wear glasses but I'm thinking it may be hard to get a mask to seal around them?...

They also have a viewing area down below where you can see all the fish pretty well through portholes.

I know they don't allow people to bring (or wear) fins but they may allow you husband to bring in his own mask.

Which one is better with a 18 months old and a 6 years old? We're two adults so we can split. Our son would need a life vest if he is alone, is not yet a good enough swimmer. Thanks.

I would say for young children BB would be the better choice. When our kids were younger we preferred BB for sure and now as they have gotten older we like TL better.

1. At BB the wave pool is much more tame - you should have no problem taking your 18 month old out and still be able to keep an eye on your 6 year old. Probably not possible at TL wave pool.

2. In our experience BB just has more things to do for young children up to pre-teen. You may even be able to take your 18 month old on the family water slide which is way more fun at BB.

3. The theming is just a little more silly and cartoonish at BB which lends itself more to younger children.

I will say at either park the Lazy River is a great place for parents and kids to be able to relax together and get wet.

Could someone point me to TL schedule - i.e., when they're closing for refurb this year?
(Just edited to update above, in case anyone else needs to know: Dec 25, 2016 to Mar 11, 2017) :-)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter