Switching from POR to AoA.....

blairzo

Earning My Ears
I have POR booked for our upcoming trip April 22-May 2 for 3 adults 2 children (5 and 3.5), but now I'm thinking the kiddos would like AoA better because of the LM theme.
We'd have to do a family suite or 2 standard rooms to fit us all. Any recommendations one way or another??

Having stayed in a Royal Room at POR and visited AOA on our last trip, I would definitely choose AOA over POR. It's more fun, the pool is cool, yes it doesn't have a slide, but it's so much more kid friendly. I wanted to love POR but I just couldn't.

I really really really wanted to stay at a mod resort this year. I said I wouldn't do a value again, but one look at the Cars suite, area, pool, etc at the AoA, and I'm not looking back. My little one is OBSESSED with Cars. He will be in heaven!

I've been looking at AOA pretty much the same dates april 22-28 and no luck on the little mermaid rooms, all booked up:( but I'm keeping my eye out. We ended up booking at pop

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Thats funny, we had two LM rooms booked.....then switched to a nemo suite, then switched to POR....POR ended up being cheaper so decided that adding 2 days was better than trying AOA, and still came out ahead because the spring discount was 25% at POR.

We stayed at AOA in a LM room in Dec. It was cute and pretty, but wow the walk was a long one! If we stayed there again, we would pay for a family suite.

Stay with the mod. AoA is cute, but I found it to be very uncomfortable - the beds and pillows were uncomfortable, resort was very noisy, my DS5 was over the theme in a day and we had all of the parks to get our Disney theme thrills. There are no LM suites, so if you want LM theme, you would need 2 standard rooms which may be difficult to book at this point and there is no discount other than perhaps AAA.

There are no Little Mermaid family suites. Only Lion King, Nemo, and Cars. However, for the size of your group, you may be a bit crowded in POR. I am a family of five - 2 adults, 3 kids - and we would not do a single room anymore. Too crowded and only 1 bathroom. At least for us, it's either 2 value or mod rooms or a suite.

After a lot of hemming and hawing, I booked the Lion King suite at AoA. It's only $150 cheaper than 2 mod rooms for my stay due to the 15% discount at AoA compared to 25% at the moderates, but the pool is perfect for my kids (ages 8, 6, and 2) and they will really enjoy the splash area and theming.

If you were just a family of 4, I'd say that you'd be fine in a room in a moderate, but for 3 adults and 2 kids, I think you'd be a lot more comfortable in the family suites (or 2 rooms).

Well I'm going against the majority here. We LOVE POR. We debated between LM rooms and POR for our last trip, but the theming, quiet resort likeness, QUEEN beds, waterslide and TS restaurant won us over at POR. I'm so glad it did too. We visited AoA while there, and it was far too Walmart-like for us. You could totally stay at POR with 3 adults and two kids - just request an Alligator Bayou room with the Murphy bed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter