Table for 16...but where?

cdackbwv99

Earning My Ears
We are celebrating 4 birthdays in May with 16 family members. Are there any restaurants where we can all sit together for dinner??

Any suggestions and/or strategies as to any restaurants where we can all be accommodated would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Two good choices IMO would be 'Ohana and Captain's Grille.

'Ohana has accommodated 12 in my own experience. I suggest Captain's Grille because it is sometimes underutilized and has the opportunity to put several tables together for 16 (with an ADR, obviously).

Historically, the buffets have split our large parties.

Good luck and hope you enjoy your gathering - the planning is half the fun!

I think probably your best bet is to call the dining line (407-wdw-dine) and just ask them to check tons of restaurants for a party of that size.
Can it be in a park or does it need to be at a resort or at downtown disney?

I think u should call cuz they'll know which places take big groups.

two large tables at biergarten would take care of sixteen.......good choices there for food and entertainment ...the tables are next to each other and close enough to be part of both groups......

We have a party of 14. Ohana's for breakfast and San Angel Inn said they could put us together at one table. The only issue was that we had to go within the first hour or last hour of the meal time. Maybe try one of those. Happy Planning.

I wouldn't do the buffets at least 1900 park fare and crystal palace do not have sitting for that many....even though they will take the reservation and say it is seating for that many you will end up at separate tables....we just had that happen in december plus then they charge you the 18% automatic gratuity even though you aren't sitting together.
I know Kona can seat you and it's great food.
I am pretty sure Mama Melrose can also and possibly Le Cellier (we had 10 seated against the back wall and I think they could've just added tables together to make it 16)
I would go on opinions from travellers and not reservations personel after our last trip. They also told us we would have seating outside at Wolfgang pucks and the girl on the phone said it was lovely with heaters out there and lights etc...we got there and they told us they don't even have outside seating!!?? strange.

When we did our Grand Gathering last summer we had 16 in our group.

We had two tables next to each other at Biergarten, one big table at Crystal Palace, 4 cars next to each other at Sci-Fi, 3 tables right near each other at Coral Reef, and several tables pushed together at Beaches and Cream.

I bet Spoodles could accomodate you. There was a very large party seated together the last time we were there.

the places we dined were:

50s Prime Time
Ohana
Whispering Canyon Cafe
Boma
Garden Grill
Le Cellier
and of course
Hoop De Doo

Usually you do have to fit that kind of crowd in either really early or really late

A lot of great suggestions, thank you all who responded.
91 more days to go. We've had enough cold weather; nice to be able to think about Florida.

In 2007 we had party of 21 in our grand gathering and were all able to sit together at Chef Mickey's (although there is limited space to do so, but we were seated at opening time so we took one long booth area right inside the entrance way). We also were seated together at Boma and 'Ohanas.

Taking an early ADR at most restaurants is the best bet for being seated together, even though that would mean being seated at @ 4pm.

Good luck!

We did a GG for 15 in 2007 (Presidents week:scared:), when you call dining they will transfer you to group reservations. I found them very helpful, and have never got a "mis-informed" cm with group reservations. Ohanas' and HDDR were both very good with one large table, the entertainment makes b'day celebrations more magicalpixiedust:. Our "together" time was at meals, we split up to tour the parks meeting for certain rides (FP) or parades. While we were able to sit "near" each other at restaurants in the parks we were not at the same table. I agree with a PP an early ADR is better to accomadate a large group. Have you looked at ordering a cake, very cute, we celebrated my ds 4th b'day at LTT and the characters all came over when we sang and gave him a signed b'day card. It's one of our 'treasures':grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!