Takumi-Tei Watch Thread

I don't know if it's my browser cookies, but when I clicked on the menu link in the above menu, it still shows the old menu, with the à la carte offering. I found the new menu in the app. I'll be looking forward to seeing reviews, I am not going to be paying $250 per person, but I might be tempted by the plant-based for lower price, but even then... Not going until February, so waiting to see.

What does the lack of reviews and posts tell us? Bloggers are cheap!!
It could also just be no one has gotten a chance yet to re-dine there. It's only been a week and the restaurant isn't one of WDW's most sought after!

What does the lack of reviews and posts tell us? Bloggers are cheap!!

The bloggers were fawning over 'Ohana reopening, and BOG's new menu, and V&A finally opening their doors. So far, there's been 1 in-depth review of actually sitting down and eating there.

(Princess and The Bear on YouTube)

Nothing from DFB, WDWNT, DTB, Michael Kay, AllEars, Pete, nothing.

I'm wondering, if Disney was offering the bloggers some kind of deal to go in opening night and review it, and MItsukoshi, not being owned by Disney, wasn't doing the same kind of deals for the blogs?

The bloggers were fawning over 'Ohana reopening, and BOG's new menu, and V&A finally opening their doors. So far, there's been 1 in-depth review of actually sitting down and eating there.

I'm wondering, if Disney was offering the bloggers some kind of deal to go in opening night and review it, and MItsukoshi, not being owned by Disney, wasn't doing the same kind of deals for the blogs?
I would totally guess thats exactly it- I think its so expensive that they are waiting to be invited or something like that. Princess and the Bear's review looked so good!

It could also just be no one has gotten a chance yet to re-dine there. It's only been a week and the restaurant isn't one of WDW's most sought after!

But when some of the more popular restaurants opened up, the bloggers were all climbing over each other to get reviews out as fast as they could. If this isn't very sought after, you'd think getting in would be easy.

I have a friend who went. He said walking up was quite easy and it was an extraordinary experience. I'm going to speculate the bloggers aren't going because it's quite expensive and I doubt anyone is comping them . . . ?

But when some of the more popular restaurants opened up, the bloggers were all climbing over each other to get reviews out as fast as they could. If this isn't very sought after, you'd think getting in would be easy.
Takumi-Tei's reopening was also extremely quiet, they barely even announced it, and you would not have known except for the food blogs. I'd say give it time there will be more reviews!

I only watched some bits and pieces, but it looks empty in there!!!

Anyone here been to Takumi-Tei in the last week or so...seriously considering it even though that sticker shock is 😳

Anyone here been to Takumi-Tei in the last week or so...seriously considering it even though that sticker shock is 😳
HI YES I went last week and it was WORTH IT- my husband has the meat menu and I had the veggie one and my socks were rocked off.
Def go, spend the money, you wont regret it. In fact, ask Yuki- hes the manager and tell him Victoria Peluso told you to come asap- hes the nicest person on earth

also order the cherry wood smoked whiskey

I ended up deciding not to go, had an omakase where I live for less than Takumi-Tei and had an awesome experience. Takumi-Tei looks great but when there's Soseki off property for 15 dollars more, I'd do the Michelin starred restaurant every time.

I know Pete and the team were busy during Thanksgiving and still are with business/ABD in California. Most vloggers get their reservations and pay like everyone else, and it's possible they just couldn't get a reservation for opening week.

Edit: Nevermind it's still walk ups only, I guess the cost is the big issue.

Scheduled a trip for January and was hoping they would revamp the menu/offerings/price... I wonder how busy it's been....haven't heard much about it. I have a reservation for Monsieur Paul but would consider switching if they offered a less pricey menu option and/or a la carte options.
I went in December and did that exactly- I swapped MP for TT and LOVEEEEED IT- was one of the best meals Ive ever eaten.... then it was eclipsed by Victoria and Alberts, but I will tell you that the service alone is worth the price. It is amazing, spend the money if you can swing it- get the Whisky that is smoked in a box! Trust me on this its worth it

I went in December and did that exactly- I swapped MP for TT and LOVEEEEED IT- was one of the best meals Ive ever eaten.... then it was eclipsed by Victoria and Alberts, but I will tell you that the service alone is worth the price. It is amazing, spend the money if you can swing it- get the Whisky that is smoked in a box! Trust me on this its worth it
Thanks for this! I think you just twisted my arm :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter